11-07-2013, 08:01 PM
7-3 Huddies

#22 is another reason we need to recruit la a whole lot more

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 08:02 PM
14-3 Hud

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 08:07 PM
9 Cajuns just tackled the Troy RB on 3rd down behind the LOS. That team would ALL run through a brick wall for Hud.

was21
11-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Stanford hopefully over ducks

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 08:13 PM
21-6 Hud, 60 yard pass. Broadway just floats a pass over the only defender. Hmmm throw the ball down the field

HereComesTheSpiral
11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Do they ever play on Saturday? Geez

Would they ever be on tv if they played on saturday?

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 08:35 PM
they get a lot of those touchdown thingys.

Dawgfan77
11-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Would they ever be on tv if they played on saturday?
He will be next year every sat on espn or CBS

preachermatt83
11-07-2013, 08:56 PM

On the SEC NETWORK

preachermatt83
11-07-2013, 08:57 PM
21-6 Hud, 60 yard pass. Broadway just floats a pass over the only defender. Hmmm throw the ball down the field

That's not legal is it?**

HereComesTheSpiral
11-07-2013, 08:57 PM

For South Carolina**

Coach34
11-07-2013, 09:00 PM

yeah, South Carolina does get alot of those games

SnakePlissken
11-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Looks like Dan Mullen is coaching. Let an avg team hang around then throw a pick 6

engie
11-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Looks like Dan Mullen is coaching. Let an avg team hang around then throw a pick 6

That 3-4 play "f you Troy" drive right down the field directly after the pick6 reminds you of Mullen?

Hud's defense is leaving a lot to be desired in these last 2, that's for sure.

The best things I've seen from them thusfar this year is the ability to take a punch in the mouth and punch right back -- as well as what has been pretty good halftime adjustments thusfar...

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Troy closes it to 6. 35-29 ULL

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Hud's only up 5 and Troy has the ball, 5 minutes left. 41-36

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2013, 10:45 PM
yeah, South Carolina does get alot of those games
So now Hud is actually to good to come to MSU? So if we could actually get him you would be ecstatic?

Coach34
11-07-2013, 10:56 PM
So now Hud is actually to good to come to MSU? So if we could actually get him you would be ecstatic?

I didnt say he was too good- I'm just saying he has other options besides us

Bucky Dog
11-07-2013, 11:01 PM
The HUDS destroy a very good Troy team at home in front of 60,000!*****

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Let me get this straight. You think Hud goes to South Carolina? Shit, one of the best coaches in the history of the game could only get South Carolina to the SEC championship game. Once the ole ball coach leaves South Carolina, they will suck something awful.

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Let me get this straight. You think Hud goes to South Carolina? Shit, one of the best coaches in the history of the game could only get South Carolina to the SEC championship game. Once the ole ball coach leaves South Carolina, they will suck something awful.

USC is here to stay. Old shitty USC died long ago. They'll hire an excellent coach when Spurrier leaves. I don't think Hud would make their top 3. That fanbase has gotten spoiled with coaches. No way they hire Hud with their fan expectations of a hire. We might lose Hud but it won't be to USC. I don't care if C34 ex talks to Hud directly. That shit ain't happening.

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 11:30 PM
You really think USC is here to stay? Spurrier won at Duke. That is all I will say. When Shaw and Clowney leave, they will not be good. They will be a 6-6 team at best even with Spurrier coaching. It also doesn't help that Clemson is starting to do better in football as well. Heck if they didn't have Shaw the past two weeks, they would be on a two game losing streak even with our turnovers. That second string QB is not good and they would have shown just how youthful they are. It's amazing what a great senior QB on offense and the number one overall draft pick on defense can do to mask a lot of issues.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 11:34 PM
They beat Alabama without Shaw a few years ago. They went to a SEC Championship game without Shaw and Clowney I'm pretty sure. Spurrier has won at SC without those two players. Why can't he do it again when they leave?

