PDA

View Full Version : What happens if Dak beats Johnny???

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Where does that leave things in your mind headed into next season?

Where does that leave us in the media's mind headed into next season?

CJDAWG85
11-07-2013, 09:19 AM
I would shit my pants.

TSUN delusion level sets in!!!

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Actually, this would confirm many things I think I am seeing with eyes, however I do think Mullen would be back on the hot seat if we lose to Ark and or OM.

The biggest thing winning this game could do it confirm that we are moving in the right direction, and, at least for the time being, have everyone pulling the same way on the rope again.

There are many things "big things" this team does well that get overlooked by the monumental collapses and errors. If we win, it would expose those good and help a person on the fence with Mullen realize that things are much better than what they are hearing.

For the anti-Mullen crowd, they'll most likely still feel the same way they do now and write the win up to bad officiating or aTm playing poorly. Once people make up their mind, it's hard to swing them back.

BulldogBear
11-07-2013, 09:27 AM

Hopeful

It will change only minimally from where it is now. TAMU will be "down" or have played "down." We will receive zero credit for topping John F Football.

DawgInMemphis
11-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Winning is a cure-all.

FISHDAWG
11-07-2013, 09:37 AM
if Dak beats Johnnie ......... I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 09:48 AM

How much are gold bars worth these days? Because I would be shitting three or four.

EngineerDawg
11-07-2013, 09:56 AM

You bring up a good point.... but I would like to add to it.

I actually think Dak can have a statistically better day than JFF. To me, Dak is a much better pure runner with his strength, size, and quickness. JFF just has some of divine elusiveness that can't be taught.

sbcmortgageman
11-07-2013, 09:58 AM
It all hinges on who Jackie cheers for Saturday.

PassInterference
11-07-2013, 10:22 AM
If Dak beats JFF, then I'll watch the replay.

I'm currently anticipating bailing out (of TV) in the 2nd Q or early 2nd half. Basically gonna act like a student and get the most out of my Saturday.

drunkernhelldawg
11-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Fans are often deluded by seeing a player make one or two incredible plays. A football game is a long journey, not a sprint, and zillions of forgotten players have made amazing plays at some point in their playing careers, but the truly great ones do it for four quarters and through the whole schedule, and that is incredibly rare.

Johnny Manziel is a truly great player. If Dak beats him in one game, Johnny Manziel will still be a truly great player. Dak has the raw talent, but he is not close to that level, as was made obvious in last week's game.

I'll say it one more time; Tyler Russell should be our quarterback. He is much closer to Manziel than Dak is at this point. This quarterback move is the key to Mullen's problems, in my opinion. It was Mullen's last move before totally losing his team. How can he be trusted if he can just be blown this way and that way by popular opinion? In what is he grounded?

slickdawg
11-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Hopeful

It will change only minimally from where it is now. TAMU will be "down" or have played "down." We will receive zero credit for topping John F Football.

Because our own damned fans won't take pride in winning a game, they look for a reason to have won. Bo Bounds was right, "at the end of the day, Mullen has beaten Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. I don't care ff they were down or had a bad game, that's not my problem"

Do Ole Miss fans give a shit that LSU had some horrible turnovers in the end zone? No, they are talking about beating LSU.

msstate7
11-07-2013, 10:32 AM

Autograph deal to follow.

Really though I've said dak will be the best qb in the west next season. Manziel. Aj, and met won't be back IMO

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 10:35 AM
I think it would immediately elevate Dak as one of the best returning QBs in the SEC next year, put us in a great place to win 4 of our last 5, let us end the season ranked with an 8-5 record, and enter next season ranked in the top 20.

bottom line is this... we've got nothin to lose this week, and everything to win. I hope they realize this a play balls out.

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Yep, and it's a great showcase game to do it on CBS. It would definitely stop the negative bull shit that all the internet super heroes are spewing and that is fine and dandy to me.

CadaverDawg
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM

#Dak4Heisman2014

Sam&DeansDawg
11-07-2013, 10:44 AM
I'll put another suspension on my Ranger.

Barking 13
11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
if Dak beats Johnnie ......... I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

You comin' over to my crib?

Goat Holder
11-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Agreed. I'll never understand how our fans could say that working over Georgia, Auburn, Tennessee or Arkansas would NOT be a great win in ANY year at MSU. Who gives two shits if they were 'down'? When they whip our ass they don't feel sorry for us for being 'down'. That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

Most give credit for beating Florida in Gainesville, I'll give our fans that at least. Mullen's also dominated Kentucky, beaten Vandy on the road, gone 3-1 vs. Ole Miss and hadn't embarrassed us vs. a non-BCS school. NONE of those have EVER been sure wins in the history of our school.

FISHDAWG
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
You comin' over to my crib?
ha - never noticed, but I'm already there

BulldogBear
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Because our own damned fans won't take pride in winning a game, they look for a reason to have won. Bo Bounds was right, "at the end of the day, Mullen has beaten Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vanderbilt. I don't care ff they were down or had a bad game, that's not my problem"

Do Ole Miss fans give a shit that LSU had some horrible turnovers in the end zone? No, they are talking about beating LSU.

