PDA

View Full Version : USA today article just smashed Leach said he threw the players under the bus when...

99jc
10-11-2020, 02:12 PM
all the blame goes on him. Never seen media or fanbase turn on a coach like a rabid Dawg as quick as this. I am usually the first one to trash a coach but i say hold up on this and see what the season brings. If he is as good a coach as i perceive he is we should see something different in Starkvegas next week. Hail State!

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 02:18 PM
He didn't throw the players under the bus. He called attention to some that aren't doing what's necessary. Before he said it, he said the coaches have to do better too. The media is garbage.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 02:19 PM
He didn't throw the players under the bus. He called attention to some that aren't doing what's necessary. Before he said it, he said the coaches have to do better too. The media is garbage.

This 100%.

Dogbone
10-11-2020, 02:23 PM
Media has always hated Leach!

schddog72
10-11-2020, 02:29 PM
all the blame goes on him. Never seen media or fanbase turn on a coach like a rabid Dawg as quick as this. I am usually the first one to trash a coach but i say hold up on this and see what the season brings. If he is as good a coach as i perceive he is we should see something different in Starkvegas next week. Hail State!

Fake news.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 02:38 PM

Some media don't like him for his political views, plain and simple and want to see him fail.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 02:48 PM

Exactly. And Leach is with the players every day, and knows who's pulling their share of the weight and who's not. The USA Today writer isn't there.

99jc
10-11-2020, 02:57 PM
When i read this i thought it was written by a liberal democratic

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Joe Moorhead was a terrible leader. He didn't have the balls to get on the players asses or hold them to a necessary standard. He cultivated a terrible culture within our program. It's still seeping into it a little. And we fans have screamed fire people and belittled kids too much too.
This may or ma not work out. But we've reached a point we've got to let it play out instead of constantly demanding change. It's one thing to vent during and right after the games (I do it), it's another to want to burn it all down.

99jc
10-11-2020, 03:01 PM
Joe Moorhead was a terrible leader. He didn't have the balls to get on the players asses or hold them to a necessary standard. He cultivated a terrible culture within our program. It's still seeping into it a little. And we fans have screamed fire people and belittled kids too much too.
This may or ma not work out. But we've reached a point we've got to let it play out instead of constantly demanding change. It's one thing to vent during and right after the games (I do it), it's another to want to burn it all down.

I agree i will jump off the band wagon when its a dumpster fire and not before.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 03:03 PM

You're on a roll man, keep bringing it!

No rep left to give you!

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Some media don't like him for his political views, plain and simple and want to see him fail.

Yawn. Most coaches are conservative. It's not like Leach is Tweeting photos of his wife and "MAGA" signs like a certain former coach we (including me) all liked.

msstate7
10-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Yawn. Most coaches are conservative. It's not like Leach is Tweeting photos of his wife and "MAGA" signs like a certain former coach we (including me) all liked.

Who?

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 03:07 PM
You're on a roll man, keep bringing it!

No rep left to give you!

He is bringing a little sanity to the board ain't he?

Cowbell
10-11-2020, 03:08 PM

This was all started by a tweet by Tyler Horka where he purposefully took Leach out of context. That guy needs his credentials pulled yesterday. He is a drama queen who knows nothing about the game of football.

msstate7
10-11-2020, 03:09 PM
He is bringing a little sanity to the board ain't he?

Ehhh, I guess. He was saying the same things early on for Moorhead too though. He was clearly wrong then, and only time will tell on leach.

bluelightstar
10-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Who?

Mullen. They were not at all shy about their political leanings. (Which is why I completely disagree that people are after Leach because of his politics)

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 03:15 PM
This was all started by a tweet by Tyler Horka where he purposefully took Leach out of context. That guy needs his credentials pulled yesterday. He is a drama queen who knows nothing about the game of football.

Anything for clicks man, screw context, the media doesn't care anymore it's all about clicks and views, doesn't matter if it's a half truth.

msstate7
10-11-2020, 03:17 PM
Mullen. They were not at all shy about their political leanings. (Which is why I completely disagree that people are after Leach because of his politics)

I alway just sorta through Mullen would be a Democrat. Not sure why.

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 03:21 PM
Ehhh, I guess. He was saying the same things early on for Moorhead too though. He was clearly wrong then, and only time will tell on leach.

