PDA

View Full Version : If Auburn pad Cam money for Bo they should get a refund

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-24-2020, 11:10 AM
Dude can't do a zone read. It's 1 guy right infront of you, how can you misread that? Also he can't hit the broadside of a barn if he was inside it

* PAID dammit

DownwardDawg
10-24-2020, 11:24 AM
I love the way Auburn runs the ball. So jealous......

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:11 PM
I love the way Auburn runs the ball. So jealous......

you have absolutely ZERO chance of winning big in their offense without elite talent.

I get your point. I like it as well, but, if MSU wants to compete for Atlanta, we can't play that way

DownwardDawg
10-24-2020, 12:24 PM
you have absolutely ZERO chance of winning big in their offense without elite talent.

I get your point. I like it as well, but, if MSU wants to compete for Atlanta, we can't play that way

I can't argue with that, but I still love it. If Mullen would have been as creative as Gus we would have won many more games when he was here. All in the past now.

msstate7
10-24-2020, 12:41 PM

Maybe... we have absolutely ZERO proof we will ever win anything as a passing team, but we do have an example of us playing in Atlanta as a running team.

I'm not saying we should be a running every play, but passing every play seems to be just as stupid an idea these days.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:45 PM
Maybe... we have absolutely ZERO proof we will ever win anything as a passing team, but we do have an example of us playing in Atlanta as a running team.

I'm not saying we should be a running every play, but passing every play seems to be just as stupid an idea these days.

We ain't won shit as a running team, which is the reason you try something new. We've got to evolve to the new era of football or we'll get left behind.

We're doing the right thing

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:45 PM
HUGE break for Ole Miss as the 2nd half kickoff return by Auburn for a TD gets called back due to a BS holding call

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Bo Nix is awful

msstate7
10-24-2020, 12:49 PM
We ain't won shit as a running team, which is the reason you try something new. We've got to evolve to the new era of football or we'll get left behind.

Hasn't leach been doing this for 20 years? Not really cutting edge.

If this experiment fails like the last one by Cohen, I hope he's out on his butt too. We had a team ready to win big in 2018, but decided to change our identity. Now I will say, I'm gonna give this a shot.

SailingDawg
10-24-2020, 12:51 PM
Lane Kiffin is no Les Miles.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:54 PM
Hasn't leach been doing this for 20 years? Not really cutting edge.

If this experiment fails like the last one by Cohen, I hope he's out on my butt too. We had a team ready to win big in 2018, but decided to change our identity. Now I will say, I'm gonna give this a shot.

It'll work.

I think people were so excited to finally see Leach's offense in the SEC that they want to jump to conclusion entirely too early

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 12:55 PM
BTW, it's amazing how quickly OM's offense has regressed since DCs finally figured out what the hell Kiffin/Lebby (Who have never worked together) were doing on offense.

With Leach, everyone already had the recipe.

bluelightstar
10-24-2020, 01:02 PM
BTW, it's amazing how quickly OM's offense has regressed since DCs finally figured out what the hell Kiffin/Lebby (Who have never worked together) were doing on offense.

With Leach, everyone already had the recipe.

Regressed?? They haven?t had fewer than 440 yards this year and are well on their way to doing it against auburn too

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 01:03 PM
Regressed?? They haven?t had fewer than 440 yards this year and are well on their way to doing it against auburn too

Many more turnovers and confusion

Auburn is hot garbage BTW

bluelightstar
10-24-2020, 01:04 PM

No arguments here on Auburn being hot garbage. But I bet we won?t score 21 on them.

msstate7
10-24-2020, 01:05 PM

Yeah, this is regression...

Game 1 - 632 yds
Game 2 - 400 yds
Game 3 - 295 yds
Game 4 - 217 yds

Anyone know who this is? Yikes

ETA... 217 yds in a college football game

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 01:06 PM
No arguments here on Auburn being hot garbage. But I bet we won?t score 21 on them.

I reserve judgement till after seeing us start Rogers

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 01:07 PM
Ole Miss' TE Yahboah is legit.

