PDA

View Full Version : Payton and Williams...

maroonmania
10-04-2020, 07:14 PM
Where were they last night? Payton got 2 catches for 23 which included the broken play TD but Williams got nada all night. Was there just a concerted effort to rotate more WRs? Did Williams get hurt? Was costly not having him field that final punt.

R2Dawg
10-04-2020, 07:25 PM
Where were they last night? Payton got 2 catches for 23 which included the broken play TD but Williams got nada all night. Was there just a concerted effort to rotate more WRs? Did Williams get hurt? Was costly not having him field that final punt.

Good question especially on Williams. Payton is our best WR. He is a stud. Williams is most surehanded.

Heath hasn't showed me anything yet. Shavers is good. Nothing for Spivey yet. CML needs to use the TE some, could be a real weapon.

KOdawg1
10-04-2020, 07:29 PM
This staff seems to put a lot of emphasis on practice on a weekly basis. The guys who show out in practice that week are going to play.

HaggardDawg
10-04-2020, 07:50 PM
According to someone on the field, Williams had a hamstring issue

msstate7
10-04-2020, 07:57 PM

Explains why he wasn't on PR

Bothrops
10-04-2020, 08:05 PM
What happened to Tulu? I know he has game changing speed but we haven't seen him yet.

Cumbest is a big physical target that can move the chains and maybe break a tackle. No?

I thought Spivey would be a down field target this season.

Does KJ have a disability that prevents his head from rotating port side?

That speedster, Lee Witherspoon, hurt?

Caleb Ducking, how's he coming along?

Is King Ani getting back up to playing shape?

Eta I was thinking maybe these big and tall receivers could help us with these zone defenses. They are bigger and should be physical enough to go get the ball and win those one on one battles.

Cooterpoot
10-04-2020, 08:38 PM

He was in at the end of the game.

Homedawg
10-04-2020, 08:52 PM
What happened to Tulu? I know he has game changing speed but we haven't seen him yet.

Cumbest is a big physical target that can move the chains and maybe break a tackle. No?

I thought Spivey would be a down field target this season.

Does KJ have a disability that prevents his head from rotating port side?

That speedster, Lee Witherspoon, hurt?

Caleb Ducking, how's he coming along?

Is King Ani getting back up to playing shape?

Eta I was thinking maybe these big and tall receivers could help us with these zone defenses. They are bigger and should be physical enough to go get the ball and win those one on one battles.

Ducking is not eligible.
King ani is not in the rotation probably never will be. He's not very good. Same thing w love just as I said last year.

Todd4State
10-04-2020, 08:55 PM
I think the answer to the original post is both play slot receiver and we did a poor job targeting them.

Homedawg
10-04-2020, 08:58 PM
I wasn't there but I didn't see Williams play many offensive snaps at all. Don't know what this issue was.

Jarius
10-04-2020, 09:02 PM
When they are dropping 8 into coverage we aren’t going to have anyone show out at wide receiver. We have to have tailbacks make plays to get them out of that coverage. The quarterback making awful decisions and our tailbacks are the reason the receivers had nothing open. The OL needs to run block better but Kylin would have made way more out of the opportunities than the other 2 did. Once we start bashing teams in that look the receivers will once again look like they did against LSU. It is a numbers game.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2020, 09:48 PM
This staff seems to put a lot of emphasis on practice on a weekly basis. The guys who show out in practice that week are going to play.

Mullen was the same.

It keeps things competitive and ensures guys play hard.

Although it does suck sometimes, it's the right way to go after seeing the opposite in the Jomo tenure

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2020, 09:49 PM
Ducking is not eligible.
King ani is not in the rotation probably never will be. He's not very good. Same thing w love just as I said last year.

How is Ducking not eligible?

KOdawg1
10-04-2020, 10:03 PM
How is Ducking not eligible?

Academic stuff from JUCO I believe. Might be a similar situation that Chauncey Rivers had.

Todd4State
10-04-2020, 10:39 PM
Mullen was the same.

It keeps things competitive and ensures guys play hard.

Although it does suck sometimes, it's the right way to go after seeing the opposite in the Jomo tenure

The difference is Leach actually plays guys that really play well in practice instead of just saying the juniors and seniors all played well.

FISHDAWG
10-05-2020, 07:03 AM
KJ seemed to stare down his receivers this game

R2Dawg
10-05-2020, 12:05 PM
Ducking is not eligible.

Ani was like a 3/4 star; so is he a bust? The rating system is a joke.

KOdawg1
10-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Ani was like a 3/4 star; so is he a bust? The rating system is a joke.

I think he was probably a pretty good prospect pre-injury, but he's had several surgeries and I don't think he's ever really recovered.

NCDawg
10-06-2020, 12:19 PM
Ducking is not eligible.

It appears to me that what I've seen so far, most of our DB's aren't very good either, and we have only 2 relatively good OL-Cross and Parker.

R2Dawg
10-06-2020, 01:32 PM
It appears to me that what I've seen so far, most of our DB's aren't very good either, and we have only 2 relatively good OL-Cross and Parker.

Greg Eiland is a 3 year starter so he must be pretty good? That is beating out a lot of guys in 3 years.

NCDawg
10-06-2020, 02:10 PM
Greg Eiland is a 3 year starter so he must be pretty good? That is beating out a lot of guys in 3 years.

Yeah, I guess Eiland is pretty good. I don't think I saw him in there last week-guess he was hurt. I think he plays better at Guard than tackle. He's not quick enough at tackle-too many guys run around him and get to the QB.

Cooterpoot
10-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Eiland struggled vs LSU before going out. The OL has been inconsistent minus Cross and Parker. Sharp taking over center this week might be good. He had a solid game vs LSU at G but struggled their some last week. Smith has struggled with the snap and got hammered last week.