PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade

Maverick91
10-12-2020, 02:43 PM
losing to Arky and Kentucky for wins against A&M and Auburn?

Start of the season we were supposed to beat Arky and I think Kentucky was supposed to play us hard. We were not supposed to beat A&M or Auburn. How would you see the season if this plays out that way and we don't look like complete and total idiots against Alabama.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 02:46 PM
Beating A&M, then not looking like idiots against Bama, and then beating Auburn would mean we've made some SERIOUS progression on offense.

So yeah, I'd take that for sure.

BeardoMSU
10-12-2020, 02:47 PM
Beating A&M, then not looking like idiots against Bama, and then beating Auburn would mean we've made some SERIOUS progression on offense.

this.

R2Dawg
10-12-2020, 02:48 PM

Yeah, I'd take that too. Let everyone feel the pain. And the cherry on top, let Vandy beat Bama. Misery loves company.

Maverick91
10-12-2020, 03:04 PM
Completely agree, loosing the past two weeks suck from a W/L standpoint. But, I would even take playing A&M, Auburn and Bama hard and losing somewhat close at this point.

ZedFedder
10-12-2020, 03:07 PM
This may sound ridiculous, but I don’t think our offense is far off from working. Think about all the turnovers, ESPECIALLY in the redzone, and if you take half of them away we are 3-0. I just don’t know if we have the QB to make it work this year.

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 03:11 PM
This may sound ridiculous, but I don’t think our offense is far off from working. Think about all the turnovers, ESPECIALLY in the redzone, and if you take half of them away we are 3-0. I just don’t know if we have the QB to make it work this year.

I agree with you. It seems like out of our 11 INT's, at least 8-9 have been when we were driving the field and getting into a rhythm and sometimes in the red zone.

Total offense is a little inflated from the LSU game but we've put together some good drives and then throw a stupid INT when we get into the opponent's territory.

Johnson85
10-12-2020, 03:24 PM

It's not ridiculous. That bad news is we have problems at OL, QB, and WR. But the good news is a lot of the problems at QB and WR can be fixed with reps. Unless Costello just has a mental problem with attacking zones, he can make the throws accurately, as he proved against LSU. He just needs WRs finding spots and for them to be on the same page.

The biggest concern is I'm not sure what in the hell is going on on the OL. We need to be able to block 3 with 5. I don't understand how Dolla BIll could be so bad that he can't help double team a DL.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 03:26 PM
Auburn isn't very good. KY played them well. They should've lost to AR. GA blew them out.

Maverick91
10-12-2020, 03:35 PM
This right here is the thing for me. Arky looks like the most improved team of the conference and Auburn looks like they could be the ones that take the giant step backwards. State I feel like we are exactly where people thought we would be outside of Winning at LSU and losing to Arky.

msstate7
10-12-2020, 03:49 PM
Auburn isn't very good. KY played them well. They should've lost to AR. GA blew them out.

We aren't either

gravedigger
10-12-2020, 04:50 PM
We aren't either

This is true. But we aren't hopeless either. Bellard's last year, Sherrill's last 3, vrooms 1st 3 and last one. Those were hopeless.

Watching pro games makes me realize just how precise qb's and wr's have to be in reading coverage and timing. It's a learning process. The good news is that now we know how we are going to be played, we can work on our attack.

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2020, 05:35 PM
This right here is the thing for me. Arky looks like the most improved team of the conference and Auburn looks like they could be the ones that take the giant step backwards. State I feel like we are exactly where people thought we would be outside of Winning at LSU and losing to Arky.

Ole Miss looks like the most improved team in the conference. Ark, we should have beat them by 14. Seriously. We refused to spy the QB, for whatever reason. Our safeties played the ball really poorly. Do those two things and they may not have scored a point, except for the 7 blind QB spotted them.

Lord McBuckethead
10-12-2020, 05:36 PM
We need to start to roll out KJ too. Seems like a really easy thing to do to change the throwing lanes just a little.

Bothrops
10-12-2020, 05:56 PM
If we don't show big improvement and the ability to score some touchdowns this weekend, I could see us losing out.

Bothrops
10-12-2020, 05:58 PM
We need to start to roll out KJ too. Seems like a really easy thing to do to change the throwing lanes just a little.

Not happening imo. That dude can barely move and runs like a 60 year old man.

BuckyIsAB****
10-12-2020, 06:18 PM

HailStateSZN19
10-12-2020, 06:21 PM

Let’s. Freakin’. Ride.

Joebob
10-12-2020, 09:53 PM

I don't know if any quarterback can eliminate the turnovers constantly throwing into an 8 man zone. That's why Leach needs to find a way to make them respect the run, especially if Rogers is going to be the quarterback going forward. The poor kid won't have a chance if the whole defense is sitting on his passes. I don't think Leach needs to change his philosophy, he just needs to make teams abandon that 8 man zone. Then things will start to open up in the passing lanes.

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 03:18 AM
Ole Miss looks like the most improved team in the conference. Ark, we should have beat them by 14. Seriously. We refused to spy the QB, for whatever reason. Our safeties played the ball really poorly. Do those two things and they may not have scored a point, except for the 7 blind QB spotted them.

Unless we're counting defense into the equation.

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 03:19 AM
To answer the OP- 2018 MSU fans say no.**

I'll evaluate this season at the end. Even after LSU it was year zero for me good bad or ugly. The biggest thing right now appears to be getting rid of the malcontents on offense. I think there is a chance that KJ could come back next year compete for the job and be a lot more like what we saw against LSU with time to learn the system. I think it's also just as likely that he quits, leaves, Will Rogers or even Shrader beats him out too. I don't see how Leach could keep playing Costello at this point barring injuries to Will. I think the malcontents on defense from last year are either at Florida State or the NFL right now.

Hot Rock
10-13-2020, 08:51 AM
If this offense starts to click... this team can beat almost anyone but... it's not working right now.

Having said that, I am very proud of how this defense has been playing. It's impressive to see them still kicking ass when the offense just keeps turning it over.

They seem to be taking it as a challenge. I like it. They young and good.. Bodes well for the future possibilities when the offense finally does click and I think it will.

Hypnodawg
10-13-2020, 09:27 AM
Not happening imo. That dude can barely move and runs like a 60 year old man.

I'm about 90% certain my old ass could out run him. Was he in a car wreck? Dude makes Tyler Russell look like a cheetah.

Mjoelner34
10-13-2020, 09:47 AM
Yes. Especially now since we lost to UPIG. In my mind I would be trading a pre-season sure win plus a toss-up win for 2 toss-up wins when I thought we may get 1. Plus, with those games being deeper in the year, it would show that there was improvement and it wasn't just a random occurance.

Based on what I thought preseason:
4-6
UPIG, Vandy, Mizzou = W's
LSU, Bama, UGA = L's
UK, aTm, Auburn, Ole Miss = Wouldn't surprise me if we won. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost. Figured we would probably win 1 of those 4.

Based on what I've seen so far if we don't improve:
LSU, Vandy = W's
UPIG, UK, aTm, Bama, UGA, Auburn = L's
Ole Miss, Mizzou = toss ups

Captain Falcon
10-13-2020, 10:04 AM
Heck yeah I'd take it. That would mean this team probably goes 5-5 or 6-4 depending on the Egg Bowl, and that would be a really strong record for us given all the turmoil and uncertainty of this year.