I'm onboard if Rogers is the starter.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Rogers?
Accountability has returned

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 06:07 PM
It is the dawning of a new day at the football building

Ya damn right and he's going to win. He has to win or his legacy as a coach will be the brunt of jokes

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Ya damn right and he's going to win. He has to win or his legacy as a coach will be the brunt of jokes

We may not win another game, I?m not saying anything about wins, but the kids who are playing will be playing for Mississippi State, not for themselves

Todd4State
10-12-2020, 06:10 PM
We may not win another game, I?m not saying anything about wins, but the kids who are playing will be playing for Mississippi State, not for themselves

Good! I'm tired of the entitlement.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 06:18 PM
LFG!! This has me pumped up again.

Let Rogers do his thing the rest of the way, learn through these next games, and he and the team will be so much better for it next season.

Heck, play Rogers, Walley, Tulu, Marks, and Johnson a ton going forward and they’ll be ready to roll next season with those added game reps. I think Shavers shouldn’t leave the field unless he’s hurt or worn out. He needs to be a go-to next season.

RocketDawg
10-12-2020, 06:20 PM
What happened?

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 06:20 PM

That's the way it has to be. I saw to much halfway effort the last 2 years. I don't care how big a stud you're supposed to be if you ain't gonna ball out find somewhere else to be. I just want to see our players play with effort and competency and same goes for the coaches .

MafiaDawg
10-12-2020, 06:28 PM
Someone spill the beans

parabrave
10-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Tom Herman going through some problems at UT. They suck and the players are more interested in doing away with the eyes of Texas than playing.

KOdawg1
10-12-2020, 06:29 PM
What happened?

Seems to me like Will Rogers is going to be our starting QB. Bucky is pretty informed/biased with those Brandon folk lol.

I'm for it because I've heard from a few students and a player who has said Will puts the work in. Idk if it'll result in a better offense just yet, but it can't hurt to try.

msugolf
10-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Time to bet the house on A&M

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Seems to me like Will Rogers is going to be our starting QB. Bucky is pretty informed/biased with those Brandon folk lol.

I'm for it because I've heard from a few students and a player who has said Will puts the work in. Idk if it'll result in a better offense just yet, but it can't hurt to try.

Biased??

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:34 PM
And to answer some questions, Tulu has a hamstring and Dean had surgery and is done till spring

RocketDawg
10-12-2020, 06:35 PM

I thought he looked pretty good Saturday night in his limited play time. He has a little snap on the ball.

ZedFedder
10-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Bucky, does this just have to do with QB or wholesale changes? Either way I’m for it. Leach has won too long for him not to be a good coach.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Bucky, does this just have to do with QB or wholesale changes? Either way I’m for it. Leach has won too long for him not to be a good coach.

Accountability and personal responsibility

KOdawg1
10-12-2020, 06:49 PM
I thought he looked pretty good Saturday night in his limited play time. He has a little snap on the ball.

His release is quicker for sure. I think something is wrong with Costello. He's always had a slow release, but the ball just looks awkward coming out of his hand. He has a good arm bc he showed it at Stanford, but it's been MIA the last two weeks.

Coach34
10-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Someone spill the beans

Some veterans were told to get on board or gtfo. We dont care which. The door is unlocked.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 06:51 PM
I feel bad for the guys chasing these kids on twitter. Going to be less to see.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Costello is aiming the ball. He's gun shy now and he's hesitant and aiming. I've seen it in young pitchers for years. They walk a few and then they start aiming the ball and they lose velo and command. It's in Costellos head now.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Some veterans were told to get on board or gtfo. We dont care which. The door is unlocked.

I'm good with that.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 06:54 PM

I love this so much.....

defiantdog
10-12-2020, 06:56 PM
We have veterans on this team?

ZedFedder
Good. Guys... We aren’t far away from turning this thing around this year. We have the defense to do it.

Coach34
I'm good with that.

absolutely. Thats the way its got to be.

Todd4State
I'm guessing what happened is the malcontents in defense are at Florida State and we're about to get rid of the ones on offense.

Coach34
10-12-2020, 06:57 PM
We have veterans on this team?

Most people consider Jr's and Sr's veterans

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 07:01 PM
absolutely. Thats the way its got to be.

No question, I'm glad to see a head coach calling for accountability.

ZedFedder
10-12-2020, 07:07 PM
I am not saying Kylin is among those being talked about (though, it would not surprise me), but when he tweeted that no coach had understood him like Joe when Moorhead got fired, to me that meant nobody let me get away with what you let me get away with. I think that was the case for a lot. It is hard to get rid of what a previous coach does. That's why you see bad coaches (Larry Coker at The U, Kevin Ollie at UConn in bball) win in their first year after great coaches leave. That is also why you see really good coaches struggle in their first years when they follow a bad coach (Leach here possibly). It takes time to establish a culture and to eliminate the culture that came before you, good or bad. I have faith we will get this thing turned around.

parabrave
10-12-2020, 07:08 PM
His release is quicker for sure. I think something is wrong with Costello. He's always had a slow release, but the ball just looks awkward coming out of his hand. He has a good arm bc he showed it at Stanford, but it's been MIA the last two weeks.

Matt was saying during the game that it looked like he injured his hand because he didn't have any zip on his throws. But that still doesn't excuse his shitty decision making and staring down his target.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 07:11 PM
I am not saying Kylin is among those being talked about (though, it would not surprise me), but when he tweeted that no coach had understood him like Joe when Moorhead got fired, to me that meant nobody let me get away with what you let me get away with. I think that was the case for a lot. It is hard to get rid of what a previous coach does. That's why you see bad coaches (Larry Coker at The U, Kevin Ollie at UConn in bball) win in their first year after great coaches leave. That is also why you see really good coaches struggle in their first years when they follow a bad coach (Leach here possibly). It takes time to establish a culture and to eliminate the culture that came before you, good or bad. I have faith we will get this thing turned around.

