PDA

View Full Version : 3

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 04:56 PM
Starting on a short leash I assume. He will have to get it going. I just think he has some sort of injury but Leach knows better than anyone.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:16 PM
I think he plays well tomorrow.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 05:17 PM
I hope so

TaleofTwoDogs
10-16-2020, 05:24 PM
He needs to prove he's not just a one hit wonder... just needs to settle down and rely on his 17 years of playing football. See the field.

Turfdawg67
10-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Based off of what? You hope he plays well tomorrow.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 05:35 PM
Don?t be surprised if 8 is gone either

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:39 PM
Based off of what? You hope he plays well tomorrow.

Regression to the mean. His career track record says that he isn’t near as bad as he’s played. Just like a lifetime .280 hitter that’s in an 0-20 slump, it doesn’t make sense for the rebound to not happen soon.

Just my thought and I’m sure there is more focus this week

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Regression to the mean. His career track record says that he isn’t near as bad as he’s played. Just like a lifetime .280 hitter that’s in an 0-20 slump, it doesn’t make sense for the rebound to not happen soon.

Just my thought and I’m sure there is more focus this week

I think he is injured. But gotta trust Leach I?m just stating my opinion. The ball looks like a dove that has been hit with 5 shot out of his hand

HailStateSZN19
10-16-2020, 05:41 PM

I take it he has responded.....unfavorably and poorly....to the newly instilled discipline by Leach?

I was hopeful with all the smoke that he’d take the 1 game suspension and learn and grow and mature. Apparently he’s gone in the opposite direction. That hurts as far as playmakers but you can’t have selfish people that are causing problems on the team no matter how good they are.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 05:46 PM
I trust Leach. And he knows more about he passing game than I could ever pray to know but I?m skeptical at best about KJ tomorrow

Turfdawg67
10-16-2020, 05:48 PM
I think he is injured. But gotta trust Leach I?m just stating my opinion. The ball looks like a dove that has been hit with 5 shot out of his hand

Agreed... and off his back foot to boot.

HailStateSZN19
10-16-2020, 05:48 PM
With ya Buck. My opinion is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Especially when we’re talking about Leach and QB’s. I trust him.

But if you’re gonna put KJ on a super short leash, why not just go to Will now? Give him all week to work with 1’s and don’t make him come off the bench and get thrust back into the action.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:56 PM
I can't imagine he'd play injured over Will.

I think some of the ducks he's throwing are due to lack of conviction in the throw. There's been a few times where I've noticed his arm slow down with some hesitancy before release.

Throw that in with Leach saying that we've looked far better in practice than in games, and I think things could be closer to turning around than we think.

Just a hunch. Won't be shocked if we suck tomorrow, but the odds have to start evening out at some point.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-16-2020, 05:57 PM
Over or under KJ is the cause for 2 turnovers tomorrow? I'm taking the over....

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:57 PM
With ya Buck. My opinion is as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Especially when we’re talking about Leach and QB’s. I trust him.

But if you’re gonna put KJ on a super short leash, why not just go to Will now? Give him all week to work with 1’s and don’t make him come off the bench and get thrust back into the action.

Probably because Costello practices well and is clearly the better QB.

On Dawgs talk Leach said we are much better in practice than we've been playing in games. There's your answer.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:59 PM
Over or under KJ is the cause for 2 turnovers tomorrow? I'm taking the over....

Push

Thing is, if the two INTs come in the right way, with aggressive throws, they may not be a bad thing if that aggressiveness also leads to big plays.

HailStateSZN19
10-16-2020, 06:07 PM

On Dawgs talk Leach said we are much better in practice than we've been playing in games. There's your answer.

Well at some point, you have to stop being a practice player and you have to produce when the lights are on. He’s not doing that right now. Idc what practice looks like. We don’t get wins/losses from practice play. I hope he goes out there and looks like a new dude and Will doesn’t have to come in because when KJ is on, he’s shown how good he can be. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 06:13 PM

Or maybe Leach doesn?t want to throw a freshman out there behind a OL who is struggling to protect

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Well at some point, you have to stop being a practice player and you have to produce when the lights are on. He’s not doing that right now. Idc what practice looks like. We don’t get wins/losses from practice play. I hope he goes out there and looks like a new dude and Will doesn’t have to come in because when KJ is on, he’s shown how good he can be. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Agree. Just saying that’s likely why he’s starting. Also, when he’s clearly better in practice and the coaches see 8 of 11 players 17ing up on his INTs, then it won’t help to put in Will

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 06:14 PM
Or maybe Leach doesn?t want to throw a freshman out there behind a OL who is struggling to protect

Yeah. That too

Leeshouldveflanked
10-16-2020, 06:16 PM
I watched him warmup and play against UPig.... if he isn?t injured, he doesn?t have anywhere near a NFL arm.... I think he is hurt and trying to play through it.