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 11:41 PM
He beat them with a veteran QB in Garcia. If you read my posts ass, I said they are winning with Spurrier. Next year though losing Clowney and then starting that passing QB that isn't really good as of yet will put them at 6-6 next year IMO.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 11:43 PM
He beat them with a veteran QB in Garcia. If you read my posts ass, I said they are winning with Spurrier. Next year though losing Clowney and then starting that passing QB that isn't really good as of yet will put them at 6-6 next year IMO.

What the **** is your problem? I simply asked why you thought they would not be but a 6-6 team after Clowney and Shaw leave....why call me an ass?

ETA: oh, you're probably still butthurt over me calling you out in the other thread. Well I'm sorry, quit saying dumb shit and I'll quit pointing it out. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

4Dawgs4Life
11-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Did someone call Troy a good team? They were 5-4 and Huddy barely beat em. Yea let's fire Mullen go in debt with a buy out and then pay Huddy to just be blah. I say if for some stupid reason Mullen were to be fired (which we will be lucky if he doesn't get hired away) I say go after Petrino. Now that would be an upgrade (what does morality have to do with wins and loses)

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Yes I think they are here to stay. Them losing Spurrier doesn't make me think they'll fall back. They'll make a great hire and have a full cupboard.

Dawg61
11-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Did someone call Troy a good team? They were 5-4 and Huddy barely beat em. Yea let's fire Mullen go in debt with a buy out and then pay Huddy to just be blah. I say if for some stupid reason Mullen were to be fired (which we will be lucky if he doesn't get hired away) I say go after Petrino. Now that would be an upgrade (what does morality have to do with wins and loses)

Hud won. Again. His team is learning how to be the hunted instead of the hunter right now. Get back to me when he loses.

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 11:52 PM
You have been challenging my posts all day for some reason for what appears to me not good reasons.

When you lose a guy like Clowney and Shaw, you have to expect some amount of drop off. Sure, people are saying they are young but when you have big time experience at important positions, it masks youth at other positions. Unless they have a different QB that plays world beater next year, I see their offense struggling. Also with no Clowney, that defensive line will not get the luxury of Clowmey double teams.

Spurrier has won at Duke and Florida and has only been able to get USC to the SEC championship game once. In fact, two coaches they have had that won national championships could only get them to the SEC championship game once and they got skull drug by Auburn. Seems to me unless USC makes a home run hire once Spurrier retires, they will regress. Makes the most sense to me.

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Whatever dude. I thought your attitude was improving. Only took a day for that to be proven wrong.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Whatever dude. I thought your attitude was improving. Only took a day for that to be proven wrong.

So when someone disagrees with you and simply states why they disagree with you, they have a "bad attitude"? Take that shit to Genespage man. If you can't get into a discussion and take a little heat for saying something that makes no sense, get off the damn message board. Geez

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Personally Spurrier is a great coach but he doesn't recruit well. When they change coaches that will come out. Look at Florida after him. But he isn't a persistent recruiter really.

wrb7480
11-08-2013, 12:07 AM

Sorry for interrupting the cat fight.....

I didn't really see anything that makes me that excited about HUD as our possible next coach. He let a very average Troy team hang around. Everyone should remember we skull drug this same Troy team. I just don't see the logic that says ULL was ok to nearly lose to them.

Now a real coach was on TV tonight that I would love to have here....Art Briles! May just be dreaming but we could pay him enough to come and do his magic here!

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-08-2013, 12:09 AM
You have been challenging my posts all day for some reason for what appears to me not good reasons.

When you lose a guy like Clowney and Shaw, you have to expect some amount of drop off. Sure, people are saying they are young but when you have big time experience at important positions, it masks youth at other positions. Unless they have a different QB that plays world beater next year, I see their offense struggling. Also with no Clowney, that defensive line will not get the luxury of Clowmey double teams.

