PDA

View Full Version : This is the worst offense State has ever had

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 09:54 PM
Please replace this idiot with a damn decent coach. Pay Napier or for goodness sake hire Freeze!!! I'd throw the checkbook at Freeze right now.

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Something is badly wrong.

It makes no sense to me

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:03 PM
Attacking a defense dropping 8 by throwing 73 3 yard passes....

What is the purpose of the prevent? Were doing exactly what they want us to do. And we had all week to prepare for it.

We are a better football team than Arkansas and Kentucky. They were much better coached

I'm not going to evaluate long term. But I will evaluate these last 2 weeks. That was worse than 3-2. Not close

We are playing 5 against 8. Our quarterback is playing awful but he is also being put in awful positions. If only we had a running back.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:03 PM

It makes no sense to me

We have a California ***** at QB that can't read a defense. WR's that have no idea if it's zone or man. A shitty o-line that can't block people. And a running back that taps out after every touch.

Yeah something is badly wrong. In all facets.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:06 PM
The gameplan is currently worse than our execution. And our execution is bad I get it. That's My .02.

The LOS has to be respected. Drop 8 to cover 5 and have no reason to cheat forward.

I do tip my hat to our defensive effort and preparation. They are fun to watch.

defiantdog
10-10-2020, 10:07 PM

It makes no sense to me

The defense knows the play pre snap..... it's obvious. Our offense doesn't know what it's doing..... even more obvious. Poorly coached on the offensive side of the ball.

maroonmania
10-10-2020, 10:17 PM
Attacking a defense dropping 8 by throwing 73 3 yard passes....

What is the purpose of the prevent? Were doing exactly what they want us to do. And we had all week to prepare for it.

We are a better football team than Arkansas and Kentucky. They were much better coached

I'm not going to evaluate long term. But I will evaluate these last 2 weeks. That was worse than 3-2. Not close

We are playing 5 against 8. Our quarterback is playing awful but he is also being put in awful positions. If only we had a running back.

Seriously, how did KY make this thing work in the 90s? Did SEC DCs not know about a drop 8 zone defense back then? Tim Couch must have been a miracle worker.

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:19 PM
Seriously, how did KY make this thing work in the 90s? Did SEC DCs not know about a drop 8 zone defense back then? Tim Couch must have been a miracle worker.

Tim Couch was a hellava QB/ Plus the defenses were geared to stop the power run back then.

parabrave
10-10-2020, 10:21 PM
We have a California ***** at QB that can't read a defense. WR's that have no idea if it's zone or man. A shitty o-line that can't block people. And a running back that taps out after every touch.

Yeah something is badly wrong. In all facets.

Thats basically what leach is saying. Plus he said the coaches failed. Duh.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:23 PM
We have an approach similar to 7 v 7 drills and workouts.

But the numbers are actually 5 v 8

The line of scrimmage will have to be respected.

TrapGame
10-10-2020, 10:24 PM
Luginbill was right. Leach has to have a run game. In fact, I'll add he needs an accurate dual threat QB too. Shrader/Dak/Fitz would have eaten up free yards tonight.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 10:25 PM
This is so embarrassing. Ole Miss is gonna make us their bitch this year.

Mobile Bay
10-10-2020, 10:26 PM
Y'all are all wrong. Our offensive line is complete and utter ass. Three should never beat five, and yet they do. Mason Miller is the issue, and those fat lazy shits we have playing. Get a real OL in there and this shit works.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:28 PM
Luginbill was right. Leach has to have a run game. In fact, I'll add he needs an accurate dual threat QB too. Shrader/Dak/Fitz would have eaten up free yards tonight.

I think Shrader would be am immediate improvement. Its really not necessarily because he is a better quarterback. Its because it would create the threat at controlling the line of scrimmage. Therefore he would be a better option for our offense.

We will not see a man defense until something changes.

TrapGame
10-10-2020, 10:33 PM
I think Shrader would be am immediate improvement. Its really not necessarily because he is a better quarterback. Its because it would create the threat at controlling the line of scrimmage. Therefore he would be a better option for our offense.

Well hell man, it's short passes anyway in this 3/8 defense Leach can't crack. Schrader can hit some 8-10 yard passes and then roll in some QB keepers.

Leach needs to see now that this isn't going to work with SEC defenses. This isn't the PAC12.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-10-2020, 10:36 PM

Except none of those guys (save Dak of course) can throw it accurately enough to punish teams for bringing more men up. Nothing happens in a vacuum

the reality is we have a QB who literally just chucks the ball sometimes. He doesn't see the field on those ints, he throws it to triple coverage or right to a dropping lb. if he was processing ANYTHING he'd stop himself. He either makes up his mind what he's going to do pre snap or he doesn't have the knowledge of the O/raw IQ to process what he sees.