Cowbell
10-24-2020, 01:34 PM
Yeah, this is regression...

Game 1 - 632 yds
Game 2 - 400 yds
Game 3 - 295 yds
Game 4 - 217 yds

ETA... 217 yds in a college football game

Well...well... we don't have our players***

Cowbell
10-24-2020, 01:36 PM

Our offense is hot garbage. Auburn has scored 4 touchdowns today. We haven't done that in 3 games combined.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Our offense is hot garbage. Auburn has scored 4 touchdowns today. We haven't done that in 3 games combined.

And we haven't played Ole Miss yet either

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 01:39 PM
I wish Leach would put some RPO into his air raid

bluelightstar
10-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Ah wearing a team down with the running game in the fourth quarter. I will miss that

Turfdawg67
10-24-2020, 01:45 PM
Auburn's D is hot garbage

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-24-2020, 01:59 PM
Auburn is the luckiest team I've ever seen.

They win a Natty in '10 because our poor boosters can't pay Cam's dad $180k

The play for Natty in '13 because of 2 of the luckiest endings I've ever seen.

2 weeks ago they beat Arkansas because of the clearest missed call I've ever seen.

Now they have a chance to get the ball back and win after indisputable video evidence showing they touched the kickoff... yet the refs ruled it wrong on the field and the replay booth somehow missed it. It was incredibly clear on the first view of the replay

R2Dawg
10-24-2020, 02:01 PM
I wish Leach would put some RPO into his air raid

Agree. Nothing is so good that is doesn't have to change over the long haul. Leach must adapt his O or he will fail. Look at any O philosophy since football was invented. One dimensional teams also are limited in their success. See the academy schools.

SailingDawg
10-24-2020, 02:05 PM
Thaaaat?s a shame.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Agree. Nothing is so good that is doesn't have to change over the long haul. Leach must adapt his O or he will fail. Look at any O philosophy since football was invented. One dimensional teams also are limited in their success. See the academy schools.

The crazy thing is RPO isn't even making us more "balanced"; we could run it instead of doing normal handoffs when we get a 5 man box. Make the LBs choose whether to play the run or drop into their zone and have the slot receiver sprint to that vacated area.

If used like that it would make us MORE of an air raid than we are now

Todd4State
10-24-2020, 02:22 PM
Auburn is the luckiest team I've ever seen.

They win a Natty in '10 because our poor boosters can't pay Cam's dad $180k

The play for Natty in '13 because of 2 of the luckiest endings I've ever seen.

2 weeks ago they beat Arkansas because of the clearest missed call I've ever seen.

Now they have a chance to get the ball back and win after indisputable video evidence showing they touched the kickoff... yet the refs ruled it wrong on the field and the replay booth somehow missed it. It was incredibly clear on the first view of the replay

I hate Auburn.

Todd4State
10-24-2020, 02:22 PM
Ah wearing a team down with the running game in the fourth quarter. I will miss that

And they beat Ole Miss on a Mike Leach special.

PendingTransaction
10-24-2020, 02:34 PM
"Yeah, this is regression...

Game 1 - 632 yds
Game 2 - 400 yds
Game 3 - 295 yds
Game 4 - 217 yds

ETA... 217 yds in a college football game "

It will definitely move back near week one numbers next week!!!

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 02:46 PM
Waddle just left the field and looks badly injured

msstate7
10-24-2020, 05:39 PM
Waddle just left the field and looks badly injured

That sucks. They could lose top 5 WRs and destroy us... I don't want a talented kid to get hurt

Maroonthirteen
10-24-2020, 09:37 PM
Well...well... we don't have our players***

No spring practice ***

HoopsDawg
10-24-2020, 09:53 PM

You have to be multiple. Leach's passing attack with a mobile QB and a power run game. That's what LSU was last year. That's what Ole Miss is this year.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 10:38 PM
You have to be multiple. Leach's passing attack with a mobile QB and a power run game. That's what LSU was last year. That's what Ole Miss is this year.