The program started downhill IMO when Joe started Kylin over Aeris.

Aeris stood for everything that was right about MSU football and got the dirty yards. The moment Joe valued ceiling over what Aeris did, we lost a lot of what made us good.

TNDawg35
10-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Let’s just say we had a Moose show up on the practice field and is behind 2 now*** also, KJ wasn’t the only one... May be a lot of MARKS on the field after the A&M game...

Some kids showed their true colors today and the pirate said GTFO...

DownwardDawg
10-12-2020, 07:17 PM

Aeris stood for everything that was right about MSU football and got the dirty yards. The moment Joe valued ceiling over what Aeris did, we lost a lot of what made us good.

Fact!!!! Aeris defines what we like at RB at Mississippi State.

KOdawg1
10-12-2020, 07:19 PM

Yeah, Aeris should've started over Kylin. Kylin had more big play ability, but if you needed 4 yards, you could just hand it to Aeris and he'd get it for you. Kylin dances too much.

Coach34
10-12-2020, 07:21 PM

Best post you have ever made. And yes- Hill is 100% one of the guys that was told get on board or gtfo. I'll be surprised if he plays this week.

ZedFedder
10-12-2020, 07:22 PM
Some of these guys, outside of their freshman year with Mullen, have never been told no or told to shut up. Well, now its here. You better be about it or you won't be here long. Marks and Dillon Johnson are pretty talented as it is anyway.

Mobile Bay
10-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Source or GTFO.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 07:24 PM
Best post you have ever made. And yes- Hill is 100% one of the guys that was told get on board or gtfo. I'll be surprised if he plays this week.

Let’s ride Marks, Johnson, and Witherspoon then.

IGAF how good you are, if all you’re worried about is your damn self and you’ve got the “Twitter fingers” syndrome dying for attention, then see ya. Play for the damn logo on your jersey & your brothers or GTFO.

I couldn’t be happier that Leach is doing this. Fixing that s**t culture Joe helped implement.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Yeah, Aeris should've started over Kylin. Kylin had more big play ability, but if you needed 4 yards, you could just hand it to Aeris and he'd get it for you. Kylin dances too much.

Teams wouldn't be in a 3-8 right now with Aeris.

He'd 6 yard them to death

We really miss having a RB with great vision like Aeris and Ballard

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 07:27 PM

I'm good for 1 every 37K. Just bear with me.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 07:28 PM

Well said my man!

R2Dawg
10-12-2020, 07:30 PM

Aeris was True Maroon. He never should have been benched. Joe sent a message - the wrong one.

Coach34
10-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Source or GTFO.

Ron Polk texted me what happened this afternoon and then FaceTimed me to verify. He then sent me a Snapchat from the Bryan Building. His Snapchat is BigBatDawg1

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 07:32 PM
Aeris was True Maroon. He never should have been benched. Joe sent a message - the wrong one.

I don't think the players trusted him after that.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 07:34 PM
I don't think the players trusted him after that.

It started the train off the tracks for sure and it only got worse!

R2Dawg
10-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Teams wouldn't be in a 3-8 right now with Aeris.

He'd 6 yard them to death

We really miss having a RB with great vision like Aeris and Ballard

With you here, give me some Vic Ballard. Hardest running dude I ever saw and when he smelled endzone, it was over.

I really like how the Johnson kid runs. He doesn't look like a freshman. Marks got a nice burst too.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 07:37 PM
And all this about Leach being late for a meeting was all BS. Some of them are entitled and others are more worried about draft stock than MSU.

Jack Lambert
10-12-2020, 07:39 PM

I just think coming back from a major injury is harder mentally than physically. Plus he has a lot of mistakes that is also playing with his head.

Doggie_Style
10-12-2020, 07:42 PM

They should have added that Moorhead is no longer the coach .....that mofo got this sh$& started

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 07:45 PM
We're going to need a RB in this class.

BankerDog
10-12-2020, 07:45 PM
And all this about Leach being late for a meeting was all BS. Some of them are entitled and others are more worried about draft stock than MSU.

That all started last year. Especially one certain DB who started last night on MNF. What Joe did, and I was supporter until the Tennessee game, is absolutely disgusting. The ONLY reason we had a good year in ?18 was because of strong leaders in Abram, Green, Simmons, Sweat, Hoyett, Thomas, some of the OL, and Nick. I can?t stand Nick, but I have to give him credit he was a fighter.

Kylin continues to be about himself. Let me tell you this, he was never serious about not playing ball this year in regards to flag; he never thought it would get to what it did. Additionally, he was told by multiple scouts to return to school because he was a practice squad player in the NFL and to stay off Twitter. When NFL alums are also telling you to stay off Twitter and you continue not to, you?ll wind up not fulfilling your dream.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 07:47 PM

We’ve already got the Starkville kid right?

We expecting another RB to leave or you just don’t like the Starkville kid?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 07:48 PM
We’ve already got the Starkville kid right?

We expecting another RB to leave or you just don’t like the Starkville kid?

I expect one to leave.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 07:49 PM

Howard from Starkville unless there is something I don?t know

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2020, 07:51 PM

Need to get the White kid from Dothan

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 07:51 PM
I expect one to leave.

I’m assuming that’s Witherspoon then.

Maybe Borghi from WSU could enter the portal..... one could wish.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 07:52 PM
I expect one to leave.

I?m assuming that?s Witherspoon then.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 07:53 PM
I’m assuming that’s Witherspoon then.

