PDA

View Full Version : Invest 92L may be cause for concern

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2020, 06:05 AM
Allow me to further piss all over your weekend with the news of a potential tropical system headed for the northern Gulf. As you can see the handful of tropical models Going out far enough to pick this system up are calling for it to be a cat 2/3 storm and to make landfall somewhere along the northern Gulf. Still plenty of time to watch it as we are still looking at several days from now.

ETA: looks like the intensity graphic not loading. But take my word on what it showed.

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/#92L

https://my.sfwmd.gov/sfwmd/common/images/weather/plots/storm_92.gif

msbulldog
10-04-2020, 06:07 AM
Thanks SVD.

Cooterpoot
10-04-2020, 06:09 AM
2020 is like the biblical plagues. God's golden shower if you will.

msugolf
10-04-2020, 06:46 AM
Just as long as it doesn't play zone defense we should be fine

DownwardDawg
10-04-2020, 08:49 AM
Just as long as it doesn't play zone defense we should be fine

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Uncle Ruckus
10-04-2020, 09:11 AM
How far out?

TimberBeast
10-04-2020, 10:10 AM
Vegas is there a timeline on this thing yet? I know it?s all uncertain but if it makes it?s way to the MS Coast what days are we looking at?

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2020, 11:04 AM
Vegas is there a timeline on this thing yet? I know it?s all uncertain but if it makes it?s way to the MS Coast what days are we looking at?

Probably sometime Thursday/Friday timeframe.

starkvegasdawg
10-04-2020, 02:31 PM
Not to sound the alarm yet, but all the latest model info is showing a category 2/3 hurricane hitting the MS coast Friday. A lot can (and probably will) change between now and then but if you have interests on the coast now is the time to start preparing for a possible major hurricane.

parabrave
10-04-2020, 03:23 PM
Way to early to predict.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 03:32 PM
I know it's really early but the hmon is showing it going through mobile and Hmon been very accurate so far. And it's way to far out to know anything for sure and I'm sure not a weather expert

TimberBeast
10-04-2020, 05:36 PM
Cruisin the Coast is this week too so that could definitely be a problem.

parabrave
10-04-2020, 06:18 PM
I know it's really early but the hmon is showing it going through mobile and Hmon been very accurate so far. And it's way to far out to know anything for sure and I'm sure not a weather expert

I'm with you on this. They have been dead on for every Pred. Plus this time of year this is what storms usually do, get to the mouth of the river then veer into the redneck Riveria. The GFS and HRWF are predicting it to hit around SW pass then go up through Hancock CTY but as a less intense system,.

Commercecomet24
10-04-2020, 07:03 PM
I'm with you on this. They have been dead on for every Pred. Plus this time of year this is what storms usually do, get to the mouth of the river then veer into the redneck Riveria. The GFS and HRWF are predicting it to hit around SW pass then go up through Hancock CTY but as a less intense system,.

I find meteorology extremely fascinating. I don't even pretend to understand it but it's pretty cool studying on it. I've leaned a lot just listening to you guys on here.

BeastMan
10-04-2020, 10:19 PM
Jeez I thought we were finally done. Hurricane Delta.... Insane

Indndawg
10-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Not to sound the alarm yet, but all the latest model info is showing a category 2/3 hurricane hitting the MS coast Friday. A lot can (and probably will) change between now and then but if you have interests on the coast now is the time to start preparing for a possible major hurricane.

Michael/Katrina

parabrave
10-05-2020, 09:04 AM
Michael/Katrina

Most models have it hitting Grand Isle area and falling apart. But we still have 4 days. So it could still move west toward houston or shift east toward mobile.

Commercecomet24
10-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Most models have it hitting Grand Isle area and falling apart. But we still have 4 days. So it could still move west toward houston or shift east toward mobile.

Man I hate this meterological russian roulette.

Statecoachingblows**
10-05-2020, 09:17 AM
That cone gets awful wide come Wednesday morning.

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2020, 11:06 AM
That cone gets awful wide come Wednesday morning.

Lot of uncertainty still on just where it will go.

viverlibre
10-05-2020, 11:19 AM
Way to early to predict.

Bullocks! Never TOO early to predict the paths of Hurikins!

starkvegasdawg
10-05-2020, 05:20 PM
System soon to be hurricane Delta. Winds now at 70mph. Forecast track has been fairly consistent with a landfall in LA before curving back through central MS. Parts of MS will see some high rainfall totals. Depending on track some areas could see 3-12". Tornadoes will also be a concern south and east of the center as it moves through.

RocketDawg
10-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Delta is now a hurricane at 75 mph. Underwent rapid intensification, and is forecast to impact Cancun and western Cuba possibly as a major hurricane, then the northern Gulf Coast (Louisiana, Alabama and the landmass between the two) Thursday or Friday. Could be a strong one.

Cancun and the Yucatan just got hit by Gamma, so now Delta is headed their way.