PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky -3

msstate7
10-04-2020, 02:25 PM
Lose this one, and we staring at 1-4

MetEdDawg
10-04-2020, 02:29 PM
Anyone that bets that line is a fool. There's no telling what happens next Saturday. You couldn't pay me to offer at that line. We could win by 20 because Leach adjusts and Kentucky is unprepared or we could struggle again and it be a close game that goes either way.

the_real_MSU_is_us
10-04-2020, 02:40 PM
Well Ill say 2 things:

1) our D has been solid and the weakness (secondary) isn't something Kentucky can exploit well. I think they'll struggle to put up points.

2) Kentucky's secondary is trash. I know in zone that doesn't matter so much, but it's still something

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Heck if we just eliminate the turnovers we should be just fine. Can we? Guess we'll find out.

R2Dawg
10-04-2020, 03:21 PM
Heck if we just eliminate the turnovers we should be just fine. Can we? Guess we'll find out.

Take away the TO and we are 2-0. One thing I've learned all these years being a Dawg. I wouldn't bet anything on them. Nothing is safe, either way.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Take away the TO and we are 2-0. One thing I've learned all these years being a Dawg. I wouldn't bet anything on them. Nothing is safe, either way.

Yep i learned that years ago too!

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2020, 03:25 PM
I think we get better this week and play better Saturday.

Our players have seen exactly what they're up against now and will learn and improve.

We're on the right path. Just have to continuously progress.

RougeDawg
10-04-2020, 05:46 PM
I was there yesterday and for whatever reason, the game atmosphere felt like a spring scrimmage with the 25% capacity. Energy was fine for the amount of people, but it just seemed like the players took longer to get amped up. The away team always has some internal motivation, while the home team relies on the crowd some. Might explain what happened last week in BR too. Our guys went in with something to prove and subconsciously knew going in, they could not depend on the crowd for energy.

The mind is habitual, and the abnormality of everything going on, throws off the mental norms. Especially the first time something happens during all of this. I may be completely off on this, but the energy just wasn?t there. Hopefully they increase the capacity limits soon.

I understand homes teams have played well so far. Yesterday just felt like being in some weird movie where nothing made sense. From no people even around the stadium a few hours before kickoff to not seeing a single tailgate tent. Felt like a dream where everything does not make sense but you know it should be making sense and can?t figure out why it isn?t.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 05:49 PM
I was there yesterday and for whatever reason, the game atmosphere felt like a spring scrimmage with the 25% capacity. Energy was fine for the amount of people, but it just seemed like the players took longer to get amped up. The away team always has some internal motivation, while the home team relies on the crowd some. Might explain what happened last week in BR too. Our guys went in with something to prove and subconsciously knew going in, they could not depend on the crowd for energy.

The mind is habitual, and the abnormality of everything going on, throws off the mental norms. Especially the first time something happens during all of this. I may be completely off on this, but the energy just wasn?t there. Hopefully they increase the capacity limits soon.

I understand homes teams have played well so far. Yesterday just felt like being in some weird movie where nothing made sense. From no people even around the stadium a few hours before kickoff to not seeing a single tailgate tent. Felt like a dream where everything does not make sense but you know it should be making sense and can?t figure out why it isn?t.

Good point. Good to see you back posting.

RougeDawg
10-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Good point. Good to see you back posting.

Ha thanks. Have had a lot going on. Oil industry struggling right now, and trying to do more with less. Been an interesting 6-7 months.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 05:53 PM
Ha thanks. Have had a lot going on. Oil industry struggling right now, and trying to do more with less. Been an interesting 6-7 months.

Amen to that. Was getting worried about you.

RocketDawg
10-04-2020, 06:50 PM
I think the team will do better this weekend. They were feeling invincible to some degree after beating the national champions and were brought back down to earth by Arkansas. It's up to Leach to straighten the team out, and up to KJ to straighten himself out.

confucius say
10-05-2020, 07:13 AM

Agree. Was there too and had same thoughts

ShotgunDawg
10-05-2020, 07:16 AM

Good post.

A ton of homes have been losing and no doubt this is part of the issue

TheLostDawg
10-05-2020, 08:03 AM
We also have a lot of things we can work on. After LSU we didn't have as much. We also have an idea of how to improve when they give us a zone defense which I imagine we will see a lot of in the next few years.

TrapGame
10-05-2020, 09:17 AM
We also have a lot of things we can work on. After LSU we didn't have as much. We also have an idea of how to improve when they give us a zone defense which I imagine we will see a lot of in the next few years.

Yep. This week of practice should be intense. From Leach on down. A lot of work on hitting a zone defense.

PGHBulldogBG
10-05-2020, 10:49 AM
I don?t think gamblers should ever bet on Leach in either direction. I could see us beating Bama and losing to Missouri at this rate.