DLGDawg
10-16-2020, 08:20 PM
Agreed... and off his back foot to boot.

And don't forget the side arm "chunk" he'll throw some!!

bulldawg28
10-16-2020, 08:40 PM

Costello has had plenty of time to throw the ball. He doesn't step up into the pocket and is a sitting duck. There is little excuse for him.

Todd4State
10-16-2020, 08:49 PM
I don't understand how Will Rogers can win practice player of the week and not start if it's about who practices the best.

Todd4State
10-16-2020, 08:58 PM

If it's me 5 is sitting this one out too. And 4.

Todd4State
10-16-2020, 08:59 PM
I can't imagine he'd play injured over Will.

I think some of the ducks he's throwing are due to lack of conviction in the throw. There's been a few times where I've noticed his arm slow down with some hesitancy before release.

Throw that in with Leach saying that we've looked far better in practice than in games, and I think things could be closer to turning around than we think.

Just a hunch. Won't be shocked if we suck tomorrow, but the odds have to start evening out at some point.

I think things are coming to a head. That's usually not good for us on the field.

MaroonFlounder
10-16-2020, 09:03 PM
KJ Henig will continue his assault on the INT records at MSU, including yet another pick-6.

JK. Hope not.

I'm just baffled why the transfer portal does nothing but kick us in the nads.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 09:15 PM
I don't understand how Will Rogers can win practice player of the week and not start if it's about who practices the best.

He wins skill competitions, not practice player of the week

basedog
10-16-2020, 09:54 PM
KJ’s decision making just sucks. Surley he want start tomorrow, he is the main reason we ain’t scoring.

I hope to see major changes in personnel tomorrow. We are soft, slow and lazy on offense.

MaroonFlounder
10-16-2020, 10:11 PM
We are soft, slow and lazy on offense.

Look no further than the O-Line. The wide splits are killing us. SEC D-Linemen eat that shit up.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2020, 10:58 PM

That's not practice. That's just a fun competition.

Cooterpoot
10-16-2020, 10:59 PM
Gonna be a lot going on tomorrow. Lots o changes. 👀

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 11:20 PM
Gonna be a lot going on tomorrow. Lots o changes. ��

In what way?

Seems like a disaster headed our way

Lord McBuckethead
10-16-2020, 11:45 PM
I am going on record, at this time I don't give a crap that we are losing. Leach hopefully will get it going. I am in his corner. Love the dude.

Todd4State
10-16-2020, 11:47 PM
Gonna be a lot going on tomorrow. Lots o changes. ��

Good. I'm sick of these players and their shitty attitudes. It will suck to lose but at least we'll be losing with players busting their ass. I'm just going to hunker down the next two years like I did Cohen's first two as baseball coach.

Dawgcap
10-17-2020, 12:06 AM
We have a few bad apples that pouted like our fans after game 2. A few players and a few fans on here are great when things go well but don?t know how to react to adversity.
The funny thing is these players and fans will pat themselves on the back when things turnaround or bitch and complain if they don?t. Then they will point fingers at the problem while never realizing they are it

basedog
10-17-2020, 05:39 AM
We have a few bad apples that pouted like our fans after game 2. A few players and a few fans on here are great when things go well but don?t know how to react to adversity.
The funny thing is these players and fans will pat themselves on the back when things turnaround or bitch and complain if they don?t. Then they will point fingers at the problem while never realizing they are it

I agree but there was way to much "sugar coating" going on about Leach and especially KJ. Building a program takes a little time, and Leach is in game 4, we shall see the results in a few years as not only does he have to get his players to run his system but to change this soft, lazy slow culture he has to work with this year.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2020, 06:38 AM
I trust Leach as long as we're getting the REAL Mike Leach. My biggest fear, as I posted a while back, is that get a half assed, Houston Nutt Ole Miss type effort

DownwardDawg
10-17-2020, 07:43 AM

Agree. Hopefully Leach will start seeing progression as the season goes on. I would be perfectly fine with playing underclassmen or guys that are bought in and giving all out effort even if we get beat. Game threads bring out the worst in posters, including myself. I've vowed to no longer let football get me pissed off anymore like I let it the past two Saturdays. Life's too short.

BogeyGolfer
10-17-2020, 08:41 AM
Gonna be a lot going on tomorrow. Lots o changes. 👀

Hopefully the "lot going on" will be the OL blocking, the WR catching and the Qb not throwing boomerang pick 6's....Leach is going to have to run the ball in order to bring the D up other wise it's like flag football in the backyard when the QB can't run lol....

