PDA

View Full Version : What Are Top 3 Adjustments Leach Must Make In Off Week

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2020, 11:00 AM
I think we're closer than others to making this work, but, with 2 weeks off, Leach has to make some adjustments.

What are your top 3?

Here are mine.

1. install Will Rogers as the starting QB. This one is easy.

2. Install Cole Smith as the starting LG. The offense starting rolling when that adjustment was made yesterday.

3. Find a consistent role for Spivey and Cumbest in the offense. Bringing in TE Yesterday really helped. It gives the offense some flexibility and helps on edge.

KOdawg1
10-18-2020, 11:03 AM
1. Will Rogers
2. Closer OL splits
3. Get more creative in the run game

Todd4State
10-18-2020, 11:03 AM
1. Same. Start Rogers. I don't see how he doesn't from this point forward. At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he starts KJ again.

2. Agree on Cole Smith. Need to get Dolla Bill healthy.

3. Play Shrader more at WR.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2020, 11:05 AM
1. Will Rogers
2. Closer OL splits

I thought about the splits but I'm not sure if you can easily make that change in two weeks.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2020, 11:05 AM
1. Same. Start Rogers. I don't see how he doesn't from this point forward. At the same time I wouldn't be shocked if he starts KJ again.

2. Agree on Cole Smith. Need to get Dolla Bill healthy.

3. Play Shrader more at WR.

I dint think #3 helps us. Would much rather see a TE utilized.

KOdawg1
10-18-2020, 11:09 AM
I thought about the splits but I'm not sure if you can easily make that change in two weeks.

Well if we're going to change, this is the time to do it. The splits are hurting both our passing and running game. Every rusher has a one on one match up with our OL, and when we decide to run the ball, we're so spread out that we can't create lanes or get to the second level to block.

dawgday166
10-18-2020, 11:11 AM
1st just put Will in. I might would consider the linemen's splits some too.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Rogers is non-negotiable.

A QB with concrete boots and a bad OL just gives us no chance.

HoopsDawg
10-18-2020, 11:25 AM
1. Evolve
2. Evolve
3. Evolve

Cooterpoot
10-18-2020, 11:37 AM
1. Spread Covid throughout the team to get games canceled
2. Pay some top notch OL to sign
3. Change QBs
4. Retire to Key West

Todd4State
10-18-2020, 12:30 PM
I dint think #3 helps us. Would much rather see a TE utilized.

He's built like a tight end. We can run him in the seams and he has length and he is physical. I think he could give us another decent option against the zone.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2020, 01:33 PM
He's built like a tight end. We can run him in the seams and he has length and he is physical. I think he could give us another decent option against the zone.

We need another blocking option when it's called for

R2Dawg
10-18-2020, 01:45 PM
1. Will Rogers
2. Closer OL splits

Ditto. If we had these 3 games ago, we are likely 4-0 right now. These are not huge things for Leach and he should be able to do it.

One problem with OL splits. He has to admit he was wrong and I'm not sure a 5 mil a year man will admit that very easily. We just didn't execute. Where have I heard that before?

basedog
10-18-2020, 02:00 PM
Pretty simple, find a running game, it's not gonna work slinging the ball every play. His offense is way to soft with what he is trying to do. So in the meantime try and find things the offensive line might can do better than look slow, lazy and dazed! They sure can't pass block every down, the Sec defensive players are foaming at the mouth rushing against them!

Bdawg
10-18-2020, 08:52 PM
1 Find the right OL combination
2. Will Rogers
3. Find a couple more run plays to gash a 3-8(totally depends on #1 getting right) and make the defense play something else.

Don't fix #1 in 2 weeks and nothing else matters. Or maybe I should say after Bama.