You may be right, but I do find it hilarious how people have made their mind up after 4 games when this guy has been running this offense successfully for 20 years.

And I know you'll respond that he's never coached in the SEC and the SEC is different, and you may be totally correct in that assessment, but, it's only 4 games.

In a year, if we are still stuck in the mud, then I'll be right there with you, but, after 4 games compared to 20 years of Mike Leach, I'm going to lean towards us not having enough information yet to say what you've GOT TO BE

HoopsDawg
10-24-2020, 10:43 PM
We will see if he adjusts. He can definitely win big here if he doesn't rest on his laurels. I call him Joe Lee Leach. But he's smarter than Joe Lee.

But I do know throwing 60 passes into a 3-8 is not going to work. I know that. 1 game, 4 games, 20 games, you don't pass your way out of a 3-8.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 11:12 PM
We will see if he adjusts. He can definitely win big here if he doesn't rest on his laurels. I call him Joe Lee Leach. But he's smarter than Joe Lee.

But I do know throwing 60 passes into a 3-8 is not going to work. I know that. 1 game, 4 games, 20 games, you don't pass your way out of a 3-8.

I agree and I think as the QB and OL play gets better, we'll actually run it more.

At the height of the his Wazzou stint, Leach ran the ball about 30% of the time with Minshew and we're currently at 24%. Not a huge change, but when you consider the sacks we're currently giving up, we're likely going to run it at least 5 more times a game.

Cowbell
10-24-2020, 11:15 PM
You may be right, but I do find it hilarious how people have made their mind up after 4 games when this guy has been running this offense successfully for 20 years.

And I know you'll respond that he's never coached in the SEC and the SEC is different, and you may be totally correct in that assessment, but, it's only 4 games.

In a year, if we are still stuck in the mud, then I'll be right there with you, but, after 4 games compared to 20 years of Mike Leach, I'm going to lean towards us not having enough information yet to say what you've GOT TO BE

Gun, you still don't get it. It's not that people have their minds made up. It's that Leach has not made noticeable adjustments In three games of the worst offensive football in State history. That's a bad sign. Regardless of anyone's past successes, that's a concern. That means that we have to hope everything goes right or our offense is going to stall. That is not how you have consistent success in this league. If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 11:28 PM
Gun, you still don't get it. It's not that people have their minds made up. It's that Leach has not made noticeable adjustments In three games of the worst offensive football in State history. That's a bad sign. Regardless of anyone's past successes, that's a concern. That means that we have to hope everything goes right or our offense is going to stall. That is not how you have consistent success in this league. If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.

Or we just have a QB that knows where to go with the ball and OL that understands the scheme better.

What you don't get is that you think the players actually know what they're doing right now. Additionally, Leach has had trouble in his 1st year at every program he's taken over.

Did he make adjustments in year 2 and 3 at those other programs or did the players just perfect the system more?

I really don't understand your logic at all. Real football isn't Madden where the players perfectly run every play. These are real humans that didn't have Spring practice and are learning on the fly.

IDK, maybe I'm out of touch, but that's common sense to me. Maybe it's wrong.

HoopsDawg
10-24-2020, 11:31 PM
If Leach turns things around at any point and has consistent success, it will not be because his offense works. It will be because he made adjustments.

Couldn't have said it any better. And unfortunately we have 20 years of evidence he doesn't adjust.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2020, 11:44 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. And unfortunately we have 20 years of evidence he doesn't adjust.

So players executing the same offense better would have nothing to do with it?

HoopsDawg
10-24-2020, 11:49 PM
So players executing the same offense better would have nothing to do with it?

You've finally gotten it!

Todd4State
10-25-2020, 12:19 AM

The biggest adjustment he needs to make is at QB. He just needs to bite the bullet and start Rogers and go full on youth movement. No reason not to with Costello going full on head case and Kylin basically officially unofficially gone.

HoopsDawg
10-25-2020, 12:25 AM
The biggest adjustment he needs to make is at QB. He just needs to bite the bullet and start Rogers and go full on youth movement. No reason not to with Costello going full on head case and Kylin basically officially unofficially gone.