Spurrier has won at Duke and Florida and has only been able to get USC to the SEC championship game once. In fact, two coaches they have had that won national championships could only get them to the SEC championship game once and they got skull drug by Auburn. Seems to me unless USC makes a home run hire once Spurrier retires, they will regress. Makes the most sense to me.

What about when they lost Lattimore? What about Alshon Jeffrey? What about Garcia? Hell, I could go look up all the NFL players they've had on the roster the last 5-6 years. They have lost tons of talent over the past several years and have not seen any regression that I can see. Clowney may be their most talented player, but he's not been their best this year. They've been reloading, not rebuilding, for years now.

Spurrier gets the credit for building them up, but SC has been building that program up for longer than Spurrier has been there. It started with the Holtz hire, and then he retired and gave way to Spurrier. Between the 2 of them, that program has been stable as an upper echelon SEC program for a decade plus now. Maybe they have had a year or 2 not at that level, but for the most part they are consistently in the discussion. That program stability has them in position to maintain this level for years to come. Could they hire Sly Croom part deux and regress? Sure. But they could also hire almost anyone they want and continue to maintain and/or build.

When you post things that have no foundation, your posts get challenged.

MarketingBully01
11-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Neither points I made today were dumb. They were my opinions but you're the one who attacks them and says they make no sense.

My first point of the day was regarding the turnover issue against USC. If we don't turn the ball over and all other items being equal we win the game. The stats and everything else backs me up on this point. I just stated on this issue lets agree to disagree because it's obvious neither of us will change our opinions on this point.

The second point is that once Spurrier retires from USC they will fade back into mediocrity or worse. They also don't have much history and considering their last two coaches Holtz and Spurrier could only get them as far as they did makes sense to me they will fade back into mediocrity or worse. There was a big reason that AD left to take the A&M job. I also think they regress next year because they won't have the leadership of Shaw or the abilities of Clowmey. I think they will be 6-6 next year.

My point to all of this is that I can deal with disagreements and like good discourse. I just thought your responses have been a bit on the attacking side so I called you an ass. I apologize for calling you an ass. And I will end these two discussions with those points.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 12:13 AM
What about when they lost Lattimore? What about Alshon Jeffrey? What about Garcia? Hell, I could go look up all the NFL players they've had on the roster the last 5-6 years. They have lost tons of talent over the past several years and have not seen any regression that I can see. Clowney may be their most talented player, but he's not been their best this year. They've been reloading, not rebuilding, for years now.

Spurrier gets the credit for building them up, but SC has been building that program up for longer than Spurrier has been there. It started with the Holtz hire, and then he retired and gave way to Spurrier. Between the 2 of them, that program has been stable as an upper echelon SEC program for a decade plus now. Maybe they have had a year or 2 not at that level, but for the most part they are consistently in the discussion. That program stability has them in position to maintain this level for years to come. Could they hire Sly Croom part deux and regress? Sure. But they could also hire almost anyone they want and continue to maintain and/or build.

Exactly. Especially that last sentence.

They have been playing and recruiting at a high level for several years now.

MarketingBully01
11-08-2013, 12:18 AM
My point is IT WILL take Spurrier/Holtz type hires to maintain that level they are on. I am 99% sure that they will not make another Spurrier/Holtz hire.

Let me put it to you this way for you guys to understand it. It would be like if we hired Daryl Royal after Jackie Sherrill and Sherrill retired after 2000. That is why they have been able to maintain the success they have had. If we had hired Holtz then Spurrier, I would hope that we would have had as much success as they had at South Carolina.

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Neither points I made today were dumb. They were my opinions but you're the one who attacks them and says they make no sense.

My first point of the day was regarding the turnover issue against USC. If we don't turn the ball over and all other items being equal we win the game. The stats and everything else backs me up on this point. I just stated on this issue lets agree to disagree because it's obvious neither of us will change our opinions on this point.

