PDA

View Full Version : Prepare thy self

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 05:54 PM
Shit is about to meet fan with our football program.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Great.**

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2020, 05:56 PM

Don't be cryptic. Spill all the tea.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 05:58 PM
I'm guessing a certain player that had a role in changing the state flag may be involved.

Dawgbite
10-11-2020, 05:58 PM
Considering how much they left on the field in Lexington last night.

Jacksondevildog
10-11-2020, 05:59 PM
That's what I'm guessing. There will be more, but he would not shock me. That may offend some, but I don't give a shit.
I'm guessing a certain player that had a role in changing the state flag may be involved.

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2020, 06:00 PM

Just say it. I hope he is torching the barn and killing the rats. 6-6 aint gonna cut it for Leach

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 06:01 PM

Not that simple. Not just the players either. Lots of unhappiness going down. Not sure where it's headed yet but it won't be good.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:03 PM
That's what I'm guessing. There will be more, but he would not shock me. That may offend some, but I don't give a shit.

The media will be up in arms but it but if it's the right thing for the program I'm fine with it.

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2020, 06:03 PM

If so, good riddance. He's been a Woke nutcase more interested in everything but football, which is the one thing he's actually good at. Good luck to him making money as a BLM activist. I'm sure it'll pay the same as what he'd make in the NFL if he actually focused on his game.****

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 06:06 PM
Not that simple. Not just the players either. Lots of unhappiness going down. Not sure where it's headed yet but it won't be good.

Mason Miller?

I hope so. Pass blocking is a skill I picked up oh, in Pee Wee league.

99jc
10-11-2020, 06:06 PM
If so, good riddance. He's been a Woke nutcase more interested in everything but football, which is the one thing he's actually good at. Good luck to him making money as a BLM activist. I'm sure it'll pay the same as what he'd make in the NFL if he actually focused on his game.****

i think you summed it up well!

Dawgology
10-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Say what you’ve heard

Noxdog
10-11-2020, 06:11 PM

I'm guessing CML and ADJC got into. Some don't want to hear it but the football team needs an enema.

Here's hoping CML wins the the battle.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-11-2020, 06:11 PM
You are saying it can get worse than what we saw last night? We are quickly becoming the laughing stock of the conference....

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:12 PM

From who? Boosters? Cohen? Keenum? Leach?

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Coming to Jesus meeting. And not just for the players. Lots of complaints about the staff too. Players and staff at odds about a lot of stuff. I would take the over on the 10-15 players leaving. Leach is a different dude. Some of the things he does isn't normal and it's causing problems. Staff and player communication problems. It's not what you want to hear.

KOdawg1
10-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Just spill it. It's not like this weekend could get any worse for me.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:14 PM
I'm guessing CML and ADJC got into. Some don't want to hear it but the football team needs an enema.

Here's hoping CML wins the the battle.

After what Cohen went through as the baseball coach I can't see him not letting Leach kick players off the team. If Hill is one of them I can understand why Cohen would be resistant though.

Dawgbite
10-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Spill it. After what happened to Dak today nobody is in the mood for this cryptic shit.

Dawgology
10-11-2020, 06:15 PM
Just spill it. It's not like this weekend could get any worse for me.

For real. You could tell me Davis Wade Stadium was on fire right now and I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:17 PM
Coming to Jesus meeting. And not just for the players. Lots of complaints about the staff too. Players and staff at odds about a lot of stuff. I would take the over on the 10-15 players leaving. Leach is a different dude. Some of the things he does isn't normal and it's causing problems. Staff and player communication problems. It's not what you want to hear.

I'll say it again- this is TWO staffs now those mother ****ers have had problems with. I'm guessing it's not the coaches most likely based on the evidence.

shoeless joe
10-11-2020, 06:19 PM

Needs to happen IF we’re in it with Leach for the long haul...and at this point we should be. Leach doesn’t coddle and a lot of today’s athletes feed like they’re getting personally persecuted when they don’t get coddled. Is what it is. I trust a proven winner more than a 21 yr old who’s head has been filled with non sense for their entire athletic life...add 10 fold to that over the last several months.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 06:21 PM
I'll say it again- this is TWO staffs now those mother ****ers have had problems with. I'm guessing it's not the coaches most likely based on the evidence.

Yeah I'm guessing the players got used to "uncle Joe" kissing their butt and ain't happy with leach cracking the whip.

Noxdog
10-11-2020, 06:23 PM

Yea, Jomo Tried to coddle them. Blew up in his face.

These days if you don't kiss a 20 year old's ass you get canceled quick. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 06:23 PM
If I had all the specifics, I'd tell it. I just know we got a big ass divide between coaches and players. We'll see where it ends up. I don't want to get into the rumors because that wouldn't be fair. I will say this, the players aren't all wrong.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:24 PM
After what Cohen went through as the baseball coach I can't see him not letting Leach kick players off the team. If Hill is one of them I can understand why Cohen would be resistant though.

Maybe Cohen didn't like the "purge" comments at the press conference (since he no doubt had not been consulted prior) and had a little talk with Leach.

Noxdog
10-11-2020, 06:25 PM
If I had all the specifics, I'd tell it. I just know we got a big ass divide between coaches and players. We'll see where it ends up. I don't want to get into the rumors because that wouldn't be fair. I will say this, the players aren't all wrong.

