PDA

View Full Version : What About Mayden?

confucius say
10-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Would it not make sense to give him a series?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Nope

KOdawg1
10-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Can't hit the broad side of a barn

Hambone
10-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Nothing against him, but I’m really surprised he’s stuck around.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 07:39 PM
He has one of the best arms on campus. Just not there mentally yet to know where to go with it. He is a better passer than GS

confucius say
10-12-2020, 08:56 PM
He has one of the best arms on campus. Just not there mentally yet to know where to go with it. He is a better passer than GS

Regarding the second sentence, Neither is kj. That is obvious. We haven't scored in our last 20 possessions on offense, and have turned it over on 8 of those 20. Can Mayden do any worse?

Quaoarsking
10-12-2020, 08:58 PM
How good of a runner is Mayden relative to Shrader?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 09:04 PM
How good of a runner is Mayden relative to Shrader?

Not comparable

terradawg
10-12-2020, 09:20 PM
I still think Garrett would provide a spark to start a fire

Homedawg
10-12-2020, 09:23 PM
Would it not make sense to give him a series?

No. Same reason there isn't one for gs. Just not the guy for this offense.

Homedawg
10-12-2020, 09:27 PM
Regarding the second sentence, Neither is kj. That is obvious. We haven't scored in our last 20 possessions on offense, and have turned it over on 8 of those 20. Can Mayden do any worse?

Not worse than sat. But can't help us win either. He's not the answer.

confucius say
10-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Not worse than sat. But can't help us win either. He's not the answer.

Prob not. But obviously kJ is not. And obviously practice is Not an accurate gauge. Mayden May suck, but he can't be any worse than kJ has been the last 8 quarters.

bulldawg28
10-13-2020, 03:29 AM
Prob not. But obviously kJ is not. And obviously practice is Not an accurate gauge. Mayden May suck, but he can't be any worse than kJ has been the last 8 quarters.

True

NWADAWG
10-13-2020, 02:18 PM

Mathematically speaking, there would be 12 additional opportunities to turn the ball over. Also, the opponent only scored on some of those turnovers.**

And they said I wouldn't use all of that math I had to take at State......

Bothrops
10-13-2020, 06:06 PM
I still think Garrett would provide a spark to start a fire

We could win with Shrader, but would have to abandon Leach's scheme completely.

R2Dawg
10-13-2020, 07:11 PM
No. Same reason there isn't one for gs. Just not the guy for this offense.

Well it ain't KJ, if it ain't GS then you have to play Will for the future. I think GS can throw good enough to complete 5 yard passes at a high rate and run to keep them honest. So the D adjusts. GS can throw the 15yard pass and he can heave one deep every once in a while just to keep them honest. We can't stand too many more weeks like the last two. The bleeding has to stop.

You work summers and spring to iron out the wrinkles. Yes I know we didn't get it, neither did Olemiss. They sure clicking good. I just want above terrible. I just want watchable.

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 07:27 PM

As far as practice Rogers being sick put us in a rock and a hard place. If you're Leach do you go with the guy that had one really good game and then one bad game or the guy with zero experience who may not be 100% over his illness? I wouldn't have started Rogers last week and Leach didn't. I don't blame him.

Now maybe if Rogers had played against Arkansas you maybe consider opening up competition then for Kentucky and who knows how that turns out? And then you have rumors of Costello being hurt on top of it all.

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 07:29 PM
Well it ain't KJ, if it ain't GS then you have to play Will for the future. I think GS can throw good enough to complete 5 yard passes at a high rate and run to keep them honest. So the D adjusts. GS can throw the 15yard pass and he can heave one deep every once in a while just to keep them honest. We can't stand too many more weeks like the last two. The bleeding has to stop.

You work summers and spring to iron out the wrinkles. Yes I know we didn't get it, neither did Olemiss. They sure clicking good. I just want above terrible. I just want watchable.

Logically Will will start against A&M. At least that is the rumor. I don't see how he won't start Saturday anyway. It's like others have said- we eliminate turnovers and we're 3-0 right now.

Jack Lambert
10-14-2020, 09:57 AM
I know this all makes good message board discussing but these coaches have been running this offense a long time. They will figure it out.

StarkVegasSteve
10-14-2020, 10:54 AM
Mayden is just like Nick or KT. They were/would've been amazing in Mullen's system but once he left their opportunities mostly dried up. Now don't get me wrong, Mayden can absolutely sling it, but his accuracy is on par with Chris Relf pre Mullen.

bulldawg28
10-14-2020, 11:18 AM
Mayden is just like Nick or KT. They were/would've been amazing in Mullen's system but once he left their opportunities mostly dried up. Now don't get me wrong, Mayden can absolutely sling it, but his accuracy is on par with Chris Relf pre Mullen.

No way his accuracy is that way. Mayden had a ton of yards passing in High school playing in Tx. According to Mullen Relf didn't understand how to even hold the football. That's a terrible comparison.

confucius say
10-14-2020, 11:41 AM
No way his accuracy is that way. Mayden had a ton of yards passing in High school playing in Tx. According to Mullen Relf didn't understand how to even hold the football. That's a terrible comparison.

Agree. Way off