No air raid can work with a dumb QB. Just like no power running scheme can work with Brandon Holloway going up the middle

Add in too many penalties, drops, wrong routes, and an OL that wasn't recruited to play in or been coached long for this system and you have a shitshow

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:37 PM

If nothing else Shrader would scramble for first downs. No questioning his toughness.

hp22
10-10-2020, 10:37 PM
Well hell man, it's short passes anyway in this 3/8 defense Leach can't crack. Schrader can hit some 8-10 yard passes and then roll in some QB keepers.

Leach needs to see now that this isn't going to work with SEC defenses. This isn't the PAC12.

Agree 100 percent

Our players arent being put in position to be successful. Our offensive gameplan failed them two straight weeks.

The more talented team lost. The better coached team won. That simple.

The defense played their ass off and deserved better. We dont adjust next week and it's gone be very ugly

ShotgunDawg
10-10-2020, 10:38 PM
I think Leach will figure it out. He's too smart and experienced not to.

He never changes, but he's never had to change. Night like tonight may help us in the long run because it's going to force him to adjust. He's not going to get fired without trying to adjust.

He never adjusted at Wazzou because he never had. Sure, UW figured him out, but when he was winning 8-9 games a year, who cares if UW has you figured out?

He'll adjust

msstate7
10-10-2020, 11:09 PM

He never changes, but he's never had to change. Night like tonight may help us in the long run because it's going to force him to adjust. He's not going to get fired without trying to adjust.

He never adjusted at Wazzou because he never had. Sure, UW figured him out, but when he was winning 8-9 games a year, who cares if UW has you figured out?

He'll adjust

Well ark figured him out in the sec, so it's sort of a problem

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2020, 11:21 PM
Washington always had the playbook against Leach. He beat them his first year at WSU and never scored more than 20 against them again. You drop 8 and rush 3 and his offense is terrible. When you have SEC athletes, even bad ones like at UK and Arkansas, doing it, it's beyond terrible. LSU was just nuts trying to man up.

Dawgcap
10-10-2020, 11:43 PM
I didn?t read any of the bitching because I guarantee none of y?all have a clue. Shut up quit bitching and then show this tweet in a month.

BeardoMSU
10-10-2020, 11:45 PM
Ole Miss is gonna move on us like a bitch this year.

FIFY*

PGHBulldogBG
10-10-2020, 11:52 PM
At this point Ole Miss shouldn?t even be a focus. We need to hope we beat vandy and mizzou. Ole Miss is way ahead of us. Thanks Cohen for messing up the hire in 2018. I don?t blame him necessarily for hiring leach because he was desperate, but I don?t think I can forgive him for hiring someone who only won a bit because he got a rare talent in barkley. That Moorhead hire was such a train wreck.

DownwardDawg
10-11-2020, 08:10 AM
No more drinking for me. Last night was bad. Drinking and MSU football don't go well together.

Jarius
10-11-2020, 08:32 AM

He'll adjust

He didn’t adjust at WSU because he knew it was a talent problem that he had to recruit to fix. He is in deep shit here because he is not dealing with a talent problem. He is dealing with a “this scheme does not work against these athletes” problem. We need to play Will Rogers and hope that he can adjust his scheme to allow the quarterback to take free yards and run the tailbacks. If we will simply call the correct play against a light box and lose that way I will accept it, but if Leach is going to continue to throw the ball when the numbers in the box dictate you to run it and if Leach is going to tell his quarterbacks to sit in the pocket when they have 10 yards of open field in front of them then he needs to go.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 08:38 AM
He didn’t adjust at WSU because he knew it was a talent problem that he had to recruit to fix. He is in deep shit here because he is not dealing with a talent problem. He is dealing with a “this scheme does not work against these athletes” problem. We need to play Will Rogers and hope that he can adjust his scheme to allow the quarterback to take free yards and run the tailbacks. If we will simply call the correct play against a light box and lose that way I will accept it, but if Leach is going to continue to throw the ball when the numbers in the box dictate you to run it and if Leach is going to tell his quarterbacks to sit in the pocket when they have 10 yards of open field in front of them then he needs to go.

We have now hired two offensive gurus in a row who have yet to succeed with this group of players. Maybe it's not the coaches?

DeltaChicagoDog
10-11-2020, 08:52 AM

UK never went better than 7-5 during those 4 years (5-6, 7-5, 6-6, 2-9). Not exactly setting the world on fire.