I wasn't even considering him but that's likely too.

shoeless joe
10-12-2020, 07:54 PM

Aeris did put himself in a bad light to start the Moorhead era. The problem is that he’s THE ONE player that Jomo decided to make an example of. He punished aeris, when his teammates knew what he was about, while letting others slide.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Witherspoon leaving is likely or Borghi entering the portal?

Doggie_Style
10-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Witherspoon?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 08:01 PM
I learned my first two years I coached, the kids that want to win and want to be good, always want discipline and some structure. That's the kind of attention they seek.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 08:06 PM
I learned my first two years I coached, the kids that want to win and want to be good, always want discipline and some structure. That's the kind of attention they seek.

Bingo!!! Winners always want structure, disciplined and to be pushed! I never wanted to play for a coach who wanted to be my buddy. Give me a hardcore coach every time!

Bdawg
10-12-2020, 08:13 PM

I just got hard. We have been missing this so badly.

Bothrops
10-12-2020, 08:15 PM
I hope we practice with Rogers using 10 players in coverage while rushing 3

TNDawg35
10-12-2020, 08:17 PM

If we did this, we would have to find another QB cause Rogers would be a deadman the way our OLine is blocking against 3...

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 08:22 PM

We see drop 8 all the time from our defense

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 08:24 PM
If we did this, we would have to find another QB cause Rogers would be a deadman the way our OLine is blocking against 3...

Funny you mention OL. At least one of those had that coming to Jesus moment too.

Bdawg
10-12-2020, 08:31 PM

Oh really. Cooter, you ready to walk back what you said about the coaches or were there still some problems with them?

MetEdDawg
10-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Funny you mention OL. At least one of those had that coming to Jesus moment too.

Big Kwat??

Got replaced and I haven't liked his body language. He's getting whipped pretty consistently. That's just a guess on my part though.

Medic601
10-12-2020, 08:50 PM
What is going on with Walker? I might be out of the loop but why haven’t we seen him in the backfield this season yet?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Oh really. Cooter, you ready to walk back what you said about the coaches or were there still some problems with them?

Nope. Got mine from players. But I do believe it was blown out of proportion.

Mobile Bay
10-12-2020, 09:12 PM
Ron Polk texted me what happened this afternoon and then FaceTimed me to verify. He then sent me a Snapchat from the Bryan Building. His Snapchat is BigBatDawg1

So you have no clue.

K thanx by

Todd4State
10-12-2020, 09:19 PM
We see drop 8 all the time from our defense

How do you attack it with your offense?

dawgday166
10-12-2020, 09:23 PM

You doing pretty decent lately. Somebody hijack your username?? ****

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 09:24 PM
How do you attack it with your offense?
It starts by not throwing it to the other team. If you can protect long enough the defense will expand and you will get some longer throws open. You have to hit your back but we have to hit him quicker and also set him up with screens. Not slow screens I?m talking about swing routes and motioning to empty and getting it to him quick. More variety in the run game will help. Fold blocking on zone and a simple wrap or trap would help. If the QB is unsure in this offense it is in trouble. He has to be more intelligent than he is talented

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 09:30 PM
It starts by not throwing it to the other team. If you can protect long enough the defense will expand and you will get some longer throws open. You have to hit your back but we have to hit him quicker and also set him up with screens. Not slow screens I?m talking about swing routes and motioning to empty and getting it to him quick. More variety in the run game will help. Fold blocking on zone and a simple wrap or trap would help. If the QB is unsure in this offense it is in trouble. He has to be more intelligent than he is talented

Yep this is exactly how leach has been able to succeed with qbs who haven't had the big arm "talent". Its intelligence and decisiveness that makes this offense go.

Captain Falcon
10-12-2020, 09:30 PM
What is going on with Walker? I might be out of the loop but why haven?t we seen him in the backfield this season yet?

He was a major reach of an offer by Moorhead just to add another warm body to the RB room and see if maybe he could show some of his recruiting hype from high school. He is not going to be a contributor here and is not an SEC quality back at this stage of his career.

Homedawg
10-12-2020, 09:35 PM
He was a major reach of an offer by Moorhead just to add another warm body to the RB room and see if maybe he could show some of his recruiting hype from high school. He is not going to be a contributor here and is not an SEC quality back at this stage of his career.
He and Love are the same boat.

dawgday166
10-12-2020, 09:37 PM

Leach gives his QBs a ton of responsibility to check at the line into the right play. I'm sure it will take some time to get a good handle on that by the QBs.

But with KJ ... I think he still looks gun shy from his injury and afraid to get hit. Plus, he a straight pocket passer from what I can tell so far. He ain't a great thrower when even sliding up or moving in the pocket at all ... at least it don't look to me like he is. Rogers looks like he can do that and throw on run too ... just from the glimpse I saw the other night.

Bothrops
10-12-2020, 09:42 PM

That is so weird because that guy could run well for his size in high school.

Bothrops
10-12-2020, 09:47 PM

What does this mean? We already know Hill and Walker are gone. Does it mean one of our returning contributors is leaving as well, or does it mean we are losing more than one returning RB?

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 09:49 PM
What does this mean? We already know Hill and Walker are gone. Does it mean one of our returning contributors is leaving as well, or does it mean we are losing more than one returning RB?

Rumor is we may be losing another after season.

maroonmania
10-12-2020, 10:05 PM
Leach gives his QBs a ton of responsibility to check at the line into the right play. I'm sure it will take some time to get a good handle on that by the QBs.

But with KJ ... I think he still looks gun shy from his injury and afraid to get hit. Plus, he a straight pocket passer from what I can tell so far. He ain't a great thrower when even sliding up or moving in the pocket at all ... at least it don't look to me like he is. Rogers looks like he can do that and throw on run too ... just from the glimpse I saw the other night.

