PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what has happened to

Maverick91
10-16-2020, 09:17 AM
Kareen Walker - dude was the number 4 running back in his class of '16. does this dude just not care to play?
Lee Witherspoon - isn't this the guy that broke like every rushing record in high school for the state of Alabama? Played well last year. is he just not picking things up?
Janari Dean - I was really excited about him. Is he injured?

Lance Harbor
10-16-2020, 09:18 AM
Yes. These questions.

RiverCityDawg
10-16-2020, 09:22 AM
Kareen Walker - dude was the number 4 running back in his class of '16. does this dude just not care to play?
Lee Witherspoon - isn't this the guy that broke like every rushing record in high school for the state of Alabama? Played well last year. is he just not picking things up?

Kareem Walker is the 5th string running back and not very good.

Witherspoon is the 4th running back so just behind the others.

Dean is injured and out for the year. Wasn't going to be in the two deep this year anyway.

Ari Gold
10-16-2020, 09:22 AM

Walker was never going to contribute
Witherspoon is not a good fit for this system .. I wish we would move him to Defense
And Dean from I understand had season ending surgery .. he will be a very nice player

Homedawg
10-16-2020, 09:37 AM

Walker wasn't any good when we signed him and nothing has changed. Dean is hurt and out.

ZedFedder
10-16-2020, 09:41 AM
The Walker signing was perplexing.

StarkVegasSteve
10-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Walker was one some were raving about during camp due to his maturity and they said he had worked his way into being a situational back. With the rumblings around Kylin we might see him this week.

Maverick91
10-16-2020, 10:43 AM
All very interesting. I hate seeing highly rated talent go to waste, whether that be the coaches fault or the player not putting the work in, to make the most of their talent.

The idea that Dean wouldn't have been on the two deep is pretty nice to think about when you think about our depth. Hope he is just soaking in the defensive playbook.

I am assuming that Witherspoon is just more of a ground and pound type back then, with no real ability to swing in the flats as much as this offense desires. He would turn into a LB on the defensive side?

Johnson85
10-16-2020, 01:26 PM
Walker was never going to contribute
Witherspoon is not a good fit for this system .. I wish we would move him to Defense
And Dean from I understand had season ending surgery .. he will be a very nice player

Witherspoon is a small, fast guy, correct? I would have thought he'd be a pretty good fit if he can catch (no clue if he can). I just assumed Marks and Johnson (both rated much higher than him out of high school I believe) had out talented him.

Johnson85
10-16-2020, 01:29 PM

I think he was just badly misrated out of high school. Left Michigan to go to JUCO and was underwhelming there. Not sure he had another significant offer besides us, and I'm guessing we wouldn't have signed him if we weren't in a crunch. And then he got to campus late enough that Witherspoon passed him as a true freshman.

Walkerhill
10-16-2020, 02:14 PM
Witherspoon is a small, fast guy, correct? I would have thought he'd be a pretty good fit if he can catch (no clue if he can). I just assumed Marks and Johnson (both rated much higher than him out of high school I believe) had out talented him.

I thought that was a head scratcher also. Decent hands and really good in space. I would have thought this offense would mask his smaller size and he could be an interesting flex player between inside receiver and back.

Maverick91
10-16-2020, 02:32 PM
Hmmm. that Makes sense.

Doggie_Style
10-16-2020, 03:23 PM

Basically he sux and has since he stepped foot on campus like 20 years ago.....I hear he's applying for social security at the end of the season*** Another coup by the notorious Moorhead