Specifically between the Offensive players and coaches or all around bc the D players look bought in.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:26 PM
Needs to happen IF we’re in it with Leach for the long haul...and at this point we should be. Leach doesn’t coddle and a lot of today’s athletes feed like they’re getting personally persecuted when they don’t get coddled. Is what it is. I trust a proven winner more than a 21 yr old who’s head has been filled with non sense for their entire athletic life...add 10 fold to that over the last several months.

Yep.

Jacksondevildog
10-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Maybe Cohen didn't like the "purge" comments at the press conference (since he no doubt had not been consulted prior) and had a little talk with Leach.

I remember Cohen publicly calling out his players on post game radio shows his first couple of years as coach in Starkville. He did not call them by name, but he addressed it because he was frustrated how bad we were.

Hambone
10-11-2020, 06:27 PM
You don’t want to “get into the rumors,” yet you started the thread based on these rumors.....

I get it, and I’m still pissed about all the things right now, but shit.

Dawgbite
10-11-2020, 06:28 PM
I will say this, the players aren't all wrong

Wrong or not, you can’t let the players run the program. If you do you might as well shut it down.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:29 PM

Sort of tangential ... but did a single person, a college football player nonetheless, really have that much influence over the flag decision? I wouldn't think so, but maybe they have more power than I think.

Jarius
10-11-2020, 06:29 PM
Yea if Cohen does anything with Leach he will be fired. The only thing that will happen is players will leave. Anything else will result in Cohen being fired.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Let me put it this way, if a coach is going to call out players, said coach best be leading by example himself.

bluelightstar
10-11-2020, 06:30 PM
Can someone please explain to me what Kylin has done for everyone to assume he?s a bad apple? I mean, I don?t recall him ever getting into with a coach and he played hard last year. This year, he was lights out against LSU and struggled against Kentucky. Sounds like some don?t like his social media but I don?t follow college kids I don?t know so can?t comment there

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:31 PM
I remember Cohen publicly calling out his players on post game radio shows his first couple of years as coach in Starkville. He did not call them by name, but he addressed it because he was frustrated how bad we were.

The difference is none of our baseball players tried to get the flag changed publicly. Kicking Kylin off the team is bad PR even if it is the right thing to do.

Noxdog
10-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Let me put it this way, if a coach is going to call out players, said coach best be leading by example himself.

Still to cryptic.

You talking bout CML?

RocketDawg

I didn't really see anything wrong with Leach's comments on purging. There was less than 100% effort on at least one of the offensive players last night, and maybe the week before, if that's what it turns out to be.

Cooterpoot
Kylin is a different kid just like Leach is a different dude. They rub some the wrong way. Both want to win.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Sort of tangential ... but did a single person, a college football player nonetheless, really have that much influence over the flag decision? I wouldn't think so, but maybe they have more power than I think.

You're right and I agree with you. But the media gave Kylin the credit- honestly too much because it more than just him. And I thought the flag should be changed so I'm not one of those people.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 06:34 PM
Kylin is a different kid just like Leach is a different dude. They rub some the wrong way. Both want to win.

I don't mind Kylin being different but he taps out way to often.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:34 PM
The difference is none of our baseball players tried to get the flag changed publicly. Kicking Kylin off the team is bad PR even if it is the right thing to do.

If it turns out that Leach is kicking Kylin off the team, I don't think it would have had anything to do with the flag thing. I seriously doubt that Leach could have cared less about the flag.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 06:36 PM
If it turns out that Leach is kicking Kylin off the team, I don't think it would have had anything to do with the flag thing. I seriously doubt that Leach could have cared less about the flag.

It wouldn't but that's not how the media does things. They make up shit and blow it out of proportion. See Shannon Sharpe comparing Leach's tweet with the noose to Emmitt Till's lynching.

Quaoarsking
Again, let's pump the brakes on criticizing Kylin and speculating on his future in the program without any direct evidence.

This is a guy who has complained on Twitter about online fans not liking him even though he [feels that he] hasn't done anything wrong, and I see his point.

RocketDawg
You're right and I agree with you. But the media gave Kylin the credit- honestly too much because it more than just him. And I thought the flag should be changed so I'm not one of those people.

I don't live there any longer so don't get a vote, but yeah, the flag had long outlived its usefulness, so it needed to be changed for the good of the state.

MetEdDawg
10-11-2020, 06:37 PM

I have no knowledge of what's going on.

But I can say one of my biggest fears in the Leach hire was that he wasn't going to put in the time the others head coaches do. His trips are legendary which isn't a good thing. That was probably my biggest fear. I think the offense can work. But I had great concern over his ability to put in the hours and months necessary to compete in the SEC

Irondawg
10-11-2020, 06:38 PM
This would be a bit odd because all the media interviews have been positive - are they just making the pro-leach guys available?

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:38 PM
It wouldn't but that's not how the media does things. They make up shit and blow it out of proportion. See Shannon Sharpe comparing Leach's tweet with the noose to Emmitt Till's lynching.

That's certainly true, and it's not limited to the local level there. Just look at nationwide now.

Jarius
10-11-2020, 06:40 PM
I also want to make it clear that I am 100 % unhappy with Leach so far, but he has Cohen by the balls. Cohen can’t can survive firing him right now. There will be a complete upheaval by the fanbase after the Moorhead debacle.

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 06:42 PM

My only fear is because of the political environment in the country, JC may not back Leach up. But Leach knows what he's doing and if they don't want to be here, then bye.