I actually think KJ has some issue with his arm. I don't know if it's 'dead arm' from throwing so many passes or something else but when he started passing against KY there was absolutely no zip on the ball. It was coming out of his hand almost like throwing a shot put. Balls just floating up in the air to the WR. Mechanically he doesn't even look like the same passer he was in week 1.

Extendedcab
10-12-2020, 10:07 PM

That is a good one Shotgun! LOL

dawgday166
10-12-2020, 10:09 PM
I actually think KJ has some issue with his arm. I don't know if it's 'dead arm' from throwing so many passes or something else but when he started passing against KY there was absolutely no zip on the ball. It was coming out of his hand almost like throwing a shot put. Balls just floating up in the air to the WR. Mechanically he doesn't even look like the same passer he was in week 1.

Could be. He's thrown off his back foot a lot this year too tho. Did it against LSU too but WRs had separation from their man. In zone it's killing him.

HaggardDawg
10-12-2020, 10:27 PM

This is some truth right here. That was one of the biggest dick jobs in coaching I've ever seen. AW did not deserve that shit. Pin the blame on that asshole Charles Huff who didn't give a damn about the players here because this job was always a one year stop for him.

HaggardDawg
10-12-2020, 10:48 PM
That all started last year. Especially one certain DB who started last night on MNF. What Joe did, and I was supporter until the Tennessee game, is absolutely disgusting. The ONLY reason we had a good year in ?18 was because of strong leaders in Abram, Green, Simmons, Sweat, Hoyett, Thomas, some of the OL, and Nick. I can?t stand Nick, but I have to give him credit he was a fighter.

Kylin continues to be about himself. Let me tell you this, he was never serious about not playing ball this year in regards to flag; he never thought it would get to what it did. Additionally, he was told by multiple scouts to return to school because he was a practice squad player in the NFL and to stay off Twitter. When NFL alums are also telling you to stay off Twitter and you continue not to, you?ll wind up not fulfilling your dream.

Kylin was told by a NFL person that teams keep files of social media posts on prospects.

TNDawg35
10-12-2020, 11:37 PM
Kylin was told by a NFL person that teams keep files of social media posts on prospects.

Damn... KH is prolly about the size of a Harry Potter book then...

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 02:10 AM
Damn... KH is prolly about the size of a Harry Potter book then...

Have some rep.

msbulldog
10-13-2020, 06:05 AM
I feel bad for the guys chasing these kids on twitter. Going to be less to see.

I don't, doesn't seem very mature.

shrimp
10-13-2020, 08:08 AM
Costello is aiming the ball. He's gun shy now and he's hesitant and aiming. I've seen it in young pitchers for years. They walk a few and then they start aiming the ball and they lose velo and command. It's in Costellos head now.

The Yips.

HailStateSZN19
10-13-2020, 08:17 AM
I really do hope Will gets the nod Saturday. If we're going to suck this year and have guys learning through game reps, I'd rather suck and let the ones that will be here next year be the ones that are playing and learning. We'd be so much better for it next year.

It's gonna be really hard to watch the game Saturday if #3 runs out there on the field the first series of the game. I'll watch & support KJ because he's wearing Maroon but dammit I'll just be holding my breath the entire time he's at QB.

Johnson85
10-13-2020, 08:23 AM

So we're going to lose one of Marks and Johnson as well as Witherspoon?

Damn. I would have thought Marks and Johnson would be happy to be the clear 1 & 2 starting next year (or earlier if Hill decides to opt out). I haven't really paid close enough attention to compare them, but Johnson has stood out more to me and looked better while he was running, so I guess I could see Marks not liking that if he came in thinking he was going to be the clear #1 in his class. But both have looked promising. Of course I thought Witherspoon was going to be a really good back for this offense also.

Johnson85
10-13-2020, 08:23 AM
He and Love are the same boat.

Did not realize that about Love. Didn't he get good playing time at Louisville as a freshman? I know that's not the SEC, but I would have thought he'd be solid if he got playing time as a freshman.

SilentSteel16
10-13-2020, 08:32 AM
I was under the impression that Marks was actually really tight with Rogers personally. I would hate to see Marks or Johnson leave. Johnson had to have put on 20 LBs of muscle since HS. He looks the part of all SEC RB. I believe Marks will be as well.

I agree with what y?all are saying in here, this is a ?free year? go ahead and get your younger guys all the reps possible so they can rock it next year.

Just my opinion, but it won?t hurt my eyes to not see Heath or Hill back on that field. I think Hill is more worried about other things than football this year. He just seems to be tapping out a lot more than usual.

Also y?all are spot on about Aeris Williams he was great and was the definition of MS State RB football. Did he get a shot anywhere?

Ari Gold
10-13-2020, 08:32 AM

KJ wasnt 100% before LSU and its not getting better.. It sucks for the kid , came here to build his resume for the league and to help us win football games..
Wouldnt shock me if he is shut down sooner than later..

HailStateSZN19
10-13-2020, 08:38 AM
KJ wasnt 100% before LSU and its not getting better.. It sucks for the kid , came here to build his resume for the league and to help us win football games..

Damn....hate to hear that. That's tough for someone who thought he'd never play again, finds Leach and a new opportunity, shreds the first defense he plays against, but just has some injuries that have lingered and are getting worse.

It makes sense and makes the last 2 weeks a little clearer because he's looked like a completely different dude. ZERO velocity on his ball, scared to get hit (watching Stanford highlights, he took off and ran a few times and took some shots), floating/guiding the ball, etc.

If that's true, it's a disservice to him and the team to keep trying to run him out there. Go to Will, take the lumps, let him learn the rest of the year, and let's be ready to roll next season.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2020, 08:39 AM

Yeah, that does suck.

