PDA

View Full Version : Our football program just hit rock bottom

Cooterpoot
10-10-2020, 10:00 PM
We're in trouble. We can't fire him and it's not going to work.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:01 PM
Yeah. Leave it to MSU to be the ONE place in America where our players are so shitty that all they can do is run the option. What a ****ing joke we are.

maroonmania
10-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Yeah. Leave it to MSU to be the ONE place in America where our players are so shitty that all they can do is run the option. What a ****ing joke we are.

One thing is clear, if you are going to throw the ball every down against an 8 man zone and your QB is unwilling to run, to be successful, you have to have a super high level of execution between the QB and WRs. We aren't even close to that level. And even dinking your way down the field with the RBs is a tough job because we don't get 5 yards on every play. Bad throw, drop a pass, one of the DL make a play and you are way behind the sticks.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:41 PM
One thing is clear, if you are going to throw the ball every down against an 8 man zone and your QB is unwilling to run, to be successful, you have to have a super high level of execution between the QB and WRs. We aren't even close to that level. And even dinking your way down the field with the RBs is a tough job because we don't get 5 yards on every play. Bad throw, drop a pass, one of the DL make a play and you are way behind the sticks.

KJ has no clue where he is on the field. I don't think that fourth down was lack of toughness. I got the impression in the stands even he didn't know where the marker was. And then you have his throw about four yards beyond the LOS. He has ZERO awareness.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-10-2020, 10:44 PM
The O requires everyone to know what they're doing. RIght now, nobody except maybe the RBs and Javonta Payton seems to know what they're supposed to do. Cam Gardner also seems to know but he has the drops so it's irrelevant.

We miss too many blocks, run too many incorrect routes, get too many flags, drop too many balls, and most of all make some really really really terrible decisions with where to throw it. THAT is why the O won't work. Most PAC-12 teams ran an 8 man zone vs Leach, he torched the majority of them. Maybe the athletes in the SEC are so good the throwing windows are too small to ever pass on, but we don't know yet.

Right now, we have an O that's not Leaches O at literally ANY POSITION, and he's had less time to rep it than any other season. That's why we suck ass

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:47 PM
The O requires everyone to know what they're doing. RIght now, nobody except maybe the RBs and Javonta Payton seems to know what they're supposed to do. Cam Gardner also seems to know but he has the drops so it's irrelevant.

We miss too many blocks, run too many incorrect routes, get too many flags, drop too many balls, and most of all make some really really really terrible decisions with where to throw it. THAT is why the O won't work. Most PAC-12 teams ran an 8 man zone vs Leach, he torched the majority of them. Maybe the athletes in the SEC are so good the throwing windows are too small to ever pass on, but we don't know yet.

Right now, we have an O that's not Leaches O at literally ANY POSITION, and he's had less time to rep it than any other season. That's why we suck ass

Here's something that seems maybe unpopular but who gives a shit.

Joe Moorhead was supposed to be a good offensive coach. Everywhere he has ever been. Except for MSU with these players.

Leach's record is even better. And he is struggling now.

Maybe it's not all the coaches.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:47 PM
No reason to complicate this.

Teams are forfeiting the line of scrimmage. And we are throwing to 5 passing routes covered by 8 defenders.

This offense was said to attack space and we are throwing away from it. The space at the the line of scrimmage.

Shrader could at least break runs as they drop 8. Or our Rbs have to be involved if were going to pass from the pocket.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:48 PM

Teams are forfeiting the line of scrimmage. And we are throwing to 5 passing routes covered by 8 defenders.

This offense was said to attack space and we are throwing away from it. The space at the the line of scrimmage.

Shrader could at least break runs as they drop 8. Or our Rbs have to be involved.

I couldn't see on the TV but the announcers said that there was space on the boundary too. I don't remember us attacking that at all.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-10-2020, 10:50 PM

Shrader could at least break runs as they drop 8. Or our Rbs have to be involved if were going to pass from the pocket.

They wouldn't drop 8 if Shrader was the QB. You have ot be able to execute the passing side of the Air Raid for people to disrespect the run game

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:53 PM
I couldn't see on the TV but the announcers said that there was space on the boundary too. I don't remember us attacking that at all.

Everything is a check down. We are taking on the risk of a pass to gain 4 yards every single play. It's like a 5 man basketball team trhing to score on a defense with 8.

And the bad thing is, we've had an entire to week to adjust. Until the LOS is respected, were going to have uphill battles.

That's my opinion. Leach has always won. And I'm not going to evaluate long term on 3 football games. But we were clearly outcoached these past 2 weeks and our performances were embarrassing. We got beat by less talented teams.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:54 PM
They wouldn't drop 8 if Shrader was the QB. You have ot be able to execute the passing side of the Air Raid for people to disrespect the run game

The passing game would be much easier to execute if the defense had to honor the line of scrimmage. Right now they dont. They are completely forfeiting it.

William Tecumsah Sherman
10-10-2020, 11:01 PM
Maybe our QBs would have a better chance of hitting WR in the holes of the zone if our 5OL could block 3?

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 11:09 PM
Everything is a check down. We are taking on the risk of a pass to gain 4 yards every single play. It's like a 5 man basketball team trhing to score on a defense with 8.

And the bad thing is, we've had an entire to week to adjust. Until the LOS is respected, were going to have uphill battles.

That's my opinion. Leach has always won. And I'm not going to evaluate long term on 3 football games. But we were clearly outcoached these past 2 weeks and our performances were embarrassing. We got beat by less talented teams.

I agree for the most part. We know what people are going to do and there are spots we can attack. I remember Rogers hitting Austin Williams for like 20 yards because he was patient and waited for Austin to get open. So the opportunities are there. But we're not attacking all of them.

ScoobaDawg
10-11-2020, 01:30 AM
We're in trouble. We can't fire him and it's not going to work.

Truth. not for at least 2 years and... if we fire a "proven" head coach... we are screwed. ...

I guess it better work out next year.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 07:29 AM

True and here is the issue. You can't win in SEC being one dimensional. You can win 7-9 with good D and power run game though, MSU has proven that over decades. Throwing ball was one piece missing to making us a contender. All we did was swap to one horse we have never been good at, now we got nothing on O. Our D will tire and quit at some point.