I gave Moorhead a little time myself. What drove me nuts fairly quickly on Moorhead was his PCs quoting bullshit stats to show how good we were when we weren't. That and how soft physically we became. Constantly patting the players on the backs too.

Leach ain't making it look all rosy. He told it like it was and didn't toss individual players under the bus but let it be known that coaches ain't coaching up to par and players need to tighten up too. I don't think there will be much back patting going on this week. We're also in good shape physically. Last night was lack of effort or massive confusion by the offense more than anything else.

Leach has a history of being successful. I'm not saying yet that he won't have to make adjustments but his biggest problem right now is QB. He ain't got one unless Rogers progresses rapidly. I don't think KJ gonna cut it.

msstate7
10-11-2020, 03:27 PM
I was 100% behind the hire of leach. I wanna believe. Leach, you will see this same defense for 3rd straight week. Show me you can do something, anything vs this defense! I wanna believe

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 03:29 PM

I haven't gone to FEC.gov to research this, but I think it's safe to say a majority P5 coaches are conservative. So the fact that Leach is too isn't going to single him out for anything.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 03:33 PM
And there are a ton of trolls on all the State boards. More than I've ever seen. They're starting up the fire everybody stuff in many cases. Have a little common sense. And yes, Horka is a fool. I think he's a Texas fan, so that would explain a lot.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 03:36 PM
I don't know if Leach is the answer or not. What I do know is you can't tell anything about his future here after 3 games. I do see better effort, guys in better shape, and a much improved defense. We've been extremely sloppy on offense and had like 6 empty red zone trips and 2 pick 6s and another int that was practically a pick 6 over the last 2 weeks. Just take away the turnovers(and yea I know you can't) and we're 3-0. Lot of things that can be corrected, let's give him a chance to see if he can.

TrapGame
10-11-2020, 03:37 PM
I was 100% behind the hire of leach. I wanna believe. Leach, you will see this same defense for 3rd straight week. Show me you can do something, anything vs this defense! I wanna believe

I see us beating Vandy and maybe...maybe...Mizzou. That's it. I think the A&M game will be a repeat of the last two.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 03:38 PM
And there are a ton of trolls on all the State boards. More than I've ever seen. They're starting up the fire everybody stuff in many cases. Have a little common sense. And yes, Horka is a fool. I think he's a Texas fan, so that would explain a lot.

Then he should be on the fire Tom Herman bandwagon 😂, and yes that does explain a lot.

Mobile Bay
10-11-2020, 03:39 PM

You do know Mike Leach got on stage with Trump in a rally before the 2016 election right?

msstate7
10-11-2020, 03:40 PM
I see us beating Vandy and maybe...maybe...Mizzou. That's it. I think the A&M game will be a repeat of the last two.

I don't expect to win this week. I can live with losing to a better team. I do want and EXPECT us to look better offensively though

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 03:41 PM
You do know Mike Leach got on stage with Trump in a rally before the 2016 election right?

Yes, I have by far the biggest Mike Leach fanboy on the MSU message board scene for the last decade plus.

maroonmania
10-11-2020, 04:06 PM

Might as well just get behind this hire and hope that it works itself out. We did a VERY non-MSU thing and pulled the trigger on a guy after 2 years even though he had a winning record. While I absolutely believe it was the right move, we have now paid off Morehead and have a coach in place with roughly a 20 million dollar contract (4 years @ 5mil). We used up our quick trigger on JoMo so Leach isn't going anywhere anytime soon. We better support him and the players as best we know how and keep our fingers crossed that he will get it fixed. I don't really see that we have an alternative and any other attitude is just cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 04:07 PM
I'll say this about our players. They've played for three coaching staffs in some cases. I've seen a lot of the same shit from some of them no matter who was coaching them. I'm getting tired of supporting it. Especially with how some of them act on social media.

Asking our players to play hard or our receivers who have been coached by three guys now who have NFL coaching experience to recognize zone vs man coverage isn't too much to ask for.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a couple guys.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 04:14 PM
Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a could guys.

Yep big difference in decisiveness between kJ and the qbs leach has had in the past. kJ either doesn't know what he's seeing, or just can't process it fast enough, either way he hesitates to much and then aims the ball when he's throwing. This offense is designed for timing and quick read by the qb, kJ ain't getting it done. Agreed on some of the wrs.

TrapGame
10-11-2020, 04:22 PM
I don't expect to win this week. I can live with losing to a better team. I do want and EXPECT us to look better offensively though

I'm not getting my hopes up for any real improvement.

