PDA

View Full Version : A few obvious problems we have this year

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 12:24 PM
1. This is a transition year. Don't cram a square peg in round hole at the expense of losing the fanbase, team, program. Well that is where we are. This was my fear with Leach. He only knows one way. Mullen took Croom players and competed from day one, not necessarily his system or what he wanted to do. Moorhead was like Leach, this is what I'm gonna do regardless. Not saying Leach shouldn't do his system, after all that is what we bought, but must be measured until his players can do it. I am still hopeful he can eventually figure it out but at what cost?

2. Here is my concern when we hired him and why I don't like the air raid. You are one dimensional. Any one dimensional team in the SEC will not compete for championships. That has been MSU for 4+ decades. Run ball well, good D but missing a passing game. Teams load the box and eventually you get stalled against good teams. We are same now but in reverse but even worse. Now we turn the ball over 4-6 times a game and 1 or 2 of the for direct points for the other team. This is what happens when you throw 70 times.

Answer for Leach to be successfull?

He must adapt and treat this year as transition year and do enough to at least keep us in some games.

He must at some point find some balance for MSU and him to be successful in the SEC.

We are in dangerous territory right now as two bad hires in a row would be a death penalty on us. Even Bama almost didn't survive this with Dubose, Shula, Franconi, Price, etc.