If they go to Bama, they do it Saban's way or they gone, but there are also 3 classes of players ahead of them telling them that. Here ... we have 3 classes of players that were destroyed by JoMo. JoMo taught them this was a democracy and it ain't. Players' input is fine but that don't make it democratic.

I'm sure Leach ain't doing a whole lot different than what he did at WSU. Those players could handle it.

And all his coaches for the most part followed him so if they had wanted out then was the time to do it. My guess is we got a couple of "star" bad apples that are leading some younger players astray with them.

Quaoarsking
I also want to make it clear that I am 100 % unhappy with Leach so far, but he has Cohen by the balls. Cohen can’t can survive firing him right now. There will be a complete upheaval by the fanbase after the Moorhead debacle.

That's not even on the table. There's a 0% chance Leach is fired any earlier than December 2021 (and even that's far-fetched), barring some kind of scandal.

msbulldog
Nobody is going to fire Leach or Cohen.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 06:44 PM
My only fear is because of the political environment in the country, JC may not back Leach up. But Leach knows what he's doing and if they don't want to be here, then bye.

Stop. John Cohen is the only Power 5 AD who has ever believed in Leach in the last decade (other than the WSU guy). He will have Leach's back.

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Again, let's pump the brakes on criticizing Kylin and speculating on his future in the program without any direct evidence.

This is a guy who has complained on Twitter about online fans not liking him even though he [feels that he] hasn't done anything wrong, and I see his point.

All the direct evidence you need is on the field. He wants the attention and lives for it. Negative or positive. I dont know him personally but I know enough people who do and they all say the same. Leach hit the nail on the head. You can always tell when that happens. If the shoe fits wear it

HailStateSZN19
10-11-2020, 06:46 PM
We talking about 10-15 players just opting out for the rest of the year and quitting?

If they need to get going, let them go. Culture was absolutely s**t when Leach got here. If this is part of fixing it, so be it and we’ll be better for it in the long haul. I’m tired of athletes getting coddled like babies.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Kylin is not getting kicked off the team.

chef dixon
10-11-2020, 06:49 PM
I think from a fan perspective this is being way over-thought

Maroonbulldog
10-11-2020, 06:49 PM
Deleted

Cowbell
10-11-2020, 06:50 PM
All the direct evidence you need is on the field. He wants the attention and lives for it. Negative or positive. I dont know him personally but I know enough people who do and they all say the same. Leach hit the nail on the head. You can always tell when that happens. If the shoe fits wear it
What are your thoughts Bucky? I know you know some players

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2020, 06:50 PM
Kylin is not getting kicked off the team.

Nobody with any sense thinks that or wants that. I for one just want to see him lay it all out there and not tap his helmet and act like a drama queen. We are talking about a kid who has been taken to the locker room multiple times over the past 2 and a half years with an apparent injury only to come back out very quickly and be fine, only to tap out again.

Either he has a legitimate problem that is the worlds best kept secret, or there is another type of problem that needs to be addressed. He is not he only one. We are going to be ok. Leach is proven.

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2020, 06:52 PM
What are your thoughts Bucky? I know you know some players

I think there are some on the team who had seen enough from transfer QBs already and dont want to go through that again. 2 has worked with the WRs more than anyone on campus and is ready to do it. The 2 weeks off is going to hold him back a little but he will be fine. He is ready to go mentally.

Lets not act like the world is ending. If we finish some red zone possessions we are 2-1 probably 3-0. But you can always tell who the riff raff are when things get hard

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 06:54 PM
Yea, Jomo Tried to coddle them. Blew up in his face.

These days if you don't kiss a 20 year old's ass you get canceled quick. Will be interesting to see what transpires.

I got nieces like this. One is now disowning her Mom for being a Trump supporter after she sent my niece to a NE liberal ass college (which she graduated from) that cost $30K a semester ... and her Mom almost went bankrupt doing it. All because that's where my niece wanted to go. And now she's disowning her Mom cause she ain't voting the way my niece thinks she should.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 06:55 PM
I think from a fan perspective this is being way over-thought

Yes, probably. There's no reason to believe that Cohen and Leach are at odds. Maybe both of them are reminding some of the players they need to concentrate a little harder. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Jarius
10-11-2020, 06:56 PM
That's not even on the table. There's a 0% chance Leach is fired any earlier than December 2021 (and even that's far-fetched), barring some kind of scandal.

I agree with you.

TNDawg35
10-11-2020, 06:56 PM
I tried to hint it earlier, but no one wanted to believe me. It ain’t just KH, but he is a huge problem. Dude thinks he is gods gift to football. Go back and
Look after each carry he got or catch he made. It wasn't himself or his team he was yelling or trying to hype up.***

Like I said, go back and watch the game. There is someone else that you need to pay attention to and he has been the main reason this offense ain’t working.

Leach’s stuff works if you have someone making decent decisions and not literally GIVING the ball tp the defense... I mean dude is literally giving the ball to the defense.

On another note, Arnet has been amazing!! The plays his defense has been on the field and the extra possessions he has had to fight, dude is a stud and has the guys rolling...

