PDA

View Full Version : One more suggestion for CML....

Thick
10-19-2020, 10:25 PM
while inserting some running game plays, you might also want to add a TE to the mix. Cumbest and Spivey are capable blockers and could be very useful in the raid too. An extra blocker/check down option is very much needed vs SEC defenses.

Leeshouldveflanked
10-20-2020, 06:45 AM
while inserting some running game plays, you might also want to add a TE to the mix. Cumbest and Spivey are capable blockers and could be very useful in the raid too. An extra blocker/check down option is very much needed vs SEC defenses.

Are we sure 6 can block 3?

confucius say
10-20-2020, 07:02 AM

We ran some two TE sets Saturday with both in the game

defiantdog
10-20-2020, 07:52 AM
Are we sure 6 can block 3?

Honestly, our OL have never been properly trained in created a pocket. This is new for them. No excuses because they should be able to hold the guy in front of them instead of letting them run by..... but this is something new with a lot of growing pains.

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2020, 07:57 AM
Honestly, our OL have never been properly trained in created a pocket. This is new for them. No excuses because they should be able to hold the guy in front of them instead of letting them run by..... but this is something new with a lot of growing pains.

This.

It's going to get better. We have WRs open. Once the OL steps it up, this offense will begin to roll

confucius say
10-20-2020, 08:07 AM
Cole smith at guard helped some.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2020, 08:47 AM
The coach is the Pirate.
The fans are the parrots. "OL sucks. Ol sucks".

I guess the OL has to give the QB 10 seconds in this genius dink and dunk.

Johnson85
10-20-2020, 08:56 AM
The coach is the Pirate.
The fans are the parrots. "OL sucks. Ol sucks".

I guess the OL has to give the QB 10 seconds in this genius dink and dunk.

10 seconds would be nice, but just putting a hand on the DL everyplay would be a big improvement and might make a big difference.

Thick
10-20-2020, 09:35 AM
We ran some two TE sets Saturday with both in the game

Yeah I know but I?m not talking about 2 TE sets. I?m talking about utilizing a TE on every play at least 70% so defenses don?t know if you?re passing or running plus it gives you an extra blocker for run and sets up PA as well. Cumbest/Spivey should be utilized a lot more.

Maroonthirteen
10-20-2020, 09:55 AM
10 seconds would be nice, but just putting a hand on the DL everyplay would be a big improvement and might make a big difference.

The QB was getting 2-3 seconds every play v Arkansas and UK. With the exception of a play or two. 2-3 seconds is all you need in the "air-raid "

Bottom line, this offense worked v LSU. It hasn't since teams have adjusted. This offense isn't fooling anyone but our own QB.

As the OP said.... do something different. Use a TE, something .

This topic has been beat to death. Y'all enjoy.

Dawgology
10-20-2020, 12:22 PM
Make sure you email this to him so he can print it out and review it.**