I know the two have nothing to do with each other, but having back to back transfer QB's come in and fizzle out in rather quick and spectacular fashion, doesn't look great. Obviously I know the circumstances are drastically different, but especially with KJ being such a coveted transfer, it sucks for our perception (and obviously for him) that it didn't work out.

FISHDAWG
10-13-2020, 08:54 AM

I'm on board with that train of thought but I also think this is a bigger problem than just players or talent

Cooterpoot
10-13-2020, 09:00 AM
I was under the impression that Marks was actually really tight with Rogers personally. I would hate to see Marks or Johnson leave. Johnson had to have put on 20 LBs of muscle since HS. He looks the part of all SEC RB. I believe Marks will be as well.

I agree with what y?all are saying in here, this is a ?free year? go ahead and get your younger guys all the reps possible so they can rock it next year.

Just my opinion, but it won?t hurt my eyes to not see Heath or Hill back on that field. I think Hill is more worried about other things than football this year. He just seems to be tapping out a lot more than usual.

Also y?all are spot on about Aeris Williams he was great and was the definition of MS State RB football. Did he get a shot anywhere?

It's all frustration talk right now. That's why I said rumor. But it's been said. And I could see Witherspoon moving to defense if there's room. He was a good defensive player in HS. Other schools recruited him for defense.

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 09:01 AM

I'd add Osiris to your list of malcontents.

DeltaChicagoDog
10-13-2020, 09:58 AM

Lingering issue or one developed after getting to Starkville? If the former, our coaches may need to rethink the process for transferring in likely starters who've been sidelined due to injury. More thorough medical work-up, maybe counseling so the mental aspect of injuries can be worked through better and less chance of taking on a life of their own inside the player's head.

HancockCountyDog
10-13-2020, 10:34 AM
My only problem with all this "new sheriff in town" is that its October.

He was hired in January.

trob115
10-13-2020, 10:37 AM
KJ is still dealing with a bum shoulder. He should've had surgery this past fall, but elected to try to rehab/pt it.
NFL team doctors were going to note that he needed surgery on his shoulder (after physicals). It was a full year of rehab and KJ didn't want to risk missing an entire year. What you are seeing is that his shoulder is experiencing fatigue/dead arm syndrome.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2020, 10:38 AM

He was hired in January.

And then Covid hit in March. No spring or summer really.

HancockCountyDog
10-13-2020, 10:52 AM

They had summer workouts - we had workouts, plenty of time to set a tone. Hell all i heard all summer was "Leach Beach" and how things were rougher than ever. Was that all BS?

All the talk after the LSU win was how his new discipline had really taken hold. Was that just BS and now he is really taking control, or is it BS now and just spin for his failures in addressing the 3-8.

PCHSDawg
10-13-2020, 11:43 AM
Maybe a little difference between physical conditioning and mental conditioning. Just because a player is strong in the legs doesn't mean he is between the ears.

Cooterpoot
10-13-2020, 12:04 PM
They had summer workouts - we had workouts, plenty of time to set a tone. Hell all i heard all summer was "Leach Beach" and how things were rougher than ever. Was that all BS?

All the talk after the LSU win was how his new discipline had really taken hold. Was that just BS and now he is really taking control, or is it BS now and just spin for his failures in addressing the 3-8.

And we're in shape. What's your point? We didn't have practice til later. You can't sort some things out til you see it all. Get into the season, and some kids puss out on you when things don't go their way. It's all good til the easy part is over.

RezDog7
10-13-2020, 12:13 PM

No inside knowledge but maybe some kids are workout warriors and look good in the gym, but things change when they get popped on the field.

Johnson85
10-13-2020, 12:15 PM

I'm guessing it's just a matter of the cracks don't show until there is a little adversity.

msbulldog
10-13-2020, 12:26 PM
They were a damn sight better shape than the LSU players, it was evident in the 4th quarter.

RiverCityDawg
10-13-2020, 12:37 PM

You're addressing a lot of things that aren't mutually exclusive. Guys can still ride the fence despite going through hard workouts. Discipline can still be good, yet not 100% are buying in 9 months in. Most guys can buy in and you can still have a couple malcontents. You can fail to defeat the 3-8 because of execution and still have malcontents. You can have malcontents and your scheme have a problem with the 3-8.

The primary message from Leach is they have to coach better and execute better. Also there are malcontents so we need to make sure we are playing the right guys. All those things can be true without it being confusing, spin or BS.

maroonmania
10-13-2020, 01:22 PM

Yea, until Fall camp started, I would venture to say Leach spent way more time in Key West than Starkville since getting hired in January.

Captain Falcon
10-13-2020, 01:25 PM
Yea, until Fall camp started, I would venture to say Leach spent way more time in Key West than Starkville since getting hired in January.

Considering he wasn't allowed to be around players until close to the start of fall camp I'm not sure that matters just a ton.

NWADAWG
10-13-2020, 01:27 PM
Yeah, that does suck.

I know the two have nothing to do with each other, but having back to back transfer QB's come in and fizzle out in rather quick and spectacular fashion, doesn't look great. Obviously I know the circumstances are drastically different, but especially with KJ being such a coveted transfer, it sucks for our perception (and obviously for him) that it didn't work out.

KJ has made several comments about how intense, in terms of physical contact, our practices are. I know that contact teaches your body to be able to take contact. So, is it just hard to come from a conference / background where there is less contact to a place where there is more and more intense contact without being injured. Is this just an issue with it taking their bodies longer to adjust and causing higher rate of injury. These guys are athletes and have at least taken some hits in their past so I used to think they would adjust fairly easily. I don't really think so any more.

Dak and Fitz grew up being hit like running backs and it they took a ton of hits in college without too much injury from contact (dirty ankle twist does not count).

StateDawg44
10-13-2020, 01:30 PM
Considering he wasn't allowed to be around players until close to the start of fall camp I'm not sure that matters just a ton.