BuckyIsAB****
10-11-2020, 06:58 PM
This will be my last comment on 8. Nick Fitzgerald took more crap on here and from our students and fans for all types of junk. On and off the field, but he never once, ever tapped out. If he had done what Kylin has done there would be a thread on here still going today about how much we hated him. Fitz also would have never slid on 3rd down and he would have never thrown it past the LOS but thats a different deal. My point is, if you are gonna be the guy on twitter you'd better be the guy on Sat. I can live with getting beat, I can swallow not executing sometimes, but I cant live with tapping out and on top of that coming back in and running your mouth on twitter about how focused you are

KOdawg1
10-11-2020, 06:58 PM
I tried to hint it earlier, but no one wanted to believe me. It ain’t just KH, but he is a huge problem. Dude thinks he is gods gift to football. Go back and
Look after each carry he got or catch he made. It wasn't himself or his team he was yelling or trying to hype up.***

Like I said, go back and watch the game. There is someone else that you need to pay attention to and he has been the main reason this offense ain’t working.

Leach’s stuff works if you have someone making decent decisions and not literally GIVING the ball tp the defense... I mean dude is literally giving the ball to the defense.

On another note, Arnet has been amazing!! The plays his defense has been on the field and the extra possessions he has had to fight, dude is a stud and has the guys rolling...

Mitchell's attitude has also been piss poor. The effort he gave on that pass from Rogers was ridiculous

KOdawg1
10-11-2020, 07:00 PM
I think there are some on the team who had seen enough from transfer QBs already and dont want to go through that again. 2 has worked with the WRs more than anyone on campus and is ready to do it. The 2 weeks off is going to hold him back a little but he will be fine. He is ready to go mentally.

Lets not act like the world is ending. If we finish some red zone possessions we are 2-1 probably 3-0. But you can always tell who the riff raff are when things get hard

I've heard the same on 2 putting in the extra work. Kid works hard.

parabrave
10-11-2020, 07:00 PM
Who says its KH. He has always taken plays off since he has been here. If there are any problems to me it would be between Costello and the receivers. 2 guys right off the bat who come to mind are not even trying the last 2 games and it looks like KJ doesn't even look for them sometimes. KH might be pissed because he isn't getting the carries but at least he gives it when he is out there.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 07:02 PM
I got nieces like this. One is now disowning her Mom for being a Trump supporter after she sent my niece to a NE liberal ass college (which she graduated from) that cost $30K a semester ... and her Mom almost went bankrupt doing it. All because that's where my niece wanted to go. And now she's disowning her Mom cause she ain't voting the way my niece thinks she should.

I've seen that before, many years ago. One of my coworkers had a really smart kid, and he literally mortgaged the house to send him to Yale. He got a degree in some area of liberal arts (foreign studies or some such), went to grad school at Brown, and dad did indeed have to declare bankruptcy. So, with two Ivy degrees, the kid joins the Peace Corp with virtually no pay. I realize that college isn't necessarily trade school, but my goodness, the kid needs to be able to at least provide for himself after graduation.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 07:06 PM
I've heard the same on 2 putting in the extra work. Kid works hard.

And hasn't he also been sick the past couple of weeks (or at least quarantined)? I thought he looked pretty good last night given the situation.

HancockCountyDog
10-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Please stop with the fire Leach talk, that?s just lunacy.

If you want to talk about forcing him to incorporate some actual run plays, that is at least possible. Maybe 1% possible, but at least possible.

We aren?t cutting a 20 million dollar check.

HailStateSZN19
10-11-2020, 07:11 PM
When can we expect to see or hear something more on this stuff?

Cooter, you’ve built this thing up to where it sounds like a huge deal and if it’s as big of a deal as it sounds, it’s gotta be too big of a thing to keep wraps on it for long. Something concrete is bound to come out sooner than later if it involves issues with players and coaches having some serious friction.

TNDawg35
10-11-2020, 07:12 PM
I've seen that before, many years ago. One of my coworkers had a really smart kid, and he literally mortgaged the house to send him to Yale. He got a degree in some area of liberal arts (foreign studies or some such), went to grad school at Brown, and dad did indeed have to declare bankruptcy. So, with two Ivy degrees, the kid joins the Peace Corp with virtually no pay. I realize that college isn't necessarily trade school, but my goodness, the kid needs to be able to at least provide for himself after graduation.

It’s got to be something with kids graduating college/high school right now. I have a cousin who text me asking me how many hrs a day and how many days a wk I worked. He is pissed off cause I work 8 and 5 (I’m am mid 30s and started from the bottom in a warehouse and now in maint) and he just got his first job and is having to work 12-6... I told him be thankful he has a job.

Then another girl that just got hired in the lab literally the day she graduated last yr from State, is pissy cause people
Who have been with company 20 yrs and no degree makes more than her. So she went to the manager and demanded she be put on a short track for management. The boss looked at her and said maybe you should find somewhere else to be in management cause we promote from within.

MetEdDawg
10-11-2020, 07:12 PM
Who says its KH. He has always taken plays off since he has been here. If there are any problems to me it would be between Costello and the receivers. 2 guys right off the bat who come to mind are not even trying the last 2 games and it looks like KJ doesn't even look for them sometimes. KH might be pissed because he isn't getting the carries but at least he gives it when he is out there.

See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't get it and yesterday didn't look bought in. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2020, 07:14 PM
I think Cooter has handled it really well on how he reported this, and then a few throw certain name(s) out there and assume (ass u me) it is a certain player. Some need to remember there are some who read this board that don't have MSU's best interest in mind too.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2020, 07:15 PM
Mitchell's attitude has also been piss poor. The effort he gave on that pass from Rogers was ridiculous

It should have been a TD, but just one player not giving up and wanting the ball more it seemed.

