PDA

View Full Version : Where Does Kiffin End Up Next Year?

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:22 AM
Texas
Texas A&M
Auburn

Where do you think Kiffin ends up next season?

If offered either of these three jobs, which is possible, I think he jumps after this year

msstate7
10-06-2020, 08:25 AM
Doubt he's offered any of those.

I sorta expect urban at Texas next season.

TrapGame
10-06-2020, 08:33 AM
If he has a successful season, especially getting om to crack the top 25, he'll bolt to Texas if they fire Herman.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:35 AM
Doubt he's offered any of those.

I sorta expect urban at Texas next season.

I'm sure Texas will want Urban but he's always a wild card. I could see Kiffin being the #2 option for that job. I could see Urban waiting for USC to come open as well.

Auburn could come open as well. The reason is that Bo Nix just isn't any good, as I said last year. He just isn't good enough to be what they need.

TrapGame
10-06-2020, 08:37 AM
If Herman is fired at Texas does Auburn take a chance?

Leeshouldveflanked
10-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Florida State.

TrapGame
10-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Florida State.

That place is as toxic as Three Mile Island.

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:51 AM
If Herman is fired at Texas does Auburn take a chance?

Herman is a bad guy and not a good coach. Would be a huge mistake by Auburn

I’ve got a connection with Herman

The Federalist Engineer
10-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Everybody wants to be in Austin. Even old men that fall asleep at 8:30 PM want to be in Austin.

It must be the endless variety of Taco Stands and the available Topo Chico.

https://food.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2016/7/14/1/FN_austin-tacos-torchys-opener_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.441.331.suffix/1468562966321.jpeg

PGHBulldogBG
10-06-2020, 08:55 AM
Kiffin is going to need to prove himself for more than one year to get a bigger job. I think he is a solid coach but not great, similar to my thoughts on Leach. He needs to get their defense fixed before they can get to over .500 in the conference

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 08:57 AM
Kiffin is going to need to prove himself for more than one year to get a bigger job. I think he is a solid coach but not great, similar to my thoughts on Leach. He needs to get their defense fixed before they can get to over .500 in the conference

Who else is Texas, Auburn, and A&M going to hire?

What are the other options?

TrapGame
10-06-2020, 09:00 AM
Who else is Texas, Auburn, and A&M going to hire?

What are the other options?

You really think A&M pulls the trigger on the $75 Million Dollar Man?

ShotgunDawg
10-06-2020, 09:03 AM
You really think A&M pulls the trigger on the $75 Million Dollar Man?

Probably not but it depends on how bad it gets. $ is not a factor for A&M.

FISHDAWG
10-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Kiffen will be at OM next year .... It's an unusual year and I don't think we will see a lot of movement in the coaching ranks this year .... I do think that he will get them back competing and will get some AD's attention before long

StarkVegasSteve
10-06-2020, 09:41 AM
Probably not but it depends on how bad it gets. $ is not a factor for A&M.

A&M isn't firing Jimbo. The only team I honestly see pulling the trigger is USCe. Athletic Depts. are hemorrhaging money right now and I doubt any of them want to have to for over 50+ mil, or in A&M's case probably close to 100 mil, to fire a staff and hire a new one.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2020, 09:44 AM
Not going to be many openings. He'll be in Oxford.

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 09:44 AM
Kiffin will be at OM for more than one year, but he's eventually going to bolt. Any of the big schools in FL or Cali are possibilities. Kiffin fits in Mississippi like Coke and toothpaste.

BeardoMSU
10-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Kiffin fits in Mississippi like Coke and toothpaste.

Idk, he seems to fit OM's culture pretty well.

KOdawg1
10-06-2020, 12:02 PM
Oh from the douchebag aspect of things, no doubt. But he doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live in Mississippi for 10 years.

BeardoMSU
10-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Oh from the douchebag aspect of things, no doubt. But he doesn't strike me as a guy who wants to live in Mississippi for 10 years.

Ah, good point. That's for sure.

bulldawg28
10-06-2020, 01:14 PM

Agreed. He's the most relaxed I've seen him in a long time. He can actually be himself and isn't scrutinized because of it. I think he stays until he wants another challenge.

HancockCountyDog
10-06-2020, 02:29 PM
Lets slow down. He has won 1 game. My guess is that he can maybe win 2 or 3 more.

Most college teams don't have the income to buy anyone out right now. Teams aren't firing coaches that have multiple years left on their contract.

DownwardDawg
10-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Good thread shotgun. I think he's stuck for a couple years because of Covid. But for some reason people love him and think he's a good coach. He'll win just enough in Oxford for a Florida or California team to hire him away, where he'll get fired after 3-4 years for sucking again.

Bothrops
10-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Ole Miss

TUSK
10-06-2020, 10:24 PM
there any chance y'alll could buy him out?

OurState
10-06-2020, 11:31 PM
Agreed. He's the most relaxed I've seen him in a long time. He can actually be himself and isn't scrutinized because of it. I think he stays until he wants another challenge.

Agree. If I were setting a line I would say the O/U is 3.5 years.

Captain Falcon
10-06-2020, 11:44 PM
He?ll be at Ole Miss next year. He?s got a 4-6 or 5-5 team this year and that?s not going to be enough for him to warrant serious interest from a bigger job just yet.

Percho
10-06-2020, 11:49 PM
He was as lucky to win that game last week as JOMO was to win the last egg bowl.

Give me a break about how good they are.

lastmajordog
10-07-2020, 08:16 AM
I think the 2nd coming will have a lot to do with his time there.....

Ari Gold
10-07-2020, 09:16 AM
Look at the back of Kiffin’s baseball card.. he is a 3 year max guy wherever he has been. OM won’t be any different. He could be there 2 more years or 2 more days..

With Urban I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans offer him.. if his “health” can handle another coaching gig..

Yeah I think the honeymoon is for sure over with Herman and Lincoln Riley .. the Red River Rivalry has a different feel this year...

we all know Gus has 9 lives , but he is stuck with Nix as QB there for the next 2-3 years.. would be fitting if a legacy player ends up being his nail in the coffin. Would also be interesting if Aub drops the hammer after the season if Arky would have the balls..

And Jimbo is Jimbo.. an over paid over hyped coach.. he really left FSU in a good situation..

BrunswickDawg
10-07-2020, 11:00 AM
Look at the back of Kiffin’s baseball card.. he is a 3 year max guy wherever he has been. OM won’t be any different. He could be there 2 more years or 2 more days..

With Urban I wouldn’t be surprised if the Texans offer him.. if his “health” can handle another coaching gig..

Yeah I think the honeymoon is for sure over with Herman and Lincoln Riley .. the Red River Rivalry has a different feel this year...

we all know Gus has 9 lives , but he is stuck with Nix as QB there for the next 2-3 years.. would be fitting if a legacy player ends up being his nail in the coffin. Would also be interesting if Aub drops the hammer after the season if Arky would have the balls..

And Jimbo is Jimbo.. an over paid over hyped coach.. he really left FSU in a good situation..

Lincoln Riley will be interesting to watch. This is the first year that the program is primarily his players, and he doesn't have an All-World QB. I could see the wheels falling off if he isn't as good of a coach as Stoops' players made him look to be.

msstate7
10-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Lincoln Riley will be interesting to watch. This is the first year that the program is primarily his players, and he doesn't have an All-World QB. I could see the wheels falling off if he isn't as good of a coach as Stoops' players made him look to be.

He'll be in the nfl soon imo.