PDA

View Full Version : Post game pressor

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:42 PM
Did anyone else listen to Leachs post game pressor? I swear he said that there are some malcontents and they are about to be dealt with. Anyone hear that. It was near the end of the session.

msstate7
10-10-2020, 10:43 PM
I'm a malcontent too

Todd4State
That's what is being reported by the MSU media as a quote from the press conference.

Mobile Bay
Did anyone else listen to Leachs post game pressor? I swear he said that there are some malcontents and they are about to be dealt with. Anyone hear that. It was near the end of the session.

Got a link, I can't find it?

maroonmania
10-10-2020, 10:44 PM
In the fanbase or on the team??****

maroonmania
10-10-2020, 10:44 PM
I'm a malcontent too

Agree, how worried should we be?

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Youtube tomorrow I guess. But I heard him say it, didn't say if it was players coaches or obnoxious high school coaches.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:47 PM
If there are malcontents on the team why the hell are they not already gone?

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:49 PM

Check your inbox

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2020, 10:49 PM
Oh boy. If that's true. This is about to get real ugly for someone. Not sure if it's players or Leach.

maroonmania
10-10-2020, 10:50 PM

Probably because this is the kind of stuff you deal with in Spring. Only so much you can do in Fall camp and still play the season.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-10-2020, 10:51 PM
Leach needs to man up and own his shit show, that or resign

HancockCountyDog
10-10-2020, 10:52 PM
I posted in another thread, I don?t want a coach that blames the players after losses, but takes the credit after wins.

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:55 PM
I posted in another thread, I don?t want a coach that blames the players after losses, but takes the credit after wins.

Oh he blamed himself. But he also did a moorhead, "we look good in practice"

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2020, 10:56 PM

If there are "malcontents" kick there @ss off. NOW. i don't care if it's hill or whoever.

There is a difference between us as fans believing and players believing..

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:57 PM
Probably because this is the kind of stuff you deal with in Spring. Only so much you can do in Fall camp and still play the season.

I'm sorry- I'm tired of the no spring excuse especially when ****ing Arkansas has a better offense.

CJDAWG85
10-10-2020, 10:59 PM
I called this shit last week... how many adjustments did we make this week? ZERO. In fact, we went backwards. $5 Million a year for another Croom.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry- I'm tired of the no spring excuse especially when ****ing Arkansas has a better offense.

Yep. That is correct.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 11:00 PM
Leach kicked off a bunch of bad apples during his first year at Washington State too.

I was hoping we wouldn't have any here, but I guess it's not surprising that some players haven't handled the Moorhead -> Leach transition well.

dawgday166
10-10-2020, 11:00 PM

Probably because Leach has already taken heat for the "noose" joke and since then all the "wokeness" happened. Also, one of the malcontents is the one who stood up to have state flag changed. Leach isn't a politician but right now with what's going on in our society, he has to be careful here. Last year it would've been a different story I imagine. Now there's a high probability that Leach would automatically be wrong if he ran off some malcontents.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Probably because Leach has already taken heat for the "noose" joke and since then all the "wokeness" happened. Also, one of the malcontents is the one who stood up to have state flag changed. Leach isn't a politician but right now with what's going on in our society, he has to be careful here. Last year it would've been a different story I imagine. Now there's a high probability that Leach would automatically be wrong if he ran off some malcontents.

So you're just going to talk out of your ass and accuse Kylin Hill of being one of the malcontents?

I hated when Kylin Tweeted about how awful our fans are, but he had a point. Our own "fans" have been outrageously hard on him his whole career.

WinningIsRelentless
10-10-2020, 11:02 PM
I know what he is talking about and he best shut his damn mouth and make a change. His boy is going to cause him to lose the team. The malcontent goes away if everyone puts everything on the line.

ScoobaDawg
10-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Leach kicked off a bunch of bad apples during his first year at Washington State too.

I was hoping we wouldn't have any here, but I guess it's not surprising that some players haven't handled the Moorhead -> Leach transition well.

I would at least respect him if he kicked some a lager amount off after this season. Sh!t.

I mean what can he say.. honestly and know it has to change.

HE JUST had the WORST game of his career as a head coach. Not a SINGLE offensive point against F*CKING Kentucky.

the_real_MSU_is_us
I called this shit last week... how many adjustments did we make this week? ZERO. In fact, we went backwards. $5 Million a year for another Croom.

Leach doesn't adjust. Ever. He reps his system, recruits to his system, coaches his system, and eventually you wind up with 10-1 WSU or 11-1 TTU teams. He's won national coach of the year twice. But He never adjusts

dawgday166
So you're just going to talk out of your ass and accuse Kylin Hill of being one of the malcontents?

I hated when Kylin Tweeted about how awful our fans are, but he had a point. Our own "fans" have been outrageously hard on him his whole career.

