PDA

View Full Version : I've never seen that before

MetEdDawg
10-03-2020, 10:10 PM
Arkansas did almost the exact same thing on every single play defensively. They dropped 8, never blitzed that I remembered, and said good luck I dare you to sustain drives.

And we couldn't do it. Credit Odom. His plan worked and made Costello make mistakes.

But I'm not sure I've ever seen a team do virtually the exact same thing on defense every play. And Bumper Pool had 20 tackles tonight. Absolutely insane.

BeardoMSU
10-03-2020, 10:12 PM
Our RB's did admirably, tbh, but I've got to think not having Kylin hurt us bad as far as explosive plays go. He would've broken one I bet with those coverages getting the ball in space.

HoopsDawg
10-03-2020, 10:15 PM
KJ could have taken 4 yards on every play. He just couldn't do it. He finally started too and then he couldn't help but force it down to Payton in the endzone. Then he doesn't duck his shoulder. And we run it on 4th down. That run on 4th down gets stuffed a lot if you've watched Leach over the years.

defiantdog
10-03-2020, 10:16 PM
KJ freaked out and didn't trust the routes. Receivers were open. We should've sped the offense up so arky couldn't sit on the zone. Bad planning and bad Execution. Defense did their job though.

hp22
10-03-2020, 10:18 PM
And we pretty much approached it the same the entire night. We may have taken the 5 yards on first down and got 3 first downs. But we eventually got greedy.

On top of that, we did not make the tough plays. We also made the stupid ones. Were lucky we didn't get beat worse.

3rdGen
10-03-2020, 10:24 PM
Our RB's did admirably, tbh, but I've got to think not having Kylin hurt us bad as far as explosive plays go. He would've broken one I bet with those coverages getting the ball in space.

Yeah when Kylin went down I knew the game was about to be a dog fight.....but the death blow was turning it over 5 times.

3 turnovers and 2 turnovers on downs with no points.

Yikes!

HoopsDawg
10-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Yeah when Kylin went down I knew the game was about to be a dog fight.....but the death blow was turning it over 5 times.

3 turnovers and 2 turnovers on downs with no points.

Yikes!

We had 3 picks and a muffed punt. That's 4 turnovers. Not converting a 4th down is not a turnover.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2020, 10:33 PM
8 turnovers in 2 games...that's gotta be close to leading the nation in turnovers....

parabrave
10-03-2020, 10:33 PM
KJ freaked out and didn't trust the routes. Receivers were open. We should've sped the offense up so arky couldn't sit on the zone. Bad planning and bad Execution. Defense did their job though.

Thats basically whay coach Leach said. Costello just got behind the 8 ball and couldn't catch up with the game. I thought he went to Stanford?

BeardoMSU
10-03-2020, 10:34 PM
Not converting a 4th down is not a turnover.

When it happens inside the 5, and you come away with zero points, it might as ****ing well be a TO.

Hambone
10-03-2020, 10:42 PM
I’ve never understood how a “turn over on downs” isn’t a turn over???

You turned the damn ball over.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2020, 10:46 PM

Yep this in a nutshell. Kj could've dinked it down the field all night but he just couldn't be patient. Defense kept us in it.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2020, 10:46 PM
When we had to go for it on 4th down twice in the 1st quarter, we should have all known it was going to be a long damn night...

Bothrops
10-03-2020, 10:47 PM
We won't win shit with KJ.

Cooterpoot
10-03-2020, 10:51 PM
This offense never speeds up, never runs more than a couple running plays, and will not work in the SEC if we can't beat shitty teams like Arkansas. Costello is careless with the ball and soft as baby shit.
Our defense is playing better than it should be.
I'm going to have to get drunk or high before every game to survive this shit.

HancockCountyDog
10-03-2020, 10:52 PM
Arkansas did almost the exact same thing on every single play defensively. They dropped 8, never blitzed that I remembered, and said good luck I dare you to sustain drives.

And we couldn't do it. Credit Odom. His plan worked and made Costello make mistakes.

But I'm not sure I've ever seen a team do virtually the exact same thing on defense every play. And Bumper Pool had 20 tackles tonight. Absolutely insane.

Reading this article makes me worried we will see this particular defense all season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/nov/29/john-blanchette-washington-happy-to-let-mike-leach/%3famp-content=amp

somebodyshotmypaw
10-03-2020, 10:54 PM
I’ve never understood how a “turn over on downs” isn’t a turn over???

You turned the damn ball over.

Then I guess a punt would also be a turnover.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-03-2020, 11:00 PM
Reading this article makes me worried we will see this particular defense all season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/nov/29/john-blanchette-washington-happy-to-let-mike-leach/%3famp-content=amp

We will be...and the defenses will be much better than Arkansas...gonna be a long year.......

redstickdawg
10-03-2020, 11:24 PM
Leach needs to adjust or this is just the beginning of the pain. Count me as nervous, this was one the worst defenses that we will face and they shut us down, cold. Kj read too much of his own press last week and doesn't appear that It just means more is that you have to risk a bruise or two.

Hambone
10-03-2020, 11:25 PM
No, that’s a punt.

bluelightstar
10-03-2020, 11:34 PM
Leach needs to adjust or this is just the beginning of the pain. Count me as nervous, this was one the worst defenses that we will face and they shut us down, cold. Kj read too much of his own press last week and doesn't appear that It just means more is that you have to risk a bruise or two.

I should've seen this coming when he was talking about how surprising it was that guys in the SEC work out a lot harder and all think they're going to the league