PDA

View Full Version : I?m over the Leach experiment.

Op4isabitch
10-10-2020, 07:52 PM
We look like shit on offense. Only part of the team that?s worth a shit is the defense. Special teams is okay.

Costello is terrible.
Hill is pussing out.
Receivers won?t block.

This could be worse than the Croom era.

ElectroDawg
10-10-2020, 08:03 PM
I'm over this quarterback.

preachermatt83
10-10-2020, 08:05 PM
We look like shit on offense. Only part of the team that?s worth a shit is the defense. Special teams is okay.

Costello is terrible.
Hill is pussing out.
Receivers won?t block.

Lol. You are funny

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 08:08 PM
I agree. This shit is almost done. Leach is getting his ass handed to him by Arkansas and Kentucky. That didn't happen to Moorhead or Croom that I can remember. We need a physical badass coach.

Op4isabitch
10-10-2020, 08:11 PM
Lol. You are funny

Instead of giving a smartass comment, show me where I?m wrong.

Cooterpoot
10-10-2020, 08:13 PM
This offense is never going to work in the SEC. And who the hell wants to watch games of 40 5 yard passes anyway? That's what this conference is doing to this offense.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-10-2020, 08:14 PM
Alabama and Georgia are gonna be really ugly, hell A&M probably going in dry on us next week as well...

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2020, 08:17 PM
The K.I.S.S. Offense...... is to easy for defensive coordinators and the players to pick up on. Same plays. Same pass routes. Both the ark and UK pick6, two or three different defenders could have picked the pass because the defense read the play so well.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 08:32 PM
I'm already hoping to replace coach and AD.

War Machine Dawg
10-10-2020, 08:36 PM
Leach usually needs 2-3 years to churn the roster to get the guys he needs for his offense. But he also moved Shrader to WR for this assclown KJ Henig. I'm willing to give Leach time, but the last 6+ quarters have been as bad as I've seen. We're gaining yards but have no actual offensive threat. If this was soccer, we'd call it sterile possession.

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2020, 08:50 PM
2-3 years? Bull hockey. This offense is dumb AF. One Dimensional.

War Machine Dawg
10-10-2020, 08:58 PM
This is why I was skeptical of the hire initially. SEC defensive speed and DCs are the best in football. And it always takes Leach time to get the personnel he wants for what's essentially a gimmick offense. We also don't produce the QBs and WRs in our recruiting footprint for the Air Raid. And I still think you have to run the ball at least a little to succeed in this league.

Maroonthirteen
10-10-2020, 09:13 PM
I agree with all that. It would take a NFL talent to thread the needle in these zones for a season.

Mobile Bay
10-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Costello and Hill are both wimps. Neither will see the NFL except in practice except as undrafted free agents and done in a year. Bench them both now and get some players on the field.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 10:09 PM
I agree. This shit is almost done. Leach is getting his ass handed to him by Arkansas and Kentucky. That didn't happen to Moorhead or Croom that I can remember. We need a physical badass coach.

Are you serious? Croom was 1-4 against Arkansas and 2-3 against Kentucky.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:10 PM
67 passes an 0 points. That has to be a record.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:16 PM
Costello and Hill are both wimps. Neither will see the NFL except in practice except as undrafted free agents and done in a year. Bench them both now and get some players on the field.

Even worse- Costello could be back next year. Hill probably should be but he'll declare.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 10:18 PM
This is why I was skeptical of the hire initially. SEC defensive speed and DCs are the best in football. And it always takes Leach time to get the personnel he wants for what's essentially a gimmick offense. We also don't produce the QBs and WRs in our recruiting footprint for the Air Raid. And I still think you have to run the ball at least a little to succeed in this league.

This is such bullshit. We're in the same area that produced Jerry Rice and AJ Brown. And that's part of what pisses me off. Our players are just bad. Ole Miss and USM manage to get WR's but we get OSorryAss Mitchell.

ATL Dawg
10-10-2020, 10:22 PM
Our best QB, who is a “football player”, is playing special teams and 3rd string WR. What am I missing?

Liverpooldawg
10-10-2020, 10:23 PM
Leach is and always has been a joke. He does not win serious football games. He won at Wazzou and Tech, except when it mattered. It almost always matters in the SEC. Yall should have known when me and 34 actually agreed on something it was a sign of an apocalypse for MSU. Fire Cohen first.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Leach is and always has been a joke. He does not win serious football games. He won at Wazzou and Tech, except when it mattered. It almost always matters in the SEC. Yall should have known when me and 34 actually agreed on something it was a sign of an apocalypse for MSU. Fire Cohen first.

We hired Joe Lee Dunn as our head coach. It worked great for a pretty long time but it never evolved.

Quaoarsking
10-10-2020, 10:26 PM

Leach was .500 against USC and Oregon at Washington State. That's better than any MSU coach is ever going to do against Alabama and LSU. (Well, actually Leach will be .500 against that pair at the end of this year.)

War Machine Dawg
10-11-2020, 12:55 PM
This is such bullshit. We're in the same area that produced Jerry Rice and AJ Brown. And that's part of what pisses me off. Our players are just bad. Ole Miss and USM manage to get WR's but we get OSorryAss Mitchell.

So 2 WRs 40 years apart? Thanks for proving my point. Why don't you also say Mississippi produced Brett Fahv-ray? It's only been about 10 years since he retired and there hasn't been a good starting QB in the NFL from here since. And don't tell me Minshew, he's not going to be a starter for long. But again, it's only a decade or so between NFL QBs for the state, even if Minshew makes it.

There's a reason most of the NFL players in MS are defenders or linemen and RBs. High school offenses are so far behind that WRs and QBs don't develop worth a damn outside of the very exceptional case.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 12:58 PM
So 2 WRs 40 years apart? Thanks for proving my point. Why don't you also say Mississippi produced Brett Fahv-ray? It's only been about 10 years since he retired and there hasn't been a good starting QB in the NFL from here since. And don't tell me Minshew, he's not going to be a starter for long. But again, it's only a decade or so between NFL QBs for the state, even if Minshew makes it.

There's a reason most of the NFL players in MS are defenders or linemen and RBs. High school offenses are so far behind that WRs and QBs don't develop worth a damn outside of the very exceptional case.

DK Metcalf ring a bell? Those are just the tip of the ice berg. How about guys like Jamarcus Bradley that went to Sun Belt teams and are better than what we have been recruiting? Arkansas State has another. And let's ignore the two four star receivers we have committed right now that are out of state guys.

IMissJack
10-11-2020, 12:58 PM
Leach was .500 against USC and Oregon at Washington State. That's better than any MSU coach is ever going to do against Alabama and LSU. (Well, actually Leach will be .500 against that pair at the end of this year.)

Wasn?t USC coming off of some violations in some of those years?

ShotgunDawg
10-11-2020, 01:26 PM
Some of you are too emotional and aren’t thinking this through. You’d never run your own business like this.

We’re in a transformation. It’ll work but take time. Of course you know this but you’re too immature to just sit tight.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Wasn?t USC coming off of some violations in some of those years?

If you want to, you can come up with excuses for every win that any team has ever gotten.

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-11-2020, 01:31 PM
Lol. You are funny

I am not ready to scuttle the ship after 3 games either. However, last night was literally the worst game I have seen since the Croom era. Moorhead never got close to anything that bad. If UK would have kneeled the ball 3 times and punted every offensive possession they still would have beaten us by 2 touchdowns. That's not acceptable.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 01:59 PM
Some of you are too emotional and aren’t thinking this through. You’d never run your own business like this.

We’re in a transformation. It’ll work but take time. Of course you know this but you’re too immature to just sit tight.

Our fans aren't willing to take one step back to potentially take two steps forward.

BeardoMSU
10-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Our fans aren't willing to take one step back to potentially take two steps forward.

I guess I fail to see the necessity in forcing yourself to take a step back...

I asked this several times last night. Why is Leach special, that he doesn't have to work with what he's got to get the best product on the field? That's literally something you'd ask of any coach worth a shit. Ok, we don't have the pieces to run your system to your ideal. Great, so go get those players...but we shouldn't have to bottom out for that to occur. We can still be competitive until that happens. Dan Mullen had us competitive with Tyson ****ing Lee playing QB.

This is exactly the same type of stubbornness we saw from Joe Moorhead.

Perhaps I'm missing the forest for the trees here, and If I am, I'll be happy to consider a legitimate counterpoint, but as of yet, I haven't heard one.

Quaoarsking
10-11-2020, 02:09 PM

I asked this several times last night. Why is Leach special, that he doesn't have to work with what he's got to get the best product on the field? That's literally something you'd ask of any coach worth a shit. Ok, we don't have the pieces to run your system to your ideal. Great, so go get those players...but we shouldn't have to bottom out for that to occur. We can still be competitive until that happens. Dan Mullen had us competitive with Tyson ****ing Lee playing QB.

Perhaps I'm missing the forest for the trees here, and If I am, I'll be happy to consider a legitimate counterpoint, but as of yet, I haven't heard one.

We're also shitty at executing things outside of Leach's comfort zone. That's the best I can do.

Todd4State
10-11-2020, 02:14 PM

Dan's offense was actually bottom half of the SEC in year one finishing 9th in scoring and 7th in total offense. His offense being good in year one is more fan perception than anything. And he only improved us by one win over Croom in year one in reality. Winning the Egg Bowl in year one also helps with that perception.

The difference is Leach has a long track record of success that Croom and Moorhead didn't have. And Leach has a history of having a transition year in year one at two different stops before having a good bit of success. That alone is an indication that he should be given time to do his thing.

If Dan followed a more successful coach he would have been scrutinized a lot more than he was.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 02:25 PM
Some of you are too emotional and aren?t thinking this through. You?d never run your own business like this.

We?re in a transformation. It?ll work but take time. Of course you know this but you?re too immature to just sit tight.

Good point and you also wouldn't trash your business in the middle of you changing products or markets or whatever equivalent you want to use. You don't have 1-3 years to experiment and get the right formula. You gotta pay the bills as you go. Croom thought the same thing. Takes time - half a decade and we never moved the needle. Leach can't do the same.

Moorhead did the same.

BeardoMSU
10-11-2020, 02:29 PM
We're also shitty at executing things outside of Leach's comfort zone. That's the best I can do.

Dan's offense was actually bottom half of the SEC in year one finishing 9th in scoring and 7th in total offense. His offense being good in year one is more fan perception than anything. And he only improved us by one win over Croom in year one in reality. Winning the Egg Bowl in year one also helps with that perception.

The difference is Leach has a long track record of success that Croom and Moorhead didn't have. And Leach has a history of having a transition year in year one at two different stops before having a good bit of success. That alone is an indication that he should be given time to do his thing.

If Dan followed a more successful coach he would have been scrutinized a lot more than he was.

These are both fair.

R2Dawg
10-11-2020, 02:36 PM

Yep when you follow success the bar is raised, Joe had that to some degree. Leach maybe but Dan we got robbed in Houston and GT games that year (both were ranked) and should have won against LSU. Point is, we were not great on O but we were in every game that year with same players Croom had and we were not in hardly any games year before.

I don't think anyone on here expected 8 wins but 15 ints in 3 games, 4 pick 6, 14 points in 2 games vs bad teams was not expected. We played the easy part of schedule too.

DownwardDawg
10-11-2020, 02:53 PM

Or drunk. I certainly was.

Joebob
10-11-2020, 05:09 PM

This is kind of what I tried to say on another thread, but you said it simpler.

Cooterpoot
10-11-2020, 05:20 PM

He's doing what he can with what he's got. Not sure why you think he's not. We have two first year QBs that have never played in an SEC game or this system specifically. Three first year starters on the OL. Our WR talent is split between bad and young. We've got a good RB but his backups are both freshmen. That's an ass load of problems any year.

BB30
10-11-2020, 05:43 PM

Dude, Moorhead got drummed in 2018 at Kentucky. Offensive performance was about as putrid as last night with quite a bit more talent on that 18 team.

Arkansas played UGA well for 3 quarters, beat us, and had Auburn beat.

That arkansas team isn't nearly as bad as people here seem to think. They have played everyone good so far.

Kentucky was a top 25 team coming into the season and has been much better the last 3 years or so with a coach that has been there and is established.

Not making excuses because we should have won 1 of those games for sure.

Also, we don't really have a whole lot of offensive talent. Mullen left the pantry pretty bare when he left on the offensive side of the ball.

Not sure what people expected after watching our WRS and QBs the last two years. There just isn't a whole lot of talent at the moment and what talent we do have is relatively young outside of hill.

Regardless, you have to give leach some time to get his guys in there and see how they do once he has some players that fit what he likes to do. Still may not work out but won't know until we see.

Maroonthirteen
10-11-2020, 06:45 PM
I agree with Beardo. The thing doesn't have to be burned to the ground. You have some players on campus. Figure out what works for them. But it seems to me, Leach tried to add some new wrinkles in the UK game, and the offense looked worse than the Arkansas game.

Anyways, Costello is a Leach guy. So is Rogers. You have a senior RB that is a Good pass catcher. Two good looking freshman RBs. The OL.... a few were rated high. Heath was supposed to be big deal. He has talent to work with. As evident by the LSU game. But what changed? The opponents adjusted. ...and our KISS coach hasn't.

His offense isn't special. Maybe it was 20 years ago but it's been figured out.

dawgday166
10-11-2020, 07:52 PM
Dude, Moorhead got drummed in 2018 at Kentucky. Offensive performance was about as putrid as last night with quite a bit more talent on that 18 team.

Arkansas played UGA well for 3 quarters, beat us, and had Auburn beat.

That arkansas team isn't nearly as bad as people here seem to think. They have played everyone good so far.

Kentucky was a top 25 team coming into the season and has been much better the last 3 years or so with a coach that has been there and is established.

Not making excuses because we should have won 1 of those games for sure.

Also, we don't really have a whole lot of offensive talent. Mullen left the pantry pretty bare when he left on the offensive side of the ball.

Not sure what people expected after watching our WRS and QBs the last two years. There just isn't a whole lot of talent at the moment and what talent we do have is relatively young outside of hill.

Regardless, you have to give leach some time to get his guys in there and see how they do once he has some players that fit what he likes to do. Still may not work out but won't know until we see.

They watched LSU game and thought we were ready to take on Bama.

Matt3467
10-11-2020, 08:49 PM
I am not ready to scuttle the ship after 3 games either. However, last night was literally the worst game I have seen since the Croom era. Moorhead never got close to anything that bad. If UK would have kneeled the ball 3 times and punted every offensive possession they still would have beaten us by 2 touchdowns. That's not acceptable.

Moorhead may not have had a single game like that but he's had some that weren't far off. He's had many, many poor offensive performances and he was supposed to be some offensive guru. He had talent to work with when he got here and produced nothing. His record isn't as bad as it should've been since he had the benefit of the best defense MSU ever produced in its long history that also happened to be the top defense in the country that year.

bigplayslay
10-11-2020, 09:07 PM
This thread is pretty funny and kinda shows how emotional a fan base can be. Let’s start with the fact that we can’t block 3 guys rushing and we haven’t given KJ hardly any time. When we do give him time he doesn’t get past his first read and dumps it off the running back which is what the linebackers are waiting on. Next let’s mention the fact that Leach had no spring and not a full summer to install the offense.

Costello is no where near the answer and doesn’t have near enough reps to run this offense. This year will continue to be rough but it’s beyond premature to write the whole offense off. I mean it’s not like Leach has never seen a damn drop 8 guys. He can’t help that KJ is just forcing balls into tight coverages or the o line not being able to block 3. He can’t throw the ball or block for them.

What I don’t get from Leach is not giving shrader a look or will Rodgers more of a chance. I’m not saying everything is roses but geez the overreaction is insane. Let’s give him a full offseason first.

SPMT
10-11-2020, 09:11 PM

Costello is terrible.
Hill is pussing out.
Receivers won?t block.

You are over being rational.

SPMT
10-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Are you serious? Croom was 1-4 against Arkansas and 2-3 against Kentucky.

Fans are so 17n dumb. Leach has pedigree unlike anyone since Jackie and these idiots want to fire him after two games.