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 07:16 PM
See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't give it. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

He's not a grinder. He's not gritty. He plays pretty. He likes to look good. And Leach doesn't like that. Leach likes 2 extra yards, not someone trying to dance all over the place. He doesn't look like he's bought in. It was easy for him 2 weeks ago. Got a little harder and he didn't do what was necessary for the Leach offense.

I've said since 2018 he ain't an NFL back and nothing has changed my mind. He did finally block ok in LSU game this year tho.

HoopsDawg
10-11-2020, 07:21 PM
Anytime one unit is performing so poorly there's going to be issues. Then you have Leach who is in charge of that unit and he is unwilling to change.

bluelightstar
10-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Well, it sure seems like nothing but innuendo re Kylin.

parabrave
10-11-2020, 07:25 PM
See I completely disagree with this. Kylin doesn't get it and yesterday didn't look bought in. I mentioned this to multiple people yesterday but Kylin gives up 2 yards on virtually every catch because he's trying to juke guys. His job is to get yards. And there's a huge difference in 2nd and 8 and 2nd and 6. And Hill constantly gave up yards trying to be pretty.

For a minute there I thought you were talking about #4. However there is something going on between KJ and a couple of the receivers. And #5 needs to put out a helluva lot more effort if he ever wants to play int the NFL.

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 07:28 PM

I despise the whole idea of dancing ass running backs.

Did you watch the Auburn game? If Josh Robinson was the bowling ball, Tank Williams is the pinball. You hit him, he bounces right off and keeps on going. He doesn't run you over, he just makes you look stupid on the field.

I wish we had a guy like him.

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Anytime one unit is performing so poorly there's going to be issues. Then you have Leach who is in charge of that unit and he is unwilling to change.

Until they execute what Leach tells them to execute Leach don't need to change. You gonna tell Saban to change after 3 games if ain't working?

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 07:33 PM

Did you watch the Auburn game? If Josh Robinson was the bowling ball, Tank Williams is the pinball. You hit him, he bounces right off and keeps on going. He doesn't run you over, he just makes you look stupid on the field.

Or Najee Harris.

If I remember correctly, didn't Boobie have a tendency to dance around a little?

msstatelp1
10-11-2020, 07:35 PM
I think Cooter has handled it really well on how he reported this, and then a few throw certain name(s) out there and assume (ass u me) it is a certain player. Some need to remember there are some who read this board that don't have MSU's best interest in mind too.

well what do you expect to happen when someone does the "well I heard this but I ain't mentioning any names but..." then doesn't disagree if someone else guesses wrong. This cryptic shit gets so tiring. Have the balls to mention names or STFU.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2020, 07:37 PM
Yeah I'm guessing the players got used to "uncle Joe" kissing their butt and ain't happy with leach cracking the whip.

That won't work actually anywhere, but especially in the South and the SEC. It will come back to bite those coaches in the butt. As it did. It didn't work for OM back when some of those prima donnas were basically running the OM football program. Arguing and telling coaches what they were going to do and not do.

yjnkdawg
10-11-2020, 07:44 PM
One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 07:53 PM
One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.

Who did that? Costello?

KOdawg1
10-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Who did that? Costello?

Yes.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 07:55 PM
That won't work actually anywhere, but especially in the South and the SEC. It will come back to bite those coaches in the butt. As it did. It didn't work for OM back when some of those prima donnas were basically running the OM football program. Arguing and telling coaches what they were going to do and not do.

Yep.

Mobile Bay
Or Najee Harris.

If I remember correctly, didn't Boobie have a tendency to dance around a little?

A little, but he would lay a shoulder. And don't forget his egg bowl leap

As far as Najee Harriss, I think they inject him with horse testosterone before every game.

parabrave
Talked to a former player who played under Bellard. He basically said Leach should never put up with the players crap and he needs to crack the whip.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 07:56 PM

I've also thought it was strange, but assumed Coach Leach must be OK with it, or it would be corrected immediately. I've seen 4 or 5 interviews where KJ just calls him "Leach."

I remember (either from his book or just from interviews) that Leach is big on discipline, but on stuff that he thinks matters, not necessarily what others think matters. Like he doesn't care what players do with their hair or beards and doesn't use that as punishment. Perhaps calling him "Leach" is something that doesn't bother him?

Irondawg
10-11-2020, 07:57 PM
I still see the Mitchell thing different than some of y’all. The defensive player had a stronger position relative to the ball to me and those pass are generally thrown up high so the wr doesn’t have to reach around the body of the defender to get it. It’s hard me to look at that play and call it total lack of effort

Skydawg1
10-11-2020, 08:02 PM
One thing I have heard this year, that I have never heard before, is a player calling his coach by his last name at a media press conference or interview. and not Coach or Coach Whoever. That may be a California thing but it sure seems to be very disrespectful to your coach in my opinion.Yes, I thought that was very strange.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Yes, I thought that was very strange.