Lol, nope. Might help marginally. Might not. That's not the main issue.

Todd4State
10-25-2020, 12:48 AM
Lol, nope. Might help marginally. Might not. That's not the main issue.

You could say that same about trying to run the ball more. In fact the evidence out there suggests that it wouldn't by the way we tried that toss play which didn't do much.

Anyway, it absolutely is the main issue. If you understood the Air Raid you would understand why.

And don't come on here and nah, nah, nah, nah when Bama kicks our ass after we start Will Rogers.

Cowbell
10-25-2020, 07:41 AM
Or we just have a QB that knows where to go with the ball and OL that understands the scheme better.

What you don't get is that you think the players actually know what they're doing right now. Additionally, Leach has had trouble in his 1st year at every program he's taken over.

Did he make adjustments in year 2 and 3 at those other programs or did the players just perfect the system more?

I really don't understand your logic at all. Real football isn't Madden where the players perfectly run every play. These are real humans that didn't have Spring practice and are learning on the fly.

IDK, maybe I'm out of touch, but that's common sense to me. Maybe it's wrong.
I don't think the players know what they are doing right now. That's pretty obvious.
And I don't expect you to understand my logic. I have actually played this game at a very competitive level and your understanding of the game says that you haven't.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-25-2020, 08:51 AM
I don't think the players know what they are doing right now. That's pretty obvious.
And I don't expect you to understand my logic. I have actually played this game at a very competitive level and your understanding of the game says that you haven't.

Oh get out of here with that "I'm not going to address your points or explain my own, I'm just going to appeal to my own authority and say you're dumb" logical fallacy BS.

Either be willing to discuss points to those that question your view or dont' comment at all. NEVER come with this "actually I played so am infinitely smarter than you and don't have ot explain why I'm right" crap. It's mentally weak and contributes nothing to the board, just to your own ego

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2020, 08:59 AM
You could say that same about trying to run the ball more. In fact the evidence out there suggests that it wouldn't by the way we tried that toss play which didn't do much.

Anyway, it absolutely is the main issue. If you understood the Air Raid you would understand why.

And don't come on here and nah, nah, nah, nah when Bama kicks our ass after we start Will Rogers.

I thought the toss play was good.

You didn?t think it did much?

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2020, 09:00 AM
You've finally gotten it!

Not sure we?re on the same page Chief

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2020, 09:02 AM

Ok. Most times players lack perspective and I?ve done a lot of things that allow me to understand that and you not to be able to.

ShotgunDawg
10-25-2020, 09:05 AM
Oh get out of here with that "I'm not going to address your points or explain my own, I'm just going to appeal to my own authority and say you're dumb" logical fallacy BS.

Either be willing to discuss points to those that question your view or dont' comment at all. NEVER come with this "actually I played so am infinitely smarter than you and don't have ot explain why I'm right" crap. It's mentally weak and contributes nothing to the board, just to your own ego

Players that try to show authority because they played are idiots. You see it all the time and it?s because they can?t explain it and don?t understand it at a high enough level to actually explain it.

In dealing thousands of players over the years, I?ve generally learned that they lack perspective. It?s not until they seek out understanding and knowledge that their playing background, and instincts that come with that, actually matters.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-25-2020, 12:55 PM
Players that try to show authority because they played are idiots. You see it all the time and it?s because they can?t explain it and don?t understand it at a high enough level to actually explain it.

In dealing thousands of players over the years, I?ve generally learned that they lack perspective. It?s not until they seek out understanding and knowledge that their playing background, and instincts that come with that, actually matters.

Yep. Ability to execute something on the ground and ability to form overall strategy and keep the big picture in mind are completely separate things. Of course, having done something on the ground does put you closer to the people who strategize so real world experience does help, but like you say many people just assume that playing CB at a high level = they'd be the best DC of the entire message board, when in reality there's probably a few strategic fans that have read books and know more overall about defenses. Same goes for military- you can be a great soldier and have no clue how to move divisions around to win a war. But being a soldier does put you closer to military strategy than the vast majority of non-soldiers will ever get, so it's not worthless by any means.

