PDA

View Full Version : When Leach was hired, I heard many on here saying Leach would adapt his offense and

Saltydog
10-04-2020, 10:39 AM
he would put more designated run plays in it, etc. So far, I don't think we've seen anything that indicates he's willing to change and knowing Leach, I'm not sure he will.

TrapGame
10-04-2020, 10:43 AM
Not disagreeing w/ you but having Kylin out for 90% of the game hurt. Could he have made a difference? We'll never know.

It's going to be interesting to see if UK follows the same defensive strategy as Ark. Will a healthy Kylin Hill make a difference?

Saltydog
10-04-2020, 11:16 AM
Not disagreeing w/ you but having Kylin out for 90% of the game hurt. Could he have made a difference? We'll never know.

It's going to be interesting to see if UK follows the same defensive strategy as Ark. Will a healthy Kylin Hill make a difference?

Agreed on Hill, I do think he would've made a difference but even said, will Leach adapt or will he continue doing what he's done?

PendingTransaction
10-04-2020, 11:22 AM
If we don't have a back, besides Kylin, who can run the ball against a Arkansas 3-man front, we have serious issues. I think it's more of a scheme problem than a RB one.

HancockCountyDog
10-04-2020, 11:51 AM
If we don't have a back, besides Kylin, who can run the ball against a Arkansas 3-man front, we have serious issues. I think it's more of a scheme problem than a RB one.

I thought Dillon Johnson looked great last night.

MaroonFlounder
10-04-2020, 11:53 AM
he would put more designated run plays in it, etc. So far, I don't think we've seen anything that indicates he's willing to change and knowing Leach, I'm not sure he will.

Didn't we run 20+ times last night?

Saltydog
10-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Yeah but it's the same play, a draw. Everyone in the house knew on that last 4th and 1 what we were going to run......Wasn't even close.......

BogeyGolfer
10-04-2020, 12:39 PM
Yeah but it's the same play, a draw. Everyone in the house knew on that last 4th and 1 what we were going to run......Wasn't even close.......

Yes, if he would have faked it and Castello could've walked into the endzone. Leach will either adjust or continue to lose close games....

Goldendawg
10-04-2020, 02:05 PM
Yes, if he would have faked it and Castello could've walked into the endzone. Leach will either adjust or continue to lose close games....

You may be right that he could have "walked into the endzone". From what I have seen thus far, he sure can't run very fast.

MetEdDawg
10-04-2020, 02:32 PM
You may be right that he could have "walked into the endzone". From what I have seen thus far, he sure can't run very fast.

Costello isn't nearly as mobile and flexible as I had expected. It's not comfortable to him. I think one of the things that has become essential in the majority of SEC offenses is a QB who can take advantage of opportunities with their legs.

That is one adjustment Leach needs to make. Having an athletic QB that can take advantage of defenses doing what was done to us last night while also being able to throw the football well.

TimberBeast
10-04-2020, 02:33 PM
I thought Dillon Johnson looked great last night.

He did, yet we kept giving it to marks.

maroonmania
10-04-2020, 02:40 PM

Only reason last night's game was close is because Arkansas is pretty bad on offense. We play games like last night on offense and we won't be losing games close.

hp22
10-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Only reason last night's game was close is because Arkansas is pretty bad on offense. We play games like last night on offense and we won't be losing games close.

Arkansas should have won by 3 touchdowns. We were that bad last night. I thought their screw ups offensively were going to cost them and we were going to win ugly up until the failure to lower the shoulder and get the first down...the second one.

If our offense is predicated on attacking space, then the film will show that space was at the line of scrimmage. Run to the left and right side of the line. Let them work.

Arkansas made the game last night an 8 v 6 matchup. They took the line of scrimmage out of play. And we didn't force them to consider we are attempting to take it back.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Agreed on Hill, I do think he would've made a difference but even said, will Leach adapt or will he continue doing what he's done?

He'll keep doing what he's doing because his offense works but was executed like absolute shit last night.

I swear some of you have no idea what you're watching.

We played like shit in a game where a below average team ran a defense that our players have likely never faced in a real game before while our players were running a new offense that they've only used in 1 real game before.

It's gonna take a minute for Leach. Were extremely well coached and it'll show in time.

ShotgunDawg
10-04-2020, 03:31 PM

Huh?

We were in their red zone twice along with muffed punt that would've given us good field position and we came away with zero points, but they are the ones that should've won by 3 TDs? Huh?

What game are you watching?

Our execution was trash last night and that's the end of it.

TrapGame
10-04-2020, 03:39 PM
He'll keep doing what he's doing because his offense works but was executed like absolute shit last night.

I swear some of you have no idea what you're watching.

We played like shit in a game where a below average team ran a defense that our players have likely never faced in a real game before while our players were running a new offense that they've only used in 1 real game before.

It's gonna take a minute for Leach. Were extremely well coached and it'll show in time.

Stop making sense Shotgun. You're embarrassing yourself.***