When I was in professional school on the West Coast in Seattle my teacher told me not to call her ma'am or Mrs. because it was disrespectful and was like calling her an old woman. So I think it's a west coast thing.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 08:11 PM
I still see the Mitchell thing different than some of y’all. The defensive player had a stronger position relative to the ball to me and those pass are generally thrown up high so the wr doesn’t have to reach around the body of the defender to get it. It’s hard me to look at that play and call it total lack of effort

A lot of QB's are taught to throw the ball low if the receiver is at the front of the goal line. Osiris should have never lost that ball whether it was thrown high or low.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 08:22 PM
After reading 5 pages of code I've pretty much come up with the conclusion that: 1) players need to stfu and do what their coach tells them because he was hired to be in charge and run the show(and out of respect because he is the coach) 2) if players don't stfu and give 100% they can hit the damn road and start playing the players who have guts and will play all out for Leach

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 08:22 PM
When I was in professional school on the West Coast in Seattle my teacher told me not to call her ma'am or Mrs. because it was disrespectful and was like calling her an old woman. So I think it's a west coast thing.

There was a 4-star testifying before Congress a few years ago (the Senate, I think), and the general referred to the female senator who was questioning him as "ma'am". She jumped his butt right there - told him to call her "Senator". I thought that was really poor behavior on her part. I think she was from California, may have been Feinstein. He was just being courteous. I'm sure he would call the male senators "sir".

bluelightstar
10-11-2020, 08:27 PM
After reading 5 pages of code I've pretty much come up with the conclusion that: 1) players need to stfu and do what their coach tells them because he was hired to be in charge and run the show(and out of respect because he is the coach) 2) if players don't stfu and give 100% they can hit the damn road and start playing the players who have guts and will play all out for Leach

Maybe leach should show up on time to his own team meetings**

HailStateSZN19
10-11-2020, 08:32 PM
NM

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 08:34 PM

Nope

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 08:37 PM
NM

It's not the first time it's happened.

LC Dawg
10-11-2020, 08:38 PM
Cam Akers went to FSU. Kylin Hill chose Mississippi State when he could have gone many places. Maybe his career hasn't gone exactly as some of you fans think it should have gone but it's a shitty look to bash him as much as he gets bashed by some of you.
If Coach Leach has a problem he needs to deal with it and get it over with instead of throwing something cryptic out at a press conference following the most embarrassing performance of his career.
Just my opinion.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 08:39 PM

Heck I was hoping Max Borghi would follow Leach to State. Good back for what Leach does.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 08:43 PM
I still see the Mitchell thing different than some of y?all. The defensive player had a stronger position relative to the ball to me and those pass are generally thrown up high so the wr doesn?t have to reach around the body of the defender to get it. It?s hard me to look at that play and call it total lack of effort

Mitchell has a history of poor effort and poor attitude so he's lost the benefit of the doubt.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 08:48 PM
It's not the first time it's happened.

Leach was probably trying to show the players what it feels like when they don't show up.**

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2020, 08:58 PM
Good lord, it's only 2 losses.

Leach has a great track record and will get this figured out.

Trust that and stop whining. It's bullshit

If people are thinking about quitting after 2 losses, and that's what it is because not a damn one of them wanted to quit after LSU, then 17 them. They're the most mentally weak group I've ever seen.

JoMo ruined the culture and it'll take a little time to fix.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 08:58 PM
Nope

So players should say F the coach? If the coach is not doing his job, then fire him with cause. Is he not doing his job?

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 09:01 PM

If people are thinking about quitting after 2 losses, and that's what it is because not a damn one of them wanted to quit after LSU, then 17 them. They're the most mentally weak group I've ever seen.

Many of our fans wanted to fire Cohen after year one too as a baseball coach.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 09:04 PM

I'm thinking like you. JoMo castrated some of these guys.

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2020, 09:06 PM
Many of our fans wanted to fire Cohen after year one too as a baseball coach.

Dumbasses

Just complete dumbasses

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 09:11 PM

Have you seen how people on this board whine and complain and many have called for Leach's head after game 3? It goes to show just how crazy and unreasonable people have become. If people are acting like that on this board (some of which appears like they have MSU connections although IDK for sure) I'm not confident that our administration will handle this appropriately. Mullen had the benefit of following Croom but the success we found under Mullen has given some people on here the idea that we are beyond where we were not even a decade ago. You'd think the way people have hammered JoMo and now Leach that they took over a team that won SEC championships and competed for National Titles. We never won the SEC and after a miracle 2014 the wheels fell off after Bama and we dropped to OM and GT in the bowl. Heck we only finished above .500 in conference play one time under Mullen in 9 years and the rest we were at best middle of the pack. Some of our fanbase after tasting a little bit of success have been absolutely toxic since Mullen.

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2020, 09:15 PM
Have you seen how people on this board whine and complain and many have called for Leach's head after game 3? It goes to show just how crazy and unreasonable people have become. If people are acting like that on this board (some of which appears like they have MSU connections although IDK for sure) I'm not confident that our administration will handle this appropriately. Mullen had the benefit of following Croom but the success we found under Mullen has given some people on here the idea that we are beyond where we were not even a decade ago. You'd think the way people have hammered JoMo and now Leach that they took over a team that won SEC championships and competed for National Titles. We never won the SEC and after a miracle 2014 the wheels fell off after Bama and we dropped to OM and GT in the bowl. Heck we only finished above .500 in conference play one time under Mullen in 9 years and the rest we were at best middle of the pack. Some of our fanbase after tasting a little bit of success have been absolutely toxic since Mullen.

Yes. People would never lack perspective like this in their real jobs. It does explain why the divorce rate is so high though.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Yes. People would never lack perspective like this in their real jobs. It does explain why the divorce rate is so high though.

