PDA

View Full Version : ALLY McDONALD JUST WON THE LPGA DRIVE ON CHAMPIONSHIP!

msbulldog
10-25-2020, 04:28 PM
HAIL STATE!

RocketDawg
10-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Yes she did, and she did it in fine fashion too. Went head to head with an experienced winner and came out on top. That's quite a feat, and a really good birthday present (today is her birthday). The announcers said she was the first golfer from MSU to ever win a major tour event.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-25-2020, 05:01 PM
How much $ did she win?

RocketDawg
10-25-2020, 05:06 PM
How much $ did she win?

$195,000. Not much compared to what male golfers win, but more than most of us make in a year, especially at 28 years old. The winner of the Zozo tournament today will get $1,440,000. The winning caddy will get almost as much as Ally won, assuming 10%.

It seems to me that women's golf has really been adversely affected by Covid this year with more canceled tournaments than the men. And it's probably the virus-safest sport there is (maybe outdoor tennis is safer).

RocketDawg
10-25-2020, 05:17 PM
I'm watching the Zozo tournament now with Thomas and Rahm fighting it out. Every once in a while the sound goes away - I have a feeling they're cutting out F-bombs. :) They must have gotten warnings from the FCC for not being so diligent with the 7-second delay in previous tournaments.

TimberBeast
10-25-2020, 07:49 PM
It was a great win, she has been playing great golf lately and definitely deserves it. She had the lead for the last three out of the four days and still won. That is not easy to do for the first win. Kang hit a ridiculous third shot on 18 and came a hair away from eagling out and potentially tying Ally. Hopefully with that first win in the books she?ll add more to it.