Like does anyone think that no message board posters that didn't play basketball could comprehend the problems in Rick Ray's teams? That nobody that didn't play football could see a problem in JoMo's offense and culture? Of course we can. And believe me, those people people are a heck of a lot more qualified to come onto this board and tell us "I'm not going to explain myself because you couldn't possibly understand the depths of my experience" than Cowbell or C34 or any other poster ever will be able to say.

I dont' have to have experience with woodworking to notice the table is wobbly. I don't have to be Lebron James to know when a team is taking poor shots. I don't have to be a former OL to see our OL missing assignments and Eiland having slow feet. And I don't have to be a QB to know Will Rogers will certainly help this O to some extent

Cowbell
10-25-2020, 02:12 PM

Dude, this was in response to him claiming that I looked at this like a madden Nintendo game. And him claiming that I "don't get it". So I was just making sure he realized the perspective I'm coming from. So settle down.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-25-2020, 03:41 PM
Dude, this was in response to him claiming that I looked at this like a madden Nintendo game. And him claiming that I "don't get it". So I was just making sure he realized the perspective I'm coming from. So settle down.

Then call him an idiot for that take, don't go "well I played so I know more than you and I don't have to explain myself". That's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. At least Shotgun explains his (admitedly often terrible) takes. Love you shotgun lol

Cowbell
10-25-2020, 03:56 PM
Then call him an idiot for that take, don't go "well I played so I know more than you and I don't have to explain myself". That's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. At least Shotgun explains his (admitedly often terrible) takes. Love you shotgun lol
Oooohhhhh I get it now.... I never realized Gun's wife was a poster. That's actually pretty cool. I get why he spends so much time on here now.....

vindastra
10-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Oooohhhhh I get it now.... I never realized Gun's wife was a poster. That's actually pretty cool. I get why he spends so much time on here now.....

Actually, you might be onto something. Of late, Shotgun's posts do not have the old flavor.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-25-2020, 05:22 PM

Buddy i don't think I could go a day living with him. I mean he makes 30 posts a day here, could you imagine how many thoughts he has that don't make the cut?? I don't want to hear all that. Though I am convinced that one poster last year was JoMo's wife, what was that username?

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2020, 05:51 PM
Bo Nix is awful

Him and Kellen Mond.

Lord McBuckethead
10-25-2020, 05:52 PM
It'll work.

I think people were so excited to finally see Leach's offense in the SEC that they want to jump to conclusion entirely too early

That and we set the alltime sec passing yard record on his first outing @ deathvalley against the defending national champs.

Cowbell
10-25-2020, 06:13 PM
Buddy i don't think I could go a day living with him. I mean he makes 30 posts a day here, could you imagine how many thoughts he has that don't make the cut?? I don't want to hear all that. Though I am convinced that one poster last year was JoMo's wife, what was that username?
Lol yes I can't remember who that was...

Todd4State
10-25-2020, 11:37 PM
I thought the toss play was good.

You didn?t think it did much?

I thought it was a nice wrinkle but no it wasn't really that effective at all. Did we ever get a first down out of it?

And I didn't think the idea of using it was bad- but again our personnel didn't really execute it all that well.

FISHDAWG
10-27-2020, 07:04 AM

Define successfully - any conference championships ? Any division titles ? ... The cream of the conferences will find a way to beat the 100% air raid and has done so for years now .... as for a sample size of only 4 games - that has shown us that the air raid can EASILY be shut down if no other threats remain on offense ...... I can't blame some for being skeptical when ML has shown absolutely no willingness to change or adapt to either his own players or opposing defenses. Will it still be that way in two or three years? - This is what throws an air of skepticism into the current assessment of our coach - at least for some of us

FISHDAWG
10-27-2020, 07:20 AM

hahahahahahaha .... whatever

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2020, 07:39 AM
hahahahahahaha .... whatever

Believe what you want my man.