Leeshouldveflanked
10-17-2020, 08:48 AM
I trust Leach as long as we're getting the REAL Mike Leach. My biggest fear, as I posted a while back, is that get a half assed, Houston Nutt Ole Miss type effort

This is my fear, Cohen hiring a coach that is passed his prime and is only looking for a paycheck.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2020, 09:07 AM

I don't really know what that means. He already does less than any other SEC coach. He delegetes a lot of head coach responsibilities to Dave Emerick. He doesn't do a lot of recruiting. He runs the same offense he's been running for 20 years no matter what so he's not learning or installing anything new. He doesn't watch a ton of film. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know the names of half our guys on defense.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2020, 09:20 AM
I don't really know what that means. He already does less than any other SEC coach. He delegetes a lot of head coach responsibilities to Dave Emerick. He doesn't do a lot of recruiting. He runs the same offense he's been running for 20 years no matter what so he's not learning or installing anything new. He doesn't watch a ton of film. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't know the names of half our guys on defense.

Well, that doesn't sound good

msbulldog
10-17-2020, 10:02 AM

I hope CML is too competitive for that.

ShotgunDawg
10-17-2020, 10:10 AM
I hope CML is too competitive for that.

One would think and I'd also think he doesn't want his legacy as a coach to be destroyed by this.

Cooterpoot
10-17-2020, 10:12 AM

So he's Dan Mullen

HailStateSZN19
10-17-2020, 10:22 AM
Y’all really think Leach doesn’t want to prove he can make it work in the SEC?

GTFO with that BS. He ain’t here just collecting a pay check on the way to retirement. Of course he wants to win. This is some of the craziest s***t I’ve heard. He’s already filthy rich with a place in Key West. If he was ready to retire, he woulda retired. The stupid narratives some of our fans come up with when we’re struggling is just mind boggling sometimes.

Todd4State
10-17-2020, 10:25 AM
Y’all really think Leach doesn’t want to prove he can make it work in the SEC?

GTFO with that BS. He ain’t here just collecting a pay check on the way to retirement. Of course he wants to win. This is some of the craziest s***t I’ve heard. He’s already filthy rich with a place in Key West. If he was ready to retire, he woulda retired. The stupid narratives some of our fans come up with when we’re struggling is just mind boggling sometimes.

My personal favorite- Felker called all the offensive plays in games that Croom won.

Cooterpoot
10-17-2020, 10:43 AM
Looks like the only starter out is Kylin. OL is going to be the same minus Dolla and with Sharp. WR stays the same unless Walley Starts.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2020, 11:16 AM
So he's Dan Mullen

No, Mullen micro managed his assistants and went thru D-coordinators like hotcakes. Leach doesn't interfere with his defensive coaches at all-which is a good thing. But also shows how little Leach is involved with everthing except the offense. This is no different than Leach has been his whole career. Leach has it figured out for sure.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Looks like the only starter out is Kylin. OL is going to be the same minus Dolla and with Sharp. WR stays the same unless Walley Starts.

Is kylin done for the year or just this game?

Percho
10-17-2020, 12:17 PM
We have the worst fans in the whole wide world. WWW.com

maroonmania
10-17-2020, 01:22 PM
We have the worst fans in the whole wide world. WWW.com

We don't have fans we have family. Its just the family can be dysfunctional at times. I agree though that it is not believable that Leach would come to the SEC just to mail it in. Now, as some have said, Leach has never been a workaholic micromanager who is in love with recruiting. He will do things as he has done for nearly 20 years in the Big 12 and Pac 12. Only question is whether the level of involvement and effort Leach has always given will be enough to win in the SEC. Only time will tell. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on that though from this season without a Spring to install and perfect the system with repetition which is what Leach depends on.

HoopsDawg
10-17-2020, 01:50 PM
We don't have fans we have family. Its just the family can be dysfunctional at times. I agree though that it is not believable that Leach would come to the SEC just to mail it in. Now, as some have said, Leach has never been a workaholic micromanager who is in love with recruiting. He will do things as he has done for nearly 20 years in the Big 12 and Pac 12. Only question is whether the level of involvement and effort Leach has always given will be enough to win in the SEC. Only time will tell. I don't think you can draw any conclusions on that though from this season without a Spring to install and perfect the system with repetition which is what Leach depends on.

Good post and good question. Time will tell. I think it can work but he better have a really strong staff and continuity.

maroonmania
10-17-2020, 01:54 PM
Good post and good question. Time will tell. I think it can work but he better have a really strong staff and continuity.

He does definitely seem to have a loyal staff. Didn't he basically bring every position coach he had from WSU?

Bdawg
10-17-2020, 02:10 PM
Good. I'm sick of these players and their shitty attitudes. It will suck to lose but at least we'll be losing with players busting their ass. I'm just going to hunker down the next two years like I did Cohen's first two as baseball coach.

Totally agree. Play the ones who bust there butt.
Sorry. No rep. I must spread some more around.