PDA

View Full Version : Hill and Costello

TheLostDawg
10-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Seeing all the hype about Costello. It's warranted and I hope it continues. What I haven't seen a lot of is the Heisman talked for the SEC leading rusher during the regular season last year. Wouldn't it be exciting if we had two Heisman candidates this season. I think