+1 and rep given!

maroonmania
10-11-2020, 09:19 PM
One comment on KJ is that Leach is going to put the QB on the field who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. He is not worried about hurting anyone's feelings. If he thinks Will Rogers is our best QB he will put him in and will sit the 5th year SR. Just because you are a grad transfer it doesn't automatically entitle you to the starting position. Would be pretty weird if a true FR was already ahead of a guy that's a graduate transfer P5 starting QB, but if he is, I don't think Leach will hesitate to play him. One thing that others have pointed out is that the Leach system is very similar to what Rogers played in HS. Its a brand new animal for Costello who has pretty much always been a strict pro set QB.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 09:20 PM

This is the proper perspective. Ain't gonna fix what JoMo tore up overnight.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 09:21 PM
One comment on KJ is that Leach is going to put the QB on the field who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. He is not worried about hurting anyone's feelings. If he thinks Will Rogers is our best QB he will put him in and will sit the 5th year SR. Just because you are a grad transfer it doesn't automatically entitle you to the starting position. Would be pretty weird if a true FR was already ahead of a guy that's a graduate transfer P5 starting QB, but if he is, I don't think Leach will hesitate to play him. One thing that others have pointed out is that the Leach system is very similar to what Rogers played in HS. Its a brand new animal for Costello who has pretty much always been a strict pro set QB.

And Rogers has been sidelined by COVID. And Shrader moved to receiver so it kind of defaulted to Costello.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 09:22 PM
Wow I'm out of the Red! Thanks!

TrapGame
10-11-2020, 09:23 PM
This is the proper perspective. Ain't gonna fix what JoMo tore up overnight.

Based on some stuff I've heard Joe was as tough as whip cream on the players. They could do just about anything they wanted to. There was zero responsibility.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 09:25 PM
So players should say F the coach? If the coach is not doing his job, then fire him with cause. Is he not doing his job?

I think the coaches need to do their jobs and show up when a meeting or practice is scheduled. I think there's a complete breakdown in communication. And yes, some kids need to get right.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 09:29 PM
Based on some stuff I've heard Joe was as tough as whip cream on the players. They could do just about anything they wanted to. There was zero responsibility.

I mean- Joe took them to a water park. Could you see Saban ever doing that?

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 09:31 PM

I've heard the same. I was patient with Joe but the things I heard before the Tennessee game last year, how we played in that game and then what happened after that game told me it was all over. And then of course his wonderful pc after the Egg and then the crap show that was our bowl game prep and bowl game. I mean not only did the wheels come off, the car was in flames and all occupants were doa.

Cowbell
10-11-2020, 09:31 PM

Thanks - very helpful

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 09:35 PM
I think the coaches need to do their jobs and show up when a meeting or practice is scheduled. I think there's a complete breakdown in communication. And yes, some kids need to get right.

Gotcha. This is very disheartening if our coaches are not fulfilling their duties. Being on time for your job is one of those duties, in my opinion. That sets a terrible tone for your players.

maroonmania
10-11-2020, 09:40 PM

Yep, including not taking their own tests in online classes. Some folks wanted to give JoMo a pass on that but it spoke volumes to me as a huge "culture problem". You can have 1 or 2 bad apples but 10 made it clear it was systemic. Also, the water park trip made me raise an eyebrow as well as no longer going out on the farm as Mullen had done.

Mjoelner34
10-11-2020, 09:43 PM
..... Also, the water park trip made me raise an eyebrow as well as no longer going out on the farm as Mullen had done.

The people's eyebrow?
<image deleted. it was so large that it was disturbing but you can guess what it was>

NCMSTFAN
10-11-2020, 09:58 PM

I noticed that too when KJ spoke about Leach

Jarius
10-11-2020, 10:00 PM
I have to wonder if the coaches are doing the not showing up on time on purpose. I can remember in basic training standing at parade rest in formation waiting on our drill SGT’s for hours at a time and they did it for a reason.

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 10:02 PM
I mean- Joe took them to a water park. Could you see Saban ever doing that?

He does do stuff like that. Take them to his lake house and such.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 10:06 PM
I have to wonder if the coaches are doing the not showing up on time on purpose. I can remember in basic training standing at parade rest in formation waiting on our drill SGT’s for hours at a time and they did it for a reason.

Sure makes me wonder. If it just started I'm on your side, but if it's been like this from the beginning, I'm not so sure. If it's not on purpose, how in the heck do coaches of all people not show up on time?

defiantdog
10-11-2020, 10:09 PM
He does do stuff like that. Take them to his lake house and such.

Only recruits..... not once they're on the team. Similar to Mullen bringing the recruits to his house.

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Only recruits..... not once they're on the team. Similar to Mullen bringing the recruits to his house.

No, he has done it for the whole team. A couple of times a year.

defiantdog
10-11-2020, 10:28 PM
No, he has done it for the whole team. A couple of times a year.
I guarantee the whole team doesn't go to his lake house a couple times a year..... guarantee

confucius say
10-11-2020, 10:30 PM
Certainly not in the middle of fall camp

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 10:33 PM

He takes them to his lake house and boat riding when they check in just before the start of fall camp. All players. At least that's what I remember from Rolling with the Tide - Training Days.

ZedFedder
10-11-2020, 10:53 PM
I think some (a lot) of you guys are digging way further than you have to.

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 10:59 PM
He takes them to his lake house and boat riding when they check in just before the start of fall camp. All players. At least that's what I remember from Rolling with the Tide - Training Days.

Yep.

