PDA

View Full Version : I just cannot fathom how we can?t move the ball against a prevent defense

Irondawg
10-17-2020, 06:17 PM
I just can?t figure it out because while we may stall out in the red zone we should be able to get 40-50 yards on almost every possession.

MetEdDawg
10-17-2020, 06:43 PM
Because we don't run the football enough.

2nd quarter late we ran the ball twice in a row and gashed TAMU and got far down into their territory. Then we quickly went backwards not running it and ended up punting.

Leach is going to have to commit to the run more consistently to make the defense adjust. Teams aren't going to stop dropping 8 because they know for a fact Leach won't continue running the ball. You'll take a couple of runs to gash you because you know Leach won't keep doing it.

R2Dawg
10-17-2020, 06:47 PM
I just can?t figure it out because while we may stall out in the red zone we should be able to get 40-50 yards on almost every possession.

One dimensional and D sits back until the first throw is defended then they run up to tackle the 1 yard throw for gain of 0-2 yards. Easiest O to defend ever in the SEC. Don't use TE and no run game. He did throw in the toss sweep today which I like. Will he do more? If he wants to win he will.

Irondawg
10-17-2020, 06:55 PM
Maybe I’m just not understanding it but other teams in 2 minute drills don’t run the ball against the same defense yet easily get 4-10 yards a pop

Lord McBuckethead
10-17-2020, 07:14 PM
They are not playing off the ball like a prevent defense. They are playing standard zone with an additional coverage guy.

preachermatt83
10-17-2020, 08:13 PM
They are not playing off the ball like a prevent defense. They are playing standard zone with an additional coverage guy.

Correct. Some people just don’t know enough about football to know the difference. Sad really.

defiantdog
10-17-2020, 08:32 PM
UGA is playing a lot of zone against Bama. It's confusing them a lot..... but their OL is pretty damn good.

Homedawg
10-17-2020, 09:05 PM

This. It's not a prevent we are playing against. And we can't block it long enough to take shots for the most part. Hell I'd love to see 4 verticals cause even against quarters coverage it turns into man to man basically. Just got to block it .... which we can't.

Irondawg
10-17-2020, 09:19 PM
Can’t we leave a back in to help if we are going to run 4 verticals? Admittedly I don’t know enough x and o to discuss it competently but right now the league has some kryptonite against our system.

Pretty sure leach has never gone through a stretch like this. I’d love to know what they are seeing when they look over the past 3 weeks film

HoopsDawg
10-17-2020, 09:21 PM
Can’t we leave a back in to help if we are going to run 4 verticals? Admittedly I don’t know enough x and o to discuss it competently but right now the league has some kryptonite against our system.

Pretty sure leach has never gone through a stretch like this. I’d love to know what they are seeing when they look over the past 3 weeks film

Yeah, maybe we can win a 6 vs 3.