PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Renfroe is going to go off tonight.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2020, 06:45 PM
Time for MSU to shine. Let's go.

Homedawg
10-21-2020, 07:04 PM
Time for MSU to shine. Let's go.

He's not going to see the field tonight. So might be tough. I guess the rays will offer him arbitration, but he's had a really bad 70 games. His slash line is awful. He does play a good rf so that helps. With the shortened season we shall see how arbitration plays out for lots of people.... Frazier, renfroe and woodruff.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2020, 07:23 PM
Yep. Just saw he wasn't in the lineup. Damn.

Homedawg
10-21-2020, 07:27 PM
Yep. Just saw he wasn't in the lineup. Damn.

Unless it he starts against kershaw again he won't start again this series.

schddog72
10-21-2020, 08:27 PM
Unless it he starts against kershaw again he won't start again this series.

He's a strike-out machine. Got a cannon for an arm and if he makes solid contact, it's likely to leave the yard. But hitting below .200 and not making contact just won't cut it in the Show. I'm really pulling for him, though.

Homedawg
10-21-2020, 09:16 PM
He's a strike-out machine. Got a cannon for an arm and if he makes solid contact, it's likely to leave the yard. But hitting below .200 and not making contact just won't cut it in the Show. I'm really pulling for him, though.

Can't argue w anything you said. It's all true. He needs to sacrifice a chicken cause he no like curve ball.

Lord McBuckethead
10-21-2020, 09:18 PM
I would have him hitting 200 curveballs a day until next season.

Homedawg
10-21-2020, 09:34 PM

Sounds good in theory. But a Bp curve isn't real. And when you "know it's coming off a machine it's not hard either. So either you see it or you don't. Some have it and some dont. That would be a 6th tool. And the reason he can't hit one means he's really a 4 tool guy. Which is better than 0. I hope he figures it out. But it's not likely.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2020, 09:45 PM

That's Hunter's issue though. He'd rather hunt in the off season than learn to hit curveball

MaroonFlounder
10-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Apparently "hitting for average" is not one of Hunter's tools.

Also, there are several people that aren't really watching the postseason that think Nate Lowe is starting every game for the Rays because they see a "Lowe" in the box score.

That's not former Diamond Dawg Nate Lowe, that is Brandon Lowe (pronunciation rhymes with COW).

Just a PSA for those folks.

parabrave
10-22-2020, 12:33 AM
Dam I didn't know there was a game tonight. And about Hunter and the Pedro Serrano curse just go back to game 6 of the ALCS, it's painful to watch. He struckout 4 times and they were ugly. But he has a ALCS ring and maybe a WS ring.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2020, 06:55 AM
Apparently "hitting for average" is not one of Hunter's tools.

Also, there are several people that aren't really watching the postseason that think Nate Lowe is starting every game for the Rays because they see a "Lowe" in the box score.

That's not former Diamond Dawg Nate Lowe, that is Brandon Lowe (pronunciation rhymes with COW).

Just a PSA for those folks.

That is Nate Lowe's younger brother.

Homedawg
10-22-2020, 07:34 AM

No.... it's not.

Captain Falcon
10-22-2020, 07:38 AM

Lol that’s not his brother, their last names aren’t even pronounced the same.

Tbonewannabe
10-22-2020, 11:06 AM
Lol that’s not his brother, their last names aren’t even pronounced the same.

Well, shit that is what I get for half ass listening. Nate's brother is still in the minors for the Rays. His name is Josh.

Homedawg
10-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Well, shit that is what I get for half ass listening. Nate's brother is still in the minors for the Rays. His name is Josh.

Correct

Johnson85
10-22-2020, 11:58 AM
He's not going to see the field tonight. So might be tough. I guess the rays will offer him arbitration, but he's had a really bad 70 games. His slash line is awful. He does play a good rf so that helps. With the shortened season we shall see how arbitration plays out for lots of people.... Frazier, renfroe and woodruff.

I don't get MLB salaries. SO Renfroe got $3M+ for this season, correct? AFter making around $500k per year before? Was that a negotiated one year contract or was that pursuant to some schedule?

What will arbitration mean for him this offseason? A raise? Or will he get cut down based on performance this year?

Homedawg
10-22-2020, 12:00 PM
I don't get MLB salaries. SO Renfroe got $3M+ for this season, correct? AFter making around $500k per year before? Was that a negotiated one year contract or was that pursuant to some schedule?

What will arbitration mean for him this offseason? A raise? Or will he get cut down based on performance this year?
This was his fourth season. So he was eligible for arbitration, which they avoided, but thus the jump in salary. He has two more years of arbitration eligibility before becoming a FA. W his numbers I doubt you see a raise. The entire offseason is going to be interesting w as much money as teams lost.