PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Idiocy

BrunswickDawg
11-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah, this makes sense....

http://deadspin.com/ncaa-dqs-colgate-kid-for-a-year-for-playing-church-leag-1459931471

Bracky suspends Redmond 5 more games just to be safe.

The quicker the NCAA dies, the better.

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 08:43 AM
I can't begin to understand why the schools grant power to a powerless body.

they're a club. they have zero legal authority.

smootness
11-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Because the schools wanted an even playing field; they didn't want people cheating, so they created an organization to monitor it.

Unfortunately, the NCAA has now realized how powerless they are, some schools are now fighting back, and they are trying to flex their muscles in instances like this to make up for looking the other way when bigger, tougher schools do it.

Also, when enough schools buy in, the others pretty much have to fall in line if they want to be a part of the sport and actually bring in any revenues.

If USC, for example, broke away from the NCAA, and they were the only ones to do it, it would destroy their athletic department. It will have to be an agreement by all to break away before it's actually done, but we're definitely moving closer to that point.

starkvegasdawg
11-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Glad I never tried to play college baseball. Who knew my time playing church league softball would have banned me from doing so? The NCAA reminds me of one of those people that want to commit suicide but they don't have the guts to do it themselves so they go take a gas station hostage and force the police to shoot them. The NCAA is trying to force their member institutions to shoot them by letting Cam, JFF, etc. to skate but hammering some kid that played church league basketball. When will enough be enough?