PDA

View Full Version : Give Leach a Break

Matt3467
10-10-2020, 10:07 PM
1. It cannot be overstated enough how drastic of an offensive philosophy change our offense is going through.

2. 2020 virus restrictions amplify the difficulties #1 and it's very easy to spot as our offense is completely off sync.

3. To add insult to injury and build off #2 we don't have the luxury of playing cupcake teams this year. We play a full 10 game SEC schedule. Brutal when combined with #1 and #2.

4. As usual with any new scheme and coach time is needed to recruit their players. In regards to #1 it's even more important for Leach. We need better WRs and that will come. Our OL will improve and even though I realize it's hard to believe our QB play will get better with or without KJ.

5. Leach is a proven winner. He will win. Unlike JoMo we have an extensive track record to go off of and I feel confident the Pirate will right this ship.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:10 PM
Several teams in the SEC have changed schemes and we look like absolute dogshit! And it's supposed to be simple. **** it all! Go back to the I formation because that's all our shitty players are capable of doing. Just hand it off up the middle. **** Mississippi State football.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 10:10 PM
#5 is the only one I really care about.

Leach is an outstanding coach who's won big everywhere. It's disheartening to see these last 2 weeks, but even a cursory look at his history shows that they're an aberration.

Dogbone
10-10-2020, 10:11 PM
I believe in Leach too. We have to give him time to bring in the players that will make this offense work. Patience.

defiantdog
Nope..... we're as bad as USCe and Vandy now. No pulse on offense. 6 INTS! Let that sink in how horrible that is. We're a pathetic team on offense. The defense is playing lights out with a ton of freshmen, new scheme / coach, a ****in walk-on! No ****in excuses for Leach. Shit or get off the ****in pot.

msstate7
Ark and Kentucky just doing what Washington did that leach never figured out. The thing about Washington is they always keep some talent at dline and secondary just like sec teams

KOdawg1
I don't care to hear excuses. Every other team in the country have many of the same excuses we have, yet they don't look like we did tonight.

Todd4State

Leach is an outstanding coach who's won big everywhere. It's disheartening to see these last 2 weeks, but even a cursory look at his history shows that they're an aberration.

We're better than this though. Or we should be. We're not ****ing Washington State where we should expect to go 3-9 in year one. Even Joe managed 6-6 and we weren't even doing S&C!

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:12 PM
Ark and Kentucky just doing what Washington did that leach never figured out. The thing about Washington is they always keep some talent at dline and secondary just like sec teams

****ING UNACCEPTABLE!

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:13 PM
Should have hired Sark I guess. I didn't really want Sark, but this is a disaster.

defiantdog
I believe in Leach too. We have to give him time to bring in the players that will make this offense work. Patience.

Patience for what? He has more talent than he's ever had. He's got qbs for his system. He's never had dynamic receivers either.

CLTDAWG94
tmp.gif

Quaoarsking

You are greatly oversimplifying what happened in those Apple Cups. Do you really think Washington of all teams figured out some magic formula that no one else in the Pac-12 was capable of? Oregon and USC have plenty of defensive talent and coaching.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Patience for what? He has more talent than he's ever had. He's got qbs for his system. He's never had dynamic receivers either.

That says a lot about our WR's talent level.

RougeDawg
10-10-2020, 10:15 PM
Leach is going to have to take a long look in the mirror. He is going to have to add some things to bridge the gap until the offense is grasped. It looks like a 3 ring circus out there these last 2 weeks. Have to adjust or get your popcorn and funnel cakes ready.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:16 PM

True. We actually have pretty decent talent on offense. Our game vs LSU showed that. Recruiting stars show that as well. We are in BIG trouble. I think there's no way around this mess. Leach would have to change his system and I don't think he will.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Leach is going to have to take a long look in the mirror. He is going to have to add some things to bridge the gap until the offense is grasped. It looks like a 3 ring circus out there these last 2 weeks. Have to adjust or get your popcorn and funnel cakes ready.

He's going to have to change his OL splits and add in some running plays to combat this 3-8 defense we are going to see the rest of the year. He's either going to do it or he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

Matt3467
10-10-2020, 10:18 PM

Did you hear what Stoops said as he was walking off the field tonight? He said "don't listen to the rush 3 drop 8 mess. Leach knows what he's doing and we will start winning."

preachermatt83
10-10-2020, 10:18 PM

Exactly!! Leach has won everywhere. His offense has worked everywhere including in the sec. if there is a problem it’s a MSU problem not a leach problem.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Did you hear what Stoops said as he was walking off the field tonight? He said "don't listen to the rush 3 drop 8 mess. Leach knows what he's doing and we will start winning."

Who gives a **** what Mark Stoops said?