Well ... I dunno. I just know he limps off 3 or 4 times every game only to come back a couple of plays later. That's what I've seen from him the whole time he's been here. I know if I was coach I would let him know this week if that happens again ... he ain't playing another down at MSU.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 11:04 PM

I see your point.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 11:06 PM
Leach doesn't adjust. Ever. He reps his system, recruits to his system, coaches his system, and eventually you wind up with 10-1 WSU or 11-1 TTU teams. He's won national coach of the year twice. But He never adjusts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurean_Henderson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Batch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Borghi

Historically, he's run it more when has a good RB and less when he doesn't. I think Kylin is as good as any of them, but we are totally inept when we try to run it with him. Very strange.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 11:07 PM
Well ... I dunno. I just know he limps off 3 or 4 times every game only to come back a couple of plays later. That's what I've seen from him the whole time he's been here. I know if I was coach I would let him know this week if that happens again ... he ain't playing another down at MSU.

The fact that he's been fragile under 3 head coaches right now doesn't mean that he's a locker room cancer who needs to be kicked off the team.

Cowbell
10-10-2020, 11:07 PM
That was a BS tweet by little boy Horka. Taken out of context. Cohen needs to pull his credentials.

WinningIsRelentless
10-10-2020, 11:09 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurean_Henderson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baron_Batch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Borghi

Historically, he's run it more when has a good RB and less when he doesn't. I think Kylin is as good as any of them, but we are totally inept when we try to run it with him. Very strange.

The speed and size of SEC defenses are just different.

msstate7
10-10-2020, 11:12 PM
That was a BS tweet by little boy Horka. Taken out of context. Cohen needs to pull his credentials.

What tweet?

defiantdog
10-10-2020, 11:13 PM
Just throwing this out there..... Costello calls the coach "Leach" and not coach. He also wasn't helped up by his team when he was on his ass a few times. I think I may know where the malcontent is leaning.

WinningIsRelentless
10-10-2020, 11:16 PM
Just throwing this out there..... Costello calls the coach "Leach" and not coach. He also wasn't helped up by his team when he was on his ass a few times. I think I may know where the malcontent is leaning.

We have ourselves a winner.

Cowbell
10-10-2020, 11:21 PM
What tweet?
I apologize as I don't know how to embed. He quoted "purge" and then added the narrative with his own words.

DeltaChicagoDog
10-10-2020, 11:23 PM
Leach just said there are some malcontents and he's gonna purge a few from the team. His words.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 11:25 PM

Again- I don't understand why he is playing then and not Rogers or Shrader. Rogers looked about the same and probably better but I can tolerate that from a freshman.

defiantdog
10-10-2020, 11:29 PM
Again- I don't understand why he is playing then and not Rogers or Shrader. Rogers looked about the same and probably better but I can tolerate that from a freshman.

Gotta put garrett in..... At least he wants to win

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 11:34 PM
Gotta put garrett in..... At least he wants to win

I'm fine with that if he's the best option. And you may very well be right that he is the best option. If nothing else at least he knows where the first down marker is- he may get helicoptered before he gets there but that's better than sliding two yards short.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 11:37 PM
I watched the Presser. Leach doesn't sound like a guy who plans on changing a single thing. Just says we need to execute better. Main problems are protection, we can't block 3 with 5. And receivers and QB not being on the same page. Drops, penalties and bad routes.

Steve sort of passively asked a good question about adding some variety to the run game. Leach said we did, but we have to block better. I think he just lied through that answer.

Getcha_a_Burner
10-10-2020, 11:39 PM
I'm out of the loop. Why isn't Mayden an option?

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 11:42 PM
I'm out of the loop. Why isn't Mayden an option?

Honestly- I've never seen him throw a pass beyond five yards in a game situation. But if he is the best option I have no problem with him playing.

defiantdog
10-10-2020, 11:53 PM
Honestly- I've never seen him throw a pass beyond five yards in a game situation. But if he is the best option I have no problem with him playing.

We haven't thrown a pass beyond 5 yards in two games either

BeardoMSU
10-10-2020, 11:54 PM

Watching our QB's have open field in front of them, where they could easily skip through the tulips to a 1st down, but chose to instead throw a wobbly pass into triple coverage just for it to be picked or battled away tells me that the scheme may need some adjustments....

To have zero threat to run form the QB is such a nonsensical approach. They're even running QBs in the NFL. This isn't an "offense"; it's a gimmick. And gimmicks never last.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 12:09 AM
The speed and size of SEC defenses are just different.

I hate statements like this. You'd think the entire SEC was full of alien freaks the way some people talk. Outside of the perennial blue bloods (in other conferences as well) it's not that different unless maybe we're talking about the MAC or Sunbelt. If averaged out on paper I'd bet the star distribution is quite close between the SEC, ACC, Big10, Big12, and Pac 12.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 12:19 AM
I hate statements like this. You'd think the entire SEC was full of alien freaks the way some people talk. Outside of the perennial blue bloods (in other conferences as well) it's not that different unless maybe we're talking about the MAC or Sunbelt. If averaged out on paper I'd bet the star distribution is quite close between the SEC, ACC, Big10, Big12, and Pac 12.

Not to mention the SEC has better receivers and offensive linemen than whatever 4th-rate no-names from California that Leach convinced to join him in Pullman for all those years. Is the gap between our receivers and SEC defenders really bigger than the gap between WSU's receivers and Pac-12 defenders?