I don't think he is blaming Leach for anything.

Captain Falcon
10-13-2020, 01:31 PM
Another thing I'll add about attitudes is that you really see what your team is made of when they are struggling. Most people are on the same page when you're excited about the season starting and as long as you're winning, but when you lose a few games that's when you start to see a divide sometimes. The pouting starts and certain guys are mad that they aren't getting more opportunities on a team that's having a tough time.

That's one area where I will give Mullen a lot of credit, our players under his tenure always seemed to be pretty steady no matter how things were going. Obviously the culture of the program took a dip under Moorhead, and Leach is still trying to fix that it would seem.

RocketDawg
10-13-2020, 01:35 PM

He may have been trying to stay Covid-isolated, and he has a nice place down there. Plus, there wasn't much he could have done in Starkville.

Anybody know if Leach has bought a house in the Starkville area?

Irondawg
10-13-2020, 01:39 PM
I hate it for KJ as putting the pieces together he knows his body is failing him and that messes with your head. I know the defense was different but the body language and throws have indeed just looked different the past two weeks.

Much like Tommy we've been unlucky to have two talented QB's look good game 1 and then succumb to injuries by the 2nd-3rd game and not able to effectively play through them.

RocketDawg
10-13-2020, 01:41 PM

If he is injured, and it certainly looks like he is, it's not in his or the team's best interest to keep playing him. He could suffer further injury. Maybe sitting out a couple of games will give him time to get better. Hope so.

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2020, 01:43 PM
You're addressing a lot of things that aren't mutually exclusive. Guys can still ride the fence despite going through hard workouts. Discipline can still be good, yet not 100% are buying in 9 months in. Most guys can buy in and you can still have a couple malcontents. You can fail to defeat the 3-8 because of execution and still have malcontents. You can have malcontents and your scheme have a problem with the 3-8.

The primary message from Leach is they have to coach better and execute better. Also there are malcontents so we need to make sure we are playing the right guys. All those things can be true without it being confusing, spin or BS.

You can have malcontents at any point - you could be 7-0 and ranked #1, and have a player be so self centered that they tank the rest of the season because the coach wouldn't put them in late in to get 2 extra yards so they could say they ran for 200 once.

RocketDawg
10-13-2020, 01:48 PM
You can have malcontents at any point - you could be 7-0 and ranked #1, and have a player be so self centered that they tank the rest of the season because the coach wouldn't put them in late in to get 2 extra yards so they could say they ran for 200 once.

Yeah, but that's a not likely, highly hypothetical situation. **

Commercecomet24
10-13-2020, 01:53 PM

Rep given!

Matt3467
10-13-2020, 02:01 PM

hmm

Cooterpoot
10-13-2020, 02:22 PM

What the hell was he going to do? No head coach is involved in voluntary workouts and summer workouts. That's what the S&C team is for. They did their jobs. Hell, Mullen took the damn summer off other than camps.

The Federalist Engineer
10-13-2020, 02:42 PM

Yes, true.

I recall Josh Robinson go Malcontent in 2014. This “malcontent” shenanigans belongs in video games, new wrinkle.

Jay Cutler, QB Chicago was basically always Malcontent, especially against the Packers

FIFA 2020 should make all Manchester United players randomly perform every game. Between attitude and marijuana- Pogba should be speed 50 to speed 96.

FISHDAWG
10-13-2020, 03:39 PM
KJ has made several comments about how intense, in terms of physical contact, our practices are. I know that contact teaches your body to be able to take contact. So, is it just hard to come from a conference / background where there is less contact to a place where there is more and more intense contact without being injured. Is this just an issue with it taking their bodies longer to adjust and causing higher rate of injury. These guys are athletes and have at least taken some hits in their past so I used to think they would adjust fairly easily. I don't really think so any more.

Dak and Fitz grew up being hit like running backs and it they took a ton of hits in college without too much injury from contact (dirty ankle twist does not count).

I would be willing to bet that KJ doesn't get hit in practice

defiantdog
10-13-2020, 04:42 PM
I would be willing to bet that KJ doesn't get hit in practice

He watches the men hit each other

TheLostDawg
10-13-2020, 07:07 PM
He may have been trying to stay Covid-isolated, and he has a nice place down there. Plus, there wasn't much he could have done in Starkville.

Anybody know if Leach has bought a house in the Starkville area?

I believe the another said they looked at 12? Before they finally bought one. The only thing that crossed my mind is I didn't realize we had that many multi-million dollar homes in the area.

KOdawg1
10-13-2020, 07:49 PM

I remember that crap. @ Kentucky 2014. I lost a lot of respect for JRob that day.

RocketDawg
10-13-2020, 07:52 PM
I believe the another said they looked at 12? Before they finally bought one. The only thing that crossed my mind is I didn't realize we had that many multi-million dollar homes in the area.

Anybody every buy Mullen's house? As I recall, it was over $1M but not by a lot.

Homedawg
10-13-2020, 08:29 PM

He bought a house off old West Point rd.

Homedawg
10-13-2020, 08:30 PM
Anybody every buy Mullen's house? As I recall, it was over $1M but not by a lot.

Yes

BeardoMSU
10-13-2020, 09:04 PM
Yes

Did you find the hidden shrine to Scientology?**

Homedawg
10-13-2020, 09:17 PM
Did you find the hidden shrine to Scientology?**

Haha. Not me....

Maverick91
10-14-2020, 11:39 AM
Do we know if anyone has actually been "purged" from the team? If not, do we know if we have had really good buy in this week during practice?

Turfdawg67
10-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Do we know if anyone has actually been "purged" from the team? If not, do we know if we have had really good buy in this week during practice?