TNDawg35
10-10-2020, 10:20 PM
He's going to have to change his OL splits and add in some running plays to combat this 3-8 defense we are going to see the rest of the year. He's either going to do it or he's not as smart as he thinks he is.

Or maybe just get a GQ who doesn’t spot the other team 7 points right off the bat and also an extra -4 possessions a game...

We get rid of KJ, the teams takes on a different look.

Matt3467
10-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Who gives a **** what Mark Stoops said?

He personally knows Leach and he knows more about football than most on this board.

Mobile Bay
10-10-2020, 10:21 PM
Five offensive lineman cannot beat three defensive lineman

Five offensive lineman plus a running back cannot beat three defensive lineman.

We would have been better off with Sam Pittman

Fire Mason Miller tonight. 50 years ago my mother was a better offensive lineman coach. This is not a joke.

msstate7
10-10-2020, 10:22 PM
He personally knows Leach and he knows more about football than most on this board.

He also probably praying we keep leach so he has an easy win every year

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:23 PM

You really think Stoops is going to say Leach sucks, MSU should fire him.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-10-2020, 10:27 PM
1. It cannot be overstated enough how drastic of an offensive philosophy change our offense is going through.

2. 2020 virus restrictions amplify the difficulties #1 and it's very easy to spot as our offense is completely off sync.

3. To add insult to injury and build off #2 we don't have the luxury of playing cupcake teams this year. We play a full 10 game SEC schedule. Brutal when combined with #1 and #2.

4. As usual with any new scheme and coach time is needed to recruit their players. In regards to #1 it's even more important for Leach. We need better WRs and that will come. Our OL will improve and even though I realize it's hard to believe our QB play will get better with or without KJ.

5. Leach is a proven winner. He will win. Unlike JoMo we have an extensive track record to go off of and I feel confident the Pirate will right this ship.

I?m not giving him a damn break, he?s getting paid $5 mil a year to put out a competitive football team and win some games, the past 2 weeks of $hit shows are way below his job expectations and his ass is to be held accountable

Cowbell
10-10-2020, 10:29 PM
I?m not giving him a damn break, he?s getting paid $5 mil a year to put out a competitive football team and win some games, the past 2 weeks of $hit shows are way below his job expectations and his ass is to be held accountable
Yes. Losing is one thing. Looking incompetent is another.

LC Dawg
10-10-2020, 10:29 PM
If you are an "offensive genius" and you can't design an offense (with the talent Leach has available) to score on a 3 man front you should have to forfeit your salary.

Captain Falcon
10-10-2020, 10:40 PM
I cut him some slack for an Arkansas loss that I thought was fluky, I even was willing to accept a loss to Kentucky tonight under normal circumstances...

I have a really hard time defending a game like this where you throw six INT’s and score two points against an 0-2 team that is not good defensively.

While I understand some patience may be required with Leach... this was really bad, guys. And we we have not seen anything close to the best teams on our schedule yet.

DeltaChicagoDog
10-10-2020, 11:52 PM

I want it to work out, too. But coaches always say that kind of graceful in victory stuff. "Croom does it the right way" was the winning coaches' mantra for a few years. It was meaningless.

Dawgcap
10-11-2020, 12:04 AM
Way more than I expected going over the edge this quick. I?m gonna tell the adamant naysayers that you will look stupid.
Remember my response. This a work in progress quit acting like you have the answers! Guess what you don?t but I bet this staff does. We will improve and be fine

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 12:22 AM
Way more than I expected going over the edge this quick. I?m gonna tell the adamant naysayers that you will look stupid.
Remember my response. This a work in progress quit acting like you have the answers! Guess what you don?t but I bet this staff does. We will improve and be fine

We may and probably will improve over time but there is no reason for us to look this bad.

Bothrops
10-11-2020, 01:28 AM
If i were Leach I'd ask KJ why he wants to be the qb at Mississippi State for the remainder of the season, then give him the option to stick it out and learn, or leave if he wants, but he would not be playing against A&M, period. I may not want him practicing with the other qb's this week. Let him deal with his issues as if he were on his own.

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2020, 01:36 AM
I'm not looking it up because... ... i don't want to
but several people bragged about what leach's record was in year 1 at very stop.

We WON'T reach .500 under leach this year.

He's being paid top dollar. so he doesn't get a break.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 02:17 AM
I'm not looking it up because... ... i don't want to
but several people bragged about what leach's record was in year 1 at very stop.

We WON'T reach .500 under leach this year.

He's being paid top dollar. so he doesn't get a break.

I'm pretty sure Leach went 7-6 at Texas Tech and 3-9 at Washington State in year one so those people didn't know what they were talking about.

PKADogs55
10-11-2020, 04:49 AM
Give him a break???? 2 17 points????? This may be a down year ... but come on guys. Todd I love ya but no! Gotta change this up.