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 12:20 AM
Watching our QB's have open field in front of them, where they could easily skip through the tulips to a 1st down, but chose to instead throw a wobbly pass into triple coverage just for it to be picked or battled away tells me that the scheme may need some adjustments....

To have zero threat to run form the QB is such a nonsensical approach. They're even running QBs in the NFL. This isn't an "offense"; it's a gimmick. And gimmicks never last.

If there is triple coverage- SOMEONE should be open. They're also running the Air Raid and Air Raid concepts in the NFL and this offense has worked for well over 20 years. So I think it's past gimmick stage.

Last time I checked we had SEC players too.

defiantdog
10-11-2020, 12:25 AM

The ACC has Clemson, the BIG10 has Ohio State, the BIG12 HAD Oklahoma, and the PAC12 has no one. We have had Auburn, Alabama, and LSU win national titles recently with UGA knocking on the door. The competition is more intense in the SEC. the other conferences have one or two games they have to worry about. We have to worry about every SEC game outside of Vandy.

hp22
10-11-2020, 12:25 AM
We haven't thrown a pass beyond 5 yards in two games either

Actually I do remember one

It was 4th and 1

BeardoMSU
10-11-2020, 12:27 AM
If there is triple coverage- SOMEONE should be open. They're also running the Air Raid and Air Raid concepts in the NFL and this offense has worked for well over 20 years. So I think it's past gimmick stage.

Oh, I agree, and that's my point. Teams in the NFL also run the QB when advantageous, they have more than 2 basic run plays, they use bootlegs, misdirection, etc.

We don't do any of that. It appears that Mike wants to run his offense his way or the highway. That's what I meant by gimmick. We have zero complexity or unpredictability to our scheme.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 12:41 AM
The ACC has Clemson, the BIG10 has Ohio State, the BIG12 HAD Oklahoma, and the PAC12 has no one. We have had Auburn, Alabama, and LSU win national titles recently with UGA knocking on the door. The competition is more intense in the SEC. the other conferences have one or two games they have to worry about. We have to worry about every SEC game outside of Vandy.

True if you're talking about current "winners" but I'm referring to talent on paper. On paper there's plenty of talent in those conferences.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 12:44 AM
Btw the malcontent story has found it's way onto the front page of ESPN in an article by Rittenberg. I agree and hope Leach does clean house of those that are detriments to the team but I feel like in this pc culture this could backfire on Leach. I hope not.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 12:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ40KPxy860

Bothrops
10-11-2020, 01:05 AM
**** me i can't believe this shit is happening with a proven coach and an elite rated quarterback. If the year 2020 had a football team it's ****ing us.

PKADogs55
10-11-2020, 05:08 AM

If he actually said that ... Id love to see it.

bulldawg28
10-11-2020, 05:35 AM
His Qb is causing the same problem as last year.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:09 AM

Agree, Horka is a trouble maker. He is one that needs to be gone.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:12 AM

Agree and why I hate the air raid. Will did make a few downfield completions past 5 not KJ

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:15 AM
I'm fine with that if he's the best option. And you may very well be right that he is the best option. If nothing else at least he knows where the first down marker is- he may get helicoptered before he gets there but that's better than sliding two yards short.

This is our answer right now. Garret can throw 5 yards and he can run. We win last 2 with Garret doing that and win several more to go bowl with Shrader. Leach didn't want a transition to his O he wanted instant but he ain't gonna get it.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:16 AM
Bottom line Leach made a bad decision on KJ and MSU will pay the price. Now he doesn't want to own it in front of fans and team. When does basketball start?

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2020, 07:32 AM
Btw the malcontent story has found it's way onto the front page of ESPN in an article by Rittenberg. I agree and hope Leach does clean house of those that are detriments to the team but I feel like in this pc culture this could backfire on Leach. I hope not.

I can't stand the PC/cancel culture/attack whitey crap...... but that's the American press now a days. If it causes Leach to leave at years end in one way or the other...... I think MSU will be avoiding an Arkansas style collapse of its football program.

I don't want a roster full of 3 star WR when he does leave in 4 years.

Offshore Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:34 AM

After yesterday you are counting Vandy as a win !!!!!!!!!!!

Irondawg
10-11-2020, 07:39 AM
I like Leach’s press conferences as he’s just direct and honest. Not much in there I would disagree with except I wish he would mention something about the qb has to run some bit I think he’s more pissed that the qb is being flushed out so after with a 3 man rush that a qb run is even an option

Bdawg
10-11-2020, 08:23 AM
I can't stand the PC/cancel culture/attack whitey crap...... but that's the American press now a days. If it causes Leach to leave at years end in one way or the other...... I think MSU will be avoiding an Arkansas style collapse of its football program.

I don't want a roster full of 3 star WR when he does leave in 4 years.

Funny we have 2 four stars committed right now, I believe.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2020, 09:06 AM
Funny we have 2 four stars committed right now, I believe.

Two 4* WRs? That's a program changer.