The second point is that once Spurrier retires from USC they will fade back into mediocrity or worse. They also don't have much history and considering their last two coaches Holtz and Spurrier could only get them as far as they did makes sense to me they will fade back into mediocrity or worse. There was a big reason that AD left to take the A&M job. I also think they regress next year because they won't have the leadership of Shaw or the abilities of Clowmey. I think they will be 6-6 next year.

My point to all of this is that I can deal with disagreements and like good discourse. I just thought your responses have been a bit on the attacking side so I called you an ass. I apologize for calling you an ass. And I will end these two discussions with those points.

No, you didn't state them as opinions. Do you know the difference in a fact and an opinion? You said, "if we don't turn it over, we win". You weren't saying that was your opinion....you were saying it was a fact, and you are still trying to say it in this post!

And no, you didn't say they would only regress after Spurrier left....you said they would regress "even with Spurrier". See, if you would have actually said the things you are claiming you said, instead of the things you ACTUALLY said, you wouldn't have been called out.

I am all for a good debate, but don't get mad when I point out mistakes and lack of foundation in your posts. I am wrong all the time, and instead of changing my story and spinning my words, I just take responsibility for getting it wrong. I don't dislike you...I actually enjoy a lot of your posts. But get thicker skin, or else be more accurate with your posts if you don't like debating and getting them called out.

MarketingBully01
11-08-2013, 12:20 AM
I would hope USC was a stable upper echelon program in the SEC since they had two hall of fame coaches to get them there. My point is they will not hire another hall of fame coach and the foundation will crumble...

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 12:21 AM
We couldn't outbid Baylor for Briles. They would pony up way more than we could ever offer.

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Just like MSU has increased their revenue 6x over in the last 5 years USC is going to have tremendous growth in money. I don't see them falling back because they are too rich to do so right now. It would take a historically bad hire to go back to a 4-8 type team. They are rich. Even if they hire a shitty coach (very doubtful) they have so much going for them in everything else surrounding the football program it'll be enough to mask said shitty coach to be at worst a 6-6 team. Then they'll just hire another coach till they get it right. They might fall back to 6-6. At worst.

MarketingBully01
11-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Understood, I will be quiet now. :). What I meant to say and what I typed didn't come across too well. I apologize for that. I enjoy the opinions on this board as well. I tend to let emotion sometimes get the better of me. I will just stop here. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 12:27 AM
We couldn't outbid Baylor for Briles. They would pony up way more than we could ever offer.

Spending money on academics I believe this. On sports I think MSU is ahead but they are building a new stadium so maybe not.

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Understood, I will be quiet now. :). What I meant to say and what I typed didn't come across too well. I apologize for that. I enjoy the opinions on this board as well. I tend to let emotion sometimes get the better of me. I will just stop here. Sorry for the confusion I caused.

Don't be quiet just be more Incognito and a little less Martin. Ha

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Baylor is way way way ahead on endowments and like Oregon decided to get serious about football

CadaverDawg
11-08-2013, 12:33 AM
Don't be quiet just be more Incognito and a little less Martin. Ha

Haha +1

Dawg61
11-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Baylor is way way way ahead on endowments and like Oregon decided to get serious about football

This article disagrees with you. Feel free to link one saying that Baylor will now start putting in lots of academic money towards football. http://businessofcollegesports.com/2011/03/20/whos-making-money-in-big-12-football/

engie
11-08-2013, 12:49 AM

Endowment money has nothing at all to do with athletics. If it did, college sports would be run by Harvard and Yale.

We can bid with Baylor. But we can't with the teams that are actually going after Briles this year.

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 01:08 AM
Ok keep thinking we have the cash Baylor has...for all of you that think we can just pay a buy out and then hire a Briles don't mind me when in a two years we are back to the drawing board because we, as a fan base, didn't have relentless effort and patience with Coach Mullen.

engie
11-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Ok keep thinking we have the cash Baylor has....
Thanks. We will. Because it's an indisputable fact.

for all of you that think we can just pay a buy out and then hire a Briles don't mind me when in a two years we are back to the drawing board because we, as a fan base, didn't have relentless effort and patience with Coach Mullen
Poor ole MSU.