Bothrops
10-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Media has always hated Leach!

They hate Leach and Mississippi State

maroonmania
10-11-2020, 04:44 PM
They hate Leach and Mississippi State

Yep, its going to be bad when things aren't going well given neither Leach nor MSU has any friends in the national media.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 04:46 PM
Until we have a QB that doesn't take a week to read things and can make the correct checks, improvement won't happen. I'm almost certain KJ isn't the answer. Rogers will have his growing pains too. Need to switch out some WRs too. I've seen enough from a couple guys.

Yep big difference in decisiveness between kJ and the qbs leach has had in the past. kJ either doesn't know what he's seeing, or just can't process it fast enough, either way he hesitates to much and then aims the ball when he's throwing. This offense is designed for timing and quick read by the qb, kJ ain't getting it done. Agreed on some of the wrs.

KJ is one of the guys I'm talking about even though he is a Leach guy. The guy has no clue what to do against a prevent defense essentially. And we all know what they say about prevent defense preventing you from winning.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 04:49 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up for any real improvement.

At this point we should be playing for the future. I want to see Will Rogers start. Let him and Costello compete next year for the job and see if Costello can learn the system or not. Unless Costello just wants to quit.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 04:51 PM
KJ is one of the guys I'm talking about even though he is a Leach guy. The guy has no clue what to do against a prevent defense essentially. And we all know what they say about prevent defense preventing you from winning.

Right. Heck kj threw a pass on third and five when he was 3 yards over the line of scrimmage and could've run for a first down. That's a guy that's out of it mentally. He's confused bad.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 04:55 PM
I alway just sorta through Mullen would be a Democrat. Not sure why.

Probably because he was from New England. I really never thought about it, but would have assumed he was a Dem had I been asked.

I'll guess most P5 head coaches lean left rather than right, but that's just a guess based perhaps on Saban.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Right. Heck kj threw a pass on third and five when he was 3 yards over the line of scrimmage and could've run for a first down. That's a guy that's out of it mentally. He's confused bad.

It's insane how much he has fallen in two weeks. I've never seen anything like it. The potential is clearly there. And our offense is supposed to be really easy to learn. So it's not too complex or it shouldn't be for someone that went to Stanford. And like I've said before Leach's system is so QB driven where the QB is making the call that if he is confused or doesn't know where people are going it's dead in the water.

RocketDawg
10-11-2020, 04:57 PM

That's not something you see out of a senior QB every day. I guess he had no idea where he was on the field, but he could have easily made the first down. Maybe Leach doesn't want the quarterbacks running.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 05:01 PM
That's not something you see out of a senior QB every day. I guess he had no idea where he was on the field, but he could have easily made the first down. Maybe Leach doesn't want the quarterbacks running.

Logically speaking here- why would Leach who doesn't care about anything care if the QB runs for a first down on a scramble or not?

I think he was taught to throw the ball if someone is open and when he was scrambling he lost where he was on the field and instead of getting the first down he threw it to a wide open receiver that he caught a glimpse of. It's lack of awareness on the field.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 05:04 PM

Agree with all this and is exactly how I feel. Great post.

TrapGame
10-11-2020, 05:09 PM

His field awareness the last two games has been awful. He's playing like the true freshman not a grad transfer w/ plenty of experience.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 05:13 PM
His field awareness the last two games has been awful. He's playing like the true freshman not a grad transfer w/ plenty of experience.

Yeah he looks completely lost the last 2 weeks. Its astounding how terrible he's been. I mean his play has been beyond putrid.

Leach said it in his pc that part of the problem is our qbs aren't in the right place.

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 05:18 PM

Yeah he looks completely lost the last 2 weeks. Its astounding how terrible he's been. I mean his play has been beyond putrid.

Leach said it in his pc that part of the problem is our qbs aren't in the right place.

Pretty sure your talking about his eyes, and yes I assume he's talking about not seeing the open receivers or not seeing where they are going to come open and hitting them on time.

Edit: not sure why it added cooters post

Commercecomet24
10-11-2020, 05:24 PM
Pretty sure your talking about his eyes, and yes I assume he's talking about not seeing the open receivers or not seeing where they are going to come open and hitting them on time.

Edit: not sure why it added cooters post

Yeah he's just not seeing the field or showing any field awareness at all.