PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else pulling for Stanford tonight...

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 01:37 PM
so that we can get chaos at the top of the BCS? Personally I think FSU is better than Oregon, so I would rather see Bama/FSU in the Title. But I'm also not sure that Bama wins out. I would love for Oklahoma to beat Baylor, Stanford beat Oregon, LSU beat Bama, FSU lose to some nobody, and Ohio State lose, and there be no undefeateds. The more chaos, the more fun.

BulldogBear
11-07-2013, 01:44 PM
I'll be for Stanford but just to take Oregon out. Somehow I can't pull against Baylor in this one. I personally would like to see SEC streak continue. I'm afraid if Bama drops one, they won't be in the title game if there are 2 other undefeateds. So, they must go down!! Go TREES!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-07-2013, 01:45 PM
so that we can get chaos at the top of the BCS? Personally I think FSU is better than Oregon, so I would rather see Bama/FSU in the Title. But I'm also not sure that Bama wins out. I would love for Oklahoma to beat Baylor, Stanford beat Oregon, LSU beat Bama, FSU lose to some nobody, and Ohio State lose, and there be no undefeateds. The more chaos, the more fun.
I agree, it would be the perfect ending to the cluster that has been the BCS.

It_Could_Happen
11-07-2013, 01:49 PM
1. I'm pulling for Baylor because I'm a huge art briles fan.

2. I'm not pulling for Oregon or Stanford I'm pulling for the over.

Schultzy
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
I want a bunch of undefeateds at the end of the year. That would be chaos.

dawgs
11-07-2013, 01:59 PM
if you really want chaos you should want bama, oregon, f$u, ohio st, and baylor to all run the table. once teams lose the level of bitching decreases even if there's an argument for 1 1-loss team over another 1-loss team.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Coach, will you put some odds up for tonight's games

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Wait, are Stanford and Oregon playing on a Thursday night?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Wait, are Stanford and Oregon playing on a Thursday night?
Yes, along with Oklahoma and Baylor...makes no sense for these 2 conferences to compete on a Thursday night.

engie
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Pulling for Stanford and think they've got a great shot at the upset... Expecting a tremendous defensive gameplan from them tonight...

dawgs
11-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Pulling for Stanford and think they've got a great shot at the upset... Expecting a tremendous defensive gameplan from them tonight...

like the gameplan from 2 years ago when oregon hung 52 on them? i think people are reading too much into last year's game when oregon definitely helped stanford's D look great. going into last year's game no one expected stanford would be able to slow oregon after the previous 2 seasons when stanford had a great D but oregon dominated them. different year, different matchups, different HC for oregon, mariota is a year wiser. i think oregon rolls.

dawgs
11-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Yes, along with Oklahoma and Baylor...makes no sense for these 2 conferences to compete on a Thursday night.

well foxsports is pushing their new channel. and i don't think back when they scheduled the thurs night game that they expected baylor-oklahoma to have the national appeal it does.

hailmari
11-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing FSU vs Oregon in the NC, personally. I'm not an SEC loyalist, just a State loyalist.

This weekend will be Bama's chance to do something actually impressive this year.

Vandownbytheriver
11-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Hell no. I don't want the dominoes to fall for Ohio State to back into the championship game with that bullshit schedule they've played.

engie
11-07-2013, 05:16 PM
like the gameplan from 2 years ago when oregon hung 52 on them? i think people are reading too much into last year's game when oregon definitely helped stanford's D look great. going into last year's game no one expected stanford would be able to slow oregon after the previous 2 seasons when stanford had a great D but oregon dominated them. different year, different matchups, different HC for oregon, mariota is a year wiser. i think oregon rolls.

I thought Oregon got exposed LAST WEEK by UCLA. In the end, UCLA tired, and Oregon pulled away in the 4th. We will see what happens.

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Hell no. I don't want the dominoes to fall for Ohio State to back into the championship game with that bullshit schedule they've played.

Florida State is currently #2 anyway.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Florida State is currently #2 anyway.

Yea I don't see FSU losing, so unless Bama loses, Ohio St will not be in the 'ship

GreaterCowbell
11-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't forget the legendary fighting Hud's will be playing Troy tonight on ESPN-U.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Don't forget the legendary fighting Hud's will be playing Troy tonight on ESPN-U.

That ought to show the anti-Huddites that we have been trying not to discuss it as much.

(Thanks for the reminder)

Quaoarsking
11-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm tired of the SEC streak. Let it end already. Everyone knows who the best conference is, regardless of which team wins the title, so I don't see how Alabama winning yet another title helps us any.

Plus, an Oregon-Baylor national title game would be pretty awesome.

gravedigger
11-07-2013, 07:51 PM
any school that puts the word THE in front of their nickname, school name, or whatever will automatically be rooted against by me.

But the school is great. That said, screw you THE Stanford trees.

That goes for you too The Ohio state ****nuts.

was21
11-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes

justwin
11-07-2013, 09:39 PM

true, chaos is the best remedy for this broken system. Although I want to see Oregon win out and play for the NC and win it and preferably beat Bama. Oregon just happened to run into the best player in the last 30 years and still almost beam Scam, ya know.

justwin
11-07-2013, 09:41 PM
any school that puts the word THE in front of their nickname, school name, or whatever will automatically be rooted against by me.

But the school is great. That said, screw you THE Stanford trees.

That goes for you too The Ohio state ****nuts.

f*&king hilarious!

engie
11-07-2013, 09:45 PM
true, chaos is the best remedy for this broken system. Although I want to see Oregon win out and play for the NC and win it and preferably beat Bama. Oregon just happened to run into the best player in the last 30 years and still almost beam Scam, ya know.

Bodybags would go on backorder with Oregon vs Saban with 5 weeks to prepare.