PDA

View Full Version : More SEC Bama Special Treatment

BeastMan
11-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Nothing earth shattering here but just another example of how much the SEC office loves Bama. This Saturday 5 of the 7 SEC games kickoff by 11:30 Central. Only 2 games after the early kickoff slot. 1 is MSU at A&M at 2:30. The ONLY SEC game Saturday night is Bama vs LSU. They clearly want every eye in the southeast and nation on that TV. That would be the most popular game anyway but the TV schedule is like Moses (SEC Office) parted the Red Sea (TV schedule).

curmudgeon
11-07-2013, 05:32 PM
You are an idiot. This is the CBS Doubleheader week that they do every year. As long as Alabama is #1 and LSU is a top team, that matchup should always be part of the CBS Doubleheader.

Bowldog
11-07-2013, 05:41 PM
The agreement that the SEC, CBS, and ESPN have doesn't allow for ESPN to show any other SEC games during prime time that would compete with the LSU-Bama game.

BeastMan
11-07-2013, 05:47 PM
You are an idiot. This is the CBS Doubleheader week that they do every year. As long as Alabama is #1 and LSU is a top team, that matchup should always be part of the CBS Doubleheader.

You clearly missed the whole point of the post. This isn't about the SEC CBS DBL Header fella. I honestly cant remember what channel every game was on last year but 2 years ago when Bama played LSU on CBS at night, there were other SEC night games (including ours b/c I watched the Bama vs LSU from the junction).

BeastMan
11-07-2013, 05:52 PM
The agreement that the SEC, CBS, and ESPN have doesn't allow for ESPN to show any other SEC games during prime time that would compete with the LSU-Bama game.

Exactly. The UGA vs App State game is only on PPV but they scheduled for 12:30. Dude can call me an idiot all he wants but getting 5 SEC games, including the ones not on ESPN, all done early shows how they want ratings for the late game. I'm not arguing if the night game is the best match-up at all

bluelightstar
11-07-2013, 06:21 PM
This is a huge stretch for "Bama favoritism."

TopDog58
11-07-2013, 06:34 PM
You clearly missed the whole point of the post. This isn't about the SEC CBS DBL Header fella. I honestly cant remember what channel every game was on last year but 2 years ago when Bama played LSU on CBS at night, there were other SEC night games (including ours b/c I watched the Bama vs LSU from the junction).

CBS only had the 7pm game 2 years ago, the rest of the SEC slate was weak. So, since that was their only broadcast of the day, I'm sure there was no non-compete clause for that one. As an FYI, we played the mighty UT-Martin Skyhawks that evening.

Behrdawg
11-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Idiot: a stupid person

Comprehend: grasp mentally, understand

Your lack of comprehension would put you in the same category as your preceding comment. Think about it before you say it.

curmudgeon
11-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Idiot: a stupid person

Comprehend: grasp mentally, understand

Your lack of comprehension would put you in the same category as your preceding comment. Think about it before you say it.

I comprehend it. I think the OP is an idiot for suggesting this is "Bama favoritism." 2 years ago, the two teams played for the national championship. It was not CBS doubleheader day though, just primetime. CBS gets this once a year. Huge slate of 11 a.m. hames followed by the CBS doubleheaders. What game would you suggest putting ahead of Bama-LSU on Saturday? Frankly, I'm shocked that Auburn-Tennessee wasn't the 2:30 game over us and A&M.