They don't all go the same day. But it happens.

msu15
10-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Good lord reading some of the posts from a couple of people on here, why should we even take the damn field next Saturday? "Leach sucks, I'm over this experiment, it'll never work etc.". We just hired the most successful coach that we have had before coming to MSU since Jackie and we have people wanting him gone 3 games in. Can the man at least try to build his ****ing program before we kick him to the curb?

StoneDawg
10-11-2020, 11:25 PM
Good lord reading some of the posts from a couple of people on here, why should we even take the damn field next Saturday? "Leach sucks, I'm over this experiment, it'll never work etc.". We just hired the most successful coach that we have had before coming to MSU since Jackie and we have people wanting him gone 3 games in. Can the man at least try to build his ****ing program before we kick him to the curb?

^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^

Bunch of cry babies on this board. Give it time. Nobody thought this was going to be a great year. Our program was a dumpster fire last year. As long as we don?t get delay of game on the first play and our linebacker doesn?t knock out our QB we are improving. Please step back from the ledge.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
10-12-2020, 08:56 AM
Or Najee Harris.

Yes, he did it finally got some better later.

DownwardDawg
10-12-2020, 09:11 AM
I've heard the same. I was patient with Joe but the things I heard before the Tennessee game last year, how we played in that game and then what happened after that game told me it was all over. And then of course his wonderful pc after the Egg and then the crap show that was our bowl game prep and bowl game. I mean not only did the wheels come off, the car was in flames and all occupants were doa.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again.

coachnorm
10-12-2020, 09:21 PM

We do not want Lane Kiffin showing a MSU recruit this statement. Remember, there is a huge social media evolution evolving in both high school and college football thru-out America coast to coast. Whether you are right or wrong, it does not matter because perceptions are everything.

StateDawg44
10-12-2020, 10:02 PM
We do not want Lane Kiffin showing a MSU recruit this statement. Remember, there is a huge social media evolution evolving in both high school and college football thru-out America coast to coast. Whether you are right or wrong, it does not matter because perceptions are everything.

I mean if it steers a half-ass player or a cancer away from our locker room and puts it in theirs so be it.

coachnorm
10-12-2020, 10:26 PM
I mean if it steers a half-ass player or a cancer away from our locker room and puts it in theirs so be it.

The locker room status is not the point. The point is a poster used WOK and BLM in his post. You can bet that this post is filed by our recruiting opposition. You can bet that this could very well factor in future recruiting. The game of football is being impacted by social media at the high school and college level. A recruit could feel that he does not want to play in front of certain types of fans based on what he gets on social media. A 5 star recruit goes to the NFL whether he plays for Alabama or San Jose State? The upscale players can determine their own fate without a major college. A major college can not determine its fate without the premium players. This is being learned thru social media?

Medic601
10-12-2020, 10:55 PM
Jesus. We are 3 games into a new era of football at Mississippi State and I just read the posts that I did? From what I gathered... Leach and Cohen are trading blows and one will be fired by Wednesday morning, roughly 15-20 players turned in their jersey today and are no longer on the team, we will no longer have a football team due to not enough players, Leach was mean to some players and hurt their feelings, Leach isn’t putting in the effort to win games, Cohen is mulling
Over firing him 3 games into a season, etc. did I miss anything? ��

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-12-2020, 11:33 PM
Although I expect that our strength and conditioning will soon be not up to par for a majority of the fan base.

TNDawg35
10-12-2020, 11:35 PM
The locker room status is not the point. The point is a poster used WOK and BLM in his post. You can bet that this post is filed by our recruiting opposition. You can bet that this could very well factor in future recruiting. The game of football is being impacted by social media at the high school and college level. A recruit could feel that he does not want to play in front of certain types of fans based on what he gets on social media. A 5 star recruit goes to the NFL whether he plays for Alabama or San Jose State? The upscale players can determine their own fate without a major college. A major college can not determine its fate without the premium players. This is being learned thru social media?

So you mean a school who is called Rebels, has statues and won’t take them down, a school who is Named OLE MISS (hopefully you know the meaning of that), a school who not too long ago had to ban the confederate flag from their stadium because they waved it all the time..... wants to use a post from a message board that says two sayings and is a opinion of one “fan”, no offense WMD.... trying to
Make a point....

Dude, there is shit like this on every message board. Leach could find a whole damn file on Nafoom or 247 to use... chill out man...

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 02:13 AM
So you mean a school who is called Rebels, has statues and won’t take them down, a school who is Named OLE MISS (hopefully you know the meaning of that), a school who not too long ago had to ban the confederate flag from their stadium because they waved it all the time..... wants to use a post from a message board that says two sayings and is a opinion of one “fan”, no offense WMD.... trying to
Make a point....

Dude, there is shit like this on every message board. Leach could find a whole damn file on Nafoom or 247 to use... chill out man...

And we won't do it because we're "nice".

Todd4State
10-13-2020, 02:14 AM
Although I expect that our strength and conditioning will soon be not up to par for a majority of the fan base.

That was definitely a huge issue last year. That appears to be fixed- and will only get better once we get back to a normal football year. Right now it's about fixing attitudes.

BeardoMSU
10-13-2020, 08:04 AM

Jesus Christ at the projecting here.... Sorry you lost your flag, bud (As they say, time heals all wounds**), but yes, lets pile on the black football player who is born and raised in MS for not "just shutting up and playing ball". Seriously, this type of infantile speculation is gross.