Explain to me how "relentless effort" and patience(complacency) are the same thing? They are alot closer to antonyms than synonyms.

sandwolf
11-08-2013, 02:12 AM

I really don't have any idea as to whether or not we could outbid Baylor for Briles, but even if we could, I don't think it would matter. The guy was born and raised in Texas, played WR at Houston, graduated from Texas Tech, spent the next 30 years coaching at Texas high schools, coached running backs at Texas Tech, then became the head coach at Houston, and now he is at Baylor.......it is safe to say that the guy is a fan of the state of Texas, and as long as he is able to make millions of dollars and win football games there, I really don't see him leaving for any program outside the state, much less MSU.

bulldawg28
11-08-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm not seeing what the Hud woolies are seeing. Hud struggled with the same team Mullen destroyed. Hud had a big lead and almost lost it. That's the same crap our know all fans hold over Mullen's head. And before you start with SEC talent versus Sun belt remember our talent is medicore In comparison to the SEC and Freeze. Another thing Hud is bringing in transfers and equal talent to State's two and three stars. I also saw no fire on the sideline.

4Dawgs4Life
11-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I really don't have any idea as to whether or not we could outbid Baylor for Briles, but even if we could, I don't think it would matter. The guy was born and raised in Texas, played WR at Houston, graduated from Texas Tech, spent the next 30 years coaching at Texas high schools, coached running backs at Texas Tech, then became the head coach at Houston, and now he is at Baylor.......it is safe to say that the guy is a fan of the state of Texas, and as long as he is able to make millions of dollars and win football games there, I really don't see him leaving for any program outside the state, much less MSU.

THIS!

Jack Lambert
11-08-2013, 08:51 AM
You really think USC is here to stay? Spurrier won at Duke. That is all I will say. When Shaw and Clowney leave, they will not be good. They will be a 6-6 team at best even with Spurrier coaching. It also doesn't help that Clemson is starting to do better in football as well. Heck if they didn't have Shaw the past two weeks, they would be on a two game losing streak even with our turnovers. That second string QB is not good and they would have shown just how youthful they are. It's amazing what a great senior QB on offense and the number one overall draft pick on defense can do to mask a lot of issues.

And the sad part is our AD picked Rocky over Spurrier to become head coach at Miss State. Yes folks we could have had him.

Political Hack
11-08-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm not seeing what the Hud woolies are seeing. Hud struggled with the same team Mullen destroyed. Hud had a big lead and almost lost it. That's the same crap our know all fans hold over Mullen's head. And before you start with SEC talent versus Sun belt remember our talent is medicore In comparison to the SEC and Freeze. Another thing Hud is bringing in transfers and equal talent to State's two and three stars. I also saw no fire on the sideline.

Hud's a great coach. Kart night wasn't his best showing for sure... but like I say with Dan, bitching about a win is stupid in college football. I am just fine beating BGSU and UK by one score every single season. Just don't lose.

That said, I'm still firmly in CDM's corner and I think it's dumb not to be before the season is even over. We've sill got football to play.

Jack Lambert
11-08-2013, 08:54 AM

I can see them dropping because they were able to get those guys because they Had Spurrier coaching. Other then Saban who would you want to play for if you had a chance. Thier recruiting will drop off unless they make the right hier.

PMDawg
11-08-2013, 09:02 AM

Your trolling would go better if you didn't bring up Freeze for absolutely no reason at all. Besides that, we know we don't have fans this ignorant of football.

smootness
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
I don't know if we have more money or if Baylor has more money, but it doesn't matter. The only thing I do know is, there is no way in the world we're going to take Art Briles from Baylor, so even entertaining the notion in a hypothetical is pointless.