Jack Lambert
10-05-2020, 10:52 AM

I am sitting in upper deck and you don't know how tight coverage is until you watch that air raid high enough to see it developed.

Captain Falcon
10-05-2020, 11:32 AM
I would not touch this game. Really have no clue what to expect. Kentucky has not looked good but they do have a strong running game. We are a total wildcard on both sides of the ball right now.

I do think we have a great chance to win, but I would not bet money on it. I think it's going to be a close game but I could also see it being a blowout in either direction.

KOdawg1
10-05-2020, 11:44 AM
I see a close game in either direction.

I think our run defense has shown it's good enough to slow down UK. As long as we don't turn the ball over like we've been doing, I like our chances, but if KJ comes out and throws 2-3 INTs and another pick-6, we'll see a similar result as this past Saturday. Can't turn the ball over.

msstate7
10-07-2020, 06:42 PM
Line now Kentucky -1.5 to 2

FISHDAWG
10-08-2020, 06:52 AM
Folks must be putting $ on us ... wonder what they know that I don't - seems like a crap shoot from my perspective

Cooterpoot
10-08-2020, 07:13 AM
I'm taking KY and the points. Even if I lose, maybe we win. My luck has been crap lately. Feels like a win/win bet to me.

messageboardsuperhero
10-08-2020, 08:18 AM
Lose this one, and we staring at 1-4

You are conceding a home game to Texas A&M? Because I am not at all- even if we lose Saturday.

msstate7
10-08-2020, 08:40 AM
You are conceding a home game to Texas A&M? Because I am not at all- even if we lose Saturday.

If we lose to ark and Kentucky in back-to-back weeks, yeah

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2020, 10:05 AM
That nose guard for Kentucky is going to be a problem.

HailStateSZN19
10-08-2020, 10:08 AM
I ain't touching the line on our game this weekend and might not touch it next weekend. Just too many questions need to be answered before I feel comfortable knowing enough about this team to bet on them one way or the other.

Weather is going to be crappy this weekend. I'm scared of what our offense *could* look like if it's pouring down rain and windy.

Percho
10-08-2020, 01:02 PM
That nose guard for Kentucky is going to be a problem.

Who will he be going up against?

Turfdawg67
10-08-2020, 01:39 PM
I'm taking KY and the points. Even if I lose, maybe we win. My luck has been crap lately. Feels like a win/win bet to me.

If I ever did that, UK would win but not cover, so I'd lose both ways.

Maroonthirteen
10-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Who will he be going up against?

Based on his size.... I'd say a Guard, Center and Guard

msstate7
10-09-2020, 09:01 PM
All lines back to Kentucky -3

HancockCountyDog
10-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Home field advantage does not exist this season.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 10:20 AM
SECN guys picked Kentucky

Cooterpoot
10-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Rain and wind and zone coverage. I wouldn't pick us either.

Cowbell
10-10-2020, 10:39 AM
If we lose to ark and Kentucky in back-to-back weeks, yeah
Texas A&M is overrated again. They could easily lose to both those teams.

Jarius
10-10-2020, 10:54 AM
I'll be pretty surprised if we don't win. Kentucky isn't a good football team. They have been a good football team once in my entire adult lifetime. Stoops would have been fired 5 years ago if he coached in the West.

msstate7
10-10-2020, 10:59 AM
Sorta interesting that this game has come full circle since mumme vs Sherrill. We're the pass happy team, and they're the run/defense team.

Bothrops
10-10-2020, 11:32 AM

If we lose today, that game will be 50/50 at best.

HoopsDawg
10-10-2020, 11:55 AM
I'll be pretty surprised if we don't win. Kentucky isn't a good football team. They have been a good football team once in my entire adult lifetime. Stoops would have been fired 5 years ago if he coached in the West.

It took a miracle for UK to lose to Ole Miss. A players celebrated too early as he was going in for a TD. Then they missed 2 FG's. Lost in OT. UK played AU tough. We just lost to Arky. So I can't say I agree with this take.

Lord McBuckethead
10-10-2020, 11:55 AM
We win by 17.

Bothrops
10-10-2020, 01:32 PM
It took a miracle for UK to lose to Ole Miss. A players celebrated too early as he was going in for a TD. Then they missed 2 FG's. Lost in OT. UK played AU tough. We just lost to Arky. So I can't say I agree with this take.

Ole Miss has no defense though. Like none.

Jarius
10-10-2020, 03:34 PM

Ok. We will see in a few hours. The take that Kentucky has had 1 good team in my adult lifetime is fact, though. They suck every year. If they beat us it's not because they don't suck.

DownwardDawg
10-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Ole Miss has no defense though. Like none.

It doesn't look like their offense is that great either. They scored a ton against Florida. Well, it looks like everyone will score a ton against Florida.