PDA

View Full Version : May have been discussed, but when was the last time we had a game changing turnover..

RougeDawg
11-07-2013, 12:31 PM
In a big game? I'm talking an Anthony Johnson 100 yard int return before half, game changing turnover that propelled us to a win?

Last weekend watching USC game I said to my buddy in the 2nd quarter, we need one of those type turnovers if we're going to win this one. We tried to think of the last time it happened and the JP Wilson to Johnson pick six was the last one we could recall. I know Banks had 2 pick sixes but we did not win that game because our offense was horrendous.

I'm thinking we will need one of these type turnovers this week to upset the Aggies.

601Dawg
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
The Pick 6 vs Sneed and Ole Miss in the 2009 Egg Bowl

The Fumble recovery at the goal line vs Georgia in 2010
The Fumble in the Swamp in 2010

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 12:35 PM
agreed

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
The Pick 6 vs Sneed and Ole Miss in the 2009 Egg Bowl

The Fumble recovery at the goal line vs Georgia in 2010
The Fumble in the Swamp in 2010

Yeah i remember when Nickoe used to make plays like he did vs UGA in 2010 now hes just a bum

angusyoung
11-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Banks strip last year against UT

Statecoachingblows**
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
Banks X 2 vs Tebow

Statecoachingblows**
11-07-2013, 12:41 PM
Banks Banks Banks! Off the subject but anybody heard anything else about him and that MRSA infection deal?

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think the problem has been the turnovers as much as it has been the lack of what the offense has done with them.

McKinney's interception against LSU could've been a game changing play, but the offense stalled and we were forced to kick a field goal. Not doubt, we have lacked the big pick 6, but we have gotten some turnovers that the offense failed to take advantage of.

Last year against OM in the first half, we had multiple turnovers that we failed to cash in.

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 12:53 PM
This coming Saturday around 4:00 o'clock central.

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't think the problem has been the turnovers as much as it has been the lack of what the offense has done with them.

McKinney's interception against LSU could've been a game changing play, but the offense stalled and we were forced to kick a field goal. Not doubt, we have lacked the big pick 6, but we have gotten some turnovers that the offense failed to take advantage of.

Last year against OM in the first half, we had multiple turnovers that we failed to cash in.

Oh my God last year vs Ole Miss was an embarrassment, Cam Lawrence stopped them by himself in the first half but we could still only score 17 against a defense that was awful. I bet we were the only SEC team that didn't score 30 on Ole Miss last year and one of the TDs was in garbage time. We should've blown them out by halftime

msstate7
11-07-2013, 01:15 PM
This coming Saturday around 4:00 o'clock central.

We are due a big game of gift turnovers.

maroonmania
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM

You are SO correct on this. Heck, this year's game against Auburn we got TWO turnovers in AUBURN TERRITORY in the second half that should have put the game away but our offense didn't get a single point out of either of them.

Percho
11-07-2013, 01:34 PM
CDM has tried to tell ya'll it is all about execution. However I guess he could have called the wrong plays after the turnovers.

maroonmania
11-07-2013, 04:19 PM
CDM has tried to tell ya'll it is all about execution. However I guess he could have called the wrong plays after the turnovers.

And execution has more to do with coaching than any other aspect of a football team. Execution problems for the most part are because players don't have their assignments down on a particular play.

RougeDawg
11-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Good responses. I was thinking more along the lines if turnovers run back for 6, and the momentum swung back in our favor the rest of the game for a W, when it looked like we were on the ropes.

DawgInMemphis
11-08-2013, 09:32 AM
In a big game? I'm talking an Anthony Johnson 100 yard int return before half, game changing turnover that propelled us to a win?

Last weekend watching USC game I said to my buddy in the 2nd quarter, we need one of those type turnovers if we're going to win this one. We tried to think of the last time it happened and the JP Wilson to Johnson pick six was the last one we could recall. I know Banks had 2 pick sixes but we did not win that game because our offense was horrendous.

I'm thinking we will need one of these type turnovers this week to upset the Aggies.

Last weekend we had several :(