I agree slick. I'm saying that's the way the media does us. We'll know what's what but they won't fawn over us the way they would Ole Miss.

geotop
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
If we beat JFF and TAMU, our program will finally be recognized by the media as legit. Imagine the coverage we will get , Johnny Football
has dominated the airwaves since he started and should he fall, the media will devour him for all the arrogant shinanigans. and Dak will
receive a lot of hype and good pub which can only reflect well on our team. And imagine the heartburn up north ,,, hee hee hee !!!

Hail State ! ! !

Coach34
11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
What happens if Dak beats Johnny???

I'm gonna get extremely drunk and piss myself

Coach34
11-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Mullen's also dominated Kentucky, beaten Vandy on the road, gone 3-1 vs. Ole Miss and hadn't embarrassed us vs. a non-BCS school. NONE of those have EVER been sure wins in the history of our school.

I do find it funny too many of our fans take for granted these things that we were never able to accomplish before Mullen

Radddawg
11-07-2013, 12:07 PM
We all get drunk and throw one hell of a party.

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 12:07 PM
I do find it funny too many of our fans take for granted these things that we were never able to accomplish before Mullen

That's more of an indictment of how shitty our previous administration and coaches were than it is a testament of how awesome Mullen is.

RougeDawg
11-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I will be in the top 10 most drunk people in New Orleans Saturday if we beat JFF and that's a y'all order on both fronts.

I'm curious as to what some of you have seen change this week that makes you think you will see a different product on the field than we all have the past 14 games or so? Did I miss something? Did we have a handful Of players get cleared by NCAA or A&M suspend half of their offense? Was Evans busted for dope last night in college station? Each week I see the same old shit from our team, further diminishes any hope I have that something will change and we will start playing inspired football again.

Our season depends on Ark and OM.

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 12:27 PM
goat nailed it. Progress under CDM... the only thing that's changed of late is our administration. CDM seemed to be doing just fine under the Ninja's tenure.

Goat Holder
11-07-2013, 12:32 PM
That's bullshit youngster. Over 100 years all that nonsense gets leveled out.

Dawgtini
11-07-2013, 12:40 PM
+1

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2013, 12:50 PM
goat nailed it. Progress under CDM... the only thing that's changed of late is our administration. CDM seemed to be doing just fine under the Ninja's tenure.

Mullen has recruited better under this regime than the ninja's though.

Goat Holder
11-07-2013, 01:35 PM
the only thing that's changed of late is our administration. CDM seemed to be doing just fine under the Ninja's tenure.

To be fair, Cohen is doing just fine under the current AD. I don't think it's so much the AD as it is just the natural progression of things. MSU has some success, can't deal with it, then loses again, and has to build back up. I think it's a testament to Mullen that he's kept us respectable during that time, and regardless, we're about to see another upswing - and without 6 years of 3-9 in between. I do think they messed up by scheduling the payday in Houston, but I can get over that.

Of course, it's well documented that we don't completely agree on what the AD as a whole is doing right now. That will play out soon enough.

Dawgfan77
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
It would be monumental but this is the last game at Kyle field for JFF, last game for Evans, and last home game of the year. 700 game all time for the aggies and last game before major renovations. The stars are just not aligned for us

Coach34
11-07-2013, 02:33 PM
That's more of an indictment of how shitty our previous administration and coaches were than it is a testament of how awesome Mullen is.

or maybe those things are just extremely hard to accomplish at State- but Mullen makes it look easy

cheewgumm
11-07-2013, 02:40 PM
I bet stansbury could make this case also. ... And I think you were right on in your indictment of stans.

MarketingBully01
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I saw a different team last week. If you take out the turnovers we beat South Carolina. Most of the **** ups last week were because of Dak. Now that we know what was going on with him (losing his mother) you can understand his state of mind.

Hopefully, the team will rally around him and he comes out more focused. Hopefully, he has learned from those mistakes. That is what I think will be the difference. A more focused Dak Preskott. Say what you will regarding the screw ups at the end of the first half but most of them were due to Dak (extra timeout, taking a sack). The reason I am optimistic we will make a game of it is because of a more focused determined Dak Preskott.

SignalToNoise
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
or maybe those things are just extremely hard to accomplish at State- but Mullen makes it look easy

That's a fair point. I hope that's not the case, though. Not much else to look forward to if so.

Coach34
11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
I bet stansbury could make this case also. ... And I think you were right on in your indictment of stans.

Stands did bring some consistency- and that was big- but after 14 years still couldnt make it any better. Stands was winning 20 games with weak schedules.

Mullen plays the equivalent of having Duke, North Carolina, and Louisville on the schedule EVERY season. And if Stands had had to do that- there would have been some embarrassing losses during his tenure.

That's why I dont judge them the same.