PDA

View Full Version : Joe Morgan, RIP!

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 10:26 AM
2020 claims another great. Joe Morgan passed away today. Was never a reds fan but the little dude could really play! RIP, Joe!

Mjoelner34
10-12-2020, 10:33 AM
I hate to hear that. I always liked him and I remember the way he would flap his back elbow to remind himself to keep it down during his swing.

Cooterpoot
10-12-2020, 10:39 AM
He was a solid broadcaster too

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-12-2020, 10:41 AM
I agree, Cooter. I liked him and Jon Miller together as a broadcast team.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Yeah him and Jon Miller were great together, way better than what they have on Sunday Night baseball now.

FISHDAWG
10-12-2020, 10:53 AM
I hate to hear that. I always liked him and I remember the way he would flap his back elbow to remind himself to keep it down during his swing.

I always wondered why he did that ... he was a Playa !!!

Martianlander
10-12-2020, 10:55 AM
Guess it just shows my age, all these great ones I remember dieing off.

parabrave
10-12-2020, 10:57 AM
He was a solid broadcaster too

He was a dam good broadcaster. Crab so far this year Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford and now Joe Morgan. Anyone else. I know Hank ain't in that great shape.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 11:11 AM
He was a dam good broadcaster. Crab so far this year Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Whitey Ford and now Joe Morgan. Anyone else. I know Hank ain't in that great shape.

Al Kaline and Tom Seaver this year too.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Guess it just shows my age, all these great one I remember dieing off.

Yep, sad times. I remember riding my bike to the store everyday and buying baseball cards and opening those packs and hoping to get the stars. Good times. Now they're all starting to pass away, makes me feel older with each one.

parabrave
10-12-2020, 12:12 PM
Yep, sad times. I remember riding my bike to the store everyday and buying baseball cards and opening those packs and hoping to get the stars. Good times. Now they're all starting to pass away, makes me feel older with each one.

My favorite card was a 1967 Reggie Jackson Athletics card. Never forgot that he was wearing a yellow jersey in it and the bat on his shoulder. And I actually chewed the gum

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 12:48 PM
My favorite card was a 1967 Reggie Jackson Athletics card. Never forgot that he was wearing a yellow jersey in it and the bat on his shoulder. And I actually chewed the gum

I loved that gum and the card next to it always had the smell of it on it and the outline of the gum. These kids today don't know what they're missing.

shoeless joe
10-12-2020, 12:58 PM
Sunday night baseball of my youth with joe Morgan talking about throwing “the slide piece” is nostalgia at its very best...

Morgan, costas, and ueker calling the mid-late 90s NBC games was quality entertaining broadcasting.

Mjoelner34
10-12-2020, 01:00 PM
I loved that gum and the card next to it always had the smell of it on it and the outline of the gum. These kids today don't know what they're missing.

I shudder to think how many thousands of future dollars went up in smoke on the back wheel of my bicycle! Old me would tell young me "Hey you stupid shit, hide those cards and save them. Put mama's bridge cards on your bicycle!".

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Sunday night baseball of my youth with joe Morgan talking about throwing “the slide piece” is nostalgia at its very best...

Morgan, costas, and ueker calling the mid-late 90s NBC games was quality entertaining broadcasting.

Amen to that!

msstatelp1
10-12-2020, 01:20 PM
Loved me some Big Red Machine back in the day. I was a Reds fan, my Grandfather was a Cards fan, and my first cousin was a Yankees fan. My Grandfather loved talking baseball and all 3 of us would get all riled up going at each other. RIP Joe. The '75 Series against the Red Sox will always be one of the best ever played .

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 01:41 PM
I shudder to think how many thousands of future dollars went up in smoke on the back wheel of my bicycle! Old me would tell young me "Hey you stupid shit, hide those cards and save them. Put mama's bridge cards on your bicycle!".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mjoelner34 again.

Bodawg
10-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Grew up a Reds fan. Will always remember the Big Red Machine of the 70's. Bench, Morgan, Rose, Geronimo, Cocepcion, Griffey...others I have since forgot. RIP Joe Morgan!

msstatelp1
10-12-2020, 02:02 PM
Grew up a Reds fan. Will always remember the Big Red Machine of the 70's. Bench, Morgan, Rose, Geronimo, Cocepcion, Griffey...others I have since forgot. RIP Joe Morgan!
Add Tony Perez and George Foster.

msudawg1200
10-12-2020, 06:07 PM
Fricking 2020 keeps on keeping on. I'm still a huge Reds fan today because I jumped on the Big Red Machine bandwagon as a wee lad in the mid to late 70's. Loved me some Joe Morgan.

parabrave
10-12-2020, 06:33 PM
Add Tony Perez and George Foster.

They had great pitching and and one of the most underrated managers in Sparky.

Commercecomet24
10-12-2020, 06:34 PM
They had great pitching and and one of the most underrated managers in Sparky.

Captain Hook, Sparky Anderson. Sparky is the manager who started the trend of pulling starters early and going to the bullpen.