I heard it "clicked" this week.***

MrCoachKlein
10-14-2020, 02:25 PM
“What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which John McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”

Todd4State
10-14-2020, 03:23 PM

If I had to guess there were probably some talks to players about what is acceptable and if they choose not to change then they will be purged.

Maverick91
10-14-2020, 04:38 PM
I can get behind that, I think not buying in has been a huge reason for the lack of execution and lack of hustle. If this has been corrected and we play much better at QB, we should give A&M a four quarter game.

Todd4State
10-14-2020, 09:15 PM
I can get behind that, I think not buying in has been a huge reason for the lack of execution and lack of hustle. If this has been corrected and we play much better at QB, we should give A&M a four quarter game.

It would definitely help. The attitude hasn't been right for a long time. Osirus not fighting for the ball cost us a TD. He fights for that and it's a 5 point game in all likelihood. That's just an obvious example that stood out to me.

And I don't like it when our players talk trash and then they don't back it up on the field. Way too much of that going on.

Maverick91
10-15-2020, 08:18 AM
Couldn't agree more.

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2020, 08:56 AM

He was hired in January.

Yeah. Something happened between January and now. Can you guess?

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2020, 09:00 AM
I remember that crap. @ Kentucky 2014. I lost a lot of respect for JRob that day.

Agree but Mullen was in the wrong for not getting him those extra two yards. Coaches have to manage personalities

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2020, 09:43 AM
Agree but Mullen was in the wrong for not getting him those extra two yards. Coaches have to manage personalities

And Josh was known to be unmanageable. Josh had the talent to be a 3 year starter - we all saw the flashes of it. But, he couldn't get out of his own way. And, Josh did have a chance - he just didn't make it. He got a carry on 1st down with 1:22 left in the game - and only got 4 yards. At that point, we took 2 knees and ran the clock. I'd have a totally different opinion if he hadn't been sent back out for that short last series. Keep in mind too that even though it wound up a 2 score game - one minute earlier the game was in doubt as UK had just closed the lead to 7 and attempted an onside kick - which Turtle ran back for a TD to clinch the game. I don't know that I would have tempted the football gods after that just to give 2 vanity yards to a stat sheet. I'm GTFO with the win.

StoneDawg
10-15-2020, 09:44 AM

😂😂😂

ShotgunDawg
10-15-2020, 09:53 AM
And Josh was known to be unmanageable. Josh had the talent to be a 3 year starter - we all saw the flashes of it. But, he couldn't get out of his own way. And, Josh did have a chance - he just didn't make it. He got a carry on 1st down with 1:22 left in the game - and only got 4 yards. At that point, we took 2 knees and ran the clock. I'd have a totally different opinion if he hadn't been sent back out for that short last series. Keep in mind too that even though it wound up a 2 score game - one minute earlier the game was in doubt as UK had just closed the lead to 7 and attempted an onside kick - which Turtle ran back for a TD to clinch the game. I don't know that I would have tempted the football gods after that just to give 2 vanity yards to a stat sheet. I'm GTFO with the win.

As a coach, you have to know what makes your players tick and your job is to get the most out of them.

Has Mullen done what was in the best interest of his team instead of making a point, J Rob would've likely been more engaged for the rest of the season & MSU's best team may have won more games.

I'm not saying in any way that J Rob was in the right, but Mullen should've just gotten him the yards or told him prior the the last carry that his is your last chance

HancockCountyDog
10-15-2020, 09:56 AM

Whatever it was - it certainly didn't affect the team's dedication/desire/attitude/hustle/work ethic or whatever excuse people are now laying at our player's feet when we kicked the shit out LSU when their DC kept blitzing the air raid.

Its amazing how I didn't see anything about any of these issues when Pelini was showing how not to defend the air raid. KJ was winning the Heisman, no talk of purging or malcontents just a dominant football team.
s
What has changed the last two weeks? One damn thing - we have faced the 3-8 defense in back to back weeks, and instead of the blame being thrown on the Coach, it is the players and their bad attitudes or selfishness or whatever crap you want to throw their way. Its a lot easier to shit on our players and blame them for looking awful in back to back games, as opposed to looking at the HC who refuses to adapt his offense regardless of the talent of his team.

The reason its easier to do that is because no one wants to admit that maybe we have a problem with a HC that can't solve the 3-8. He didn't solve it against Washington. Go back and watch the Wazzu/Oregon game - I did last night, Oregon didn't stay in a 3-8. They rushed 4 and 5 at times, and Wazzu ate it up. When they sat back and only rushed 3, Wazzu struggled. The problem is that most DC don't have the patience to sit back and play 3-8 all game. Also, Oregon was terrible making tackles in open space.

Instead of crapping on our players, maybe we should ask that our coach solve the 3-8 by coming up with some sets that can take advantage of a prevent defense.

Extendedcab
10-15-2020, 10:30 AM
Whatever it was - it certainly didn't affect the team's dedication/desire/attitude/hustle/work ethic or whatever excuse people are now laying at our player's feet when we kicked the shit out LSU when their DC kept blitzing the air raid.

Its amazing how I didn't see anything about any of these issues when Pelini was showing how not to defend the air raid. KJ was winning the Heisman, no talk of purging or malcontents just a dominant football team.
s
What has changed the last two weeks? One damn thing - we have faced the 3-8 defense in back to back weeks, and instead of the blame being thrown on the Coach, it is the players and their bad attitudes or selfishness or whatever crap you want to throw their way. Its a lot easier to shit on our players and blame them for looking awful in back to back games, as opposed to looking at the HC who refuses to adapt his offense regardless of the talent of his team.

The reason its easier to do that is because no one wants to admit that maybe we have a problem with a HC that can't solve the 3-8. He didn't solve it against Washington. Go back and watch the Wazzu/Oregon game - I did last night, Oregon didn't stay in a 3-8. They rushed 4 and 5 at times, and Wazzu ate it up. When they sat back and only rushed 3, Wazzu struggled. The problem is that most DC don't have the patience to sit back and play 3-8 all game. Also, Oregon was terrible making tackles in open space.

Instead of crapping on our players, maybe we should ask that our coach solve the 3-8 by coming up with some sets that can take advantage of a prevent defense.

I don't disagree with everything you say and especially putting accountability on the couches, BUT ...

We do have an attitude problem with some players on the team. That was especially evident with #5 and #8. We all saw #5 and the issues he had and the resulting penalties. But what may have gone unnoticed was #8 head butting a KY player that tackled him on the sidelines, or the trash talking (jawing) that went on after every play he had the ball. Every time he was tackled he jumped up mouthing off at the opponent making all sorts of gestures with his hands and arms. All of that crap is unnecessary especially if you are not backing it up with effort during the play. There are player attitude issues!

Now hopefully, after this past week, with the come to Jesus meeting we supposedly had, that will change - the coach did take accountability and control of the situation.

Johnson85
10-15-2020, 12:11 PM

I haven't really seen that. Mitchell didn't give effort and let a TD catch just be taken from him. Other than that, it just seems like our QB and WR have not bee on the same page. Kylin taps out every other play, but I haven't noticed him slacking when he does play. I don't think our OL have been getting beat because of lack of effort for the most part.

BrunswickDawg
10-15-2020, 12:35 PM
As a coach, you have to know what makes your players tick and your job is to get the most out of them.

Has Mullen done what was in the best interest of his team instead of making a point, J Rob would've likely been more engaged for the rest of the season & MSU's best team may have won more games.

I'm not saying in any way that J Rob was in the right, but Mullen should've just gotten him the yards or told him prior the the last carry that his is your last chance

We don't know that he didn't. I think 3 years of frustration with Josh probably caught up to Dan at that point. But, Dan had given Josh every opportunity to get with the program and we all know he never really did. I can totally see why you don't reward the guy that you have to hand hold constantly. That is also taking the good of the team and the good of the program into consideration. JoMo just showed us the the consequences of the method you are saying Dan should have employed.

Percho
10-15-2020, 05:02 PM

s

Where can I watch it?

HailStateSZN19
10-15-2020, 05:12 PM
Listed to Bo Bounds this morning and Rosebowl was on there saying he expects KJ to start but be on a very short leash.

When you’re having to give someone an incredibly short leash because of recent play, it usually doesn’t end very well. That sometimes is in the QB’s head and he’s trying not to screw up to not get pulled and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Why not just go ahead and make the change to try and create a spark? Tell Will he’s starting and give him all week to work with the 1’s so he gets familiar with them instead of making him wait on the sidelines for KJ to screw up and then thrust him into action off the bench again. That’s just my opinion. Maybe I’m wrong.

KOdawg1
10-15-2020, 05:31 PM

I completely disagree with this. You're there to win games. Not chase stats.

Cooterpoot
10-15-2020, 06:01 PM

s

Funny, Leach did blame the coaches and himself before he called out the attitudes. But, it's just shitting on players. Take that shit somewhere else!
And we'll see if this all works out down the road. It may, it may not. You yourself said we were going to be a pass heavy team and we should all watch WSU. Said he wouldn't change and why should he because it works. Now, you're quitting like the players that are in trouble. So I'd think you could figure it out.

BuckyIsAB****
10-15-2020, 06:24 PM

Hell no. You don?t compromise the good of the team for anyone. That would be a very Moorhead move

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-15-2020, 09:41 PM
So K Hill isn't starting this weekend?

starkvegasdawg
10-15-2020, 10:14 PM
So K Hill isn't starting this weekend?

There's some smoke on twitter to that effect.

TNDawg35
10-16-2020, 12:01 AM
There's some smoke on twitter to that effect.

I have also seen a good bit of smoke about Mayden getting a shot this wknd.

bulldawg28
10-16-2020, 12:19 AM

Good, I'm all for it. Give the guys a shot.

msugolf
10-16-2020, 05:53 AM

Just a rumor, according to Jalen

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 04:58 PM
Wouldn?t shock me if Kylin is done at State

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:18 PM
Wouldn?t shock me if Kylin is done at State

Fine with me. Sad situation but people have to be accountable for themselves.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 05:22 PM
Not to bash Kylin because I don’t know the whole story, but it always concerned me that Columbus wasn’t very good when he was there.

Mullen loved to recruit state champions and I think there is something to that. They know how to sacrifice self for the greater good.

Turfdawg67
10-16-2020, 05:34 PM
Kylin, on Twitter, said something like "instead of pointing fingers, you should look in the mirror". I thought he was talking about himself, but maybe it was a coach?

Jarius
10-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Kylin quit on Monday and crawled back on Wednesday. If he quit again it would be very recent news.

BuckyIsAB****
10-16-2020, 05:41 PM
Kylin quit on Monday and crawled back on Wednesday. If he quit again it would be very recent news.

I don?t think it was up to him

Bdawg
10-16-2020, 05:42 PM
Hadad pretty confident Hill is not playing.

Jarius
10-16-2020, 05:43 PM
I don?t think it was up to him

Would not surprise me and not saying you are incorrect at all.

ShotgunDawg
10-16-2020, 06:15 PM

Figures he’d quit

It’s hard to articulate what it means to be a winning player vs being a losing player, but you know it when you see it.

Many of our most recent good recruits came from losing HS programs. Kylin and Jarrian come quickly to mind.

Jarius
10-16-2020, 06:38 PM
Kylin is tweeting pro MSU cowbell stuff as we speak. I doubt he is off the team but who knows.

Dawgfan77
10-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Ocho is playing not starting. Limited role.