PDA

View Full Version : Muschamp

SteelCurtain74
10-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Saw this article about Muschamp. Best quote:

"Have you and the coaches thought about wearing ski masks? That would make it easier to steal money from (South Carolina athletic director) Ray Tanner,? the caller said, according to Josh Kendall of The Athletic."

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/frustrated-south-carolina-fan-calls-into-will-muschamp-radio-show-to-suggest-he-wear-a-different-kind-of-mask/

If he loses to Vanderbilt on Saturday I think he's fired.

TrapGame
10-08-2020, 08:43 PM
LOL!

Vandy make give them a game.

The Federalist Engineer
10-09-2020, 01:00 PM
Muschamp is one of Nick Saban's star assistants from the 2003 National Championship for LSU (Muschamp, Derek Dooley, Jimbo Fisher). At one point in life, mid-2000s, he was the Texas Coach-In-Waiting, back when Mack Brown was still revered.

He was the highest paid Coordinator in College Football because he has a great record as a DC.

He actually interviewed for the Clemson job. He almost ruined Dabo's incredible Forest Gump ascension to greatness.

What would have happened to Clemson with Muschamp, ruins no doubt. But what would have happened to Dabo?

parabrave
10-09-2020, 10:11 PM
Muschamp is one of Nick Saban's star assistants from the 2003 National Championship for LSU (Muschamp, Derek Dooley, Jimbo Fisher). At one point in life, mid-2000s, he was the Texas Coach-In-Waiting, back when Mack Brown was still revered.

He was the highest paid Coordinator in College Football because he has a great record as a DC.

He actually interviewed for the Clemson job. He almost ruined Dabo's incredible Forest Gump ascension to greatness.

What would have happened to Clemson with Muschamp, ruins no doubt. But what would have happened to Dabo?

The devil must be his agent because I don't see how he even got the SC job and how he has been able to keep it/

Cooterpoot
10-10-2020, 10:37 AM
The question is who will get Muschamp as DC after he's fired? He will help somebody.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 10:40 AM
The question is who will get Muschamp as DC after he's fired? He will help somebody.

Agreed. Someone's going to end up with a great D coordinator for a few years.

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Muschamp is a terrible head coach. I also believe he would not be that good as a coordinator at a team that doesn't have all A+ talent.

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2020, 01:10 PM
On that note, jimbo also sucks. He has called 4 timeouts in this game during stopped clock situations. Mond is about to throw a pick too. Mark it.

parabrave
10-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Mason is saving Muschamps job. No wonder every coach thinks he is a great coach and Vandy is lucky to have him

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 02:57 PM

Napier will want the job.

Only question I have is will South Carolina try to go the retread route instead? Because historically that's what they have had the most success doing.

The Federalist Engineer
10-10-2020, 03:17 PM
Napier will want the job.

Only question I have is will South Carolina try to go the retread route instead? Because historically that's what they have had the most success doing.

The most USC thing is Bobby Bowden or Barry Switzer, if they are still alive

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 03:25 PM
The most USC thing is Bobby Bowden or Barry Switzer, if they are still alive

That's right! I'm expecting them to kick the tires on Urban Meyer and then maybe go with Napier if that doesn't work out.

msbulldog
10-10-2020, 05:05 PM
That's right! I'm expecting them to kick the tires on Urban Meyer and then maybe go with Napier if that doesn't work out.

Todd SC can't afford Meyer, even if they could he'd laugh at them. Napier is there next coach.

Todd4State
10-10-2020, 05:14 PM
Todd SC can't afford Meyer, even if they could he'd laugh at them. Napier is there next coach.

I would have thought the same about Holtz and Spurrier. But I do think Napier will be their next coach.

SteelCurtain74
10-10-2020, 05:21 PM
He better enjoy today's win because I don't see many more on his schedule. Maybe Ole Miss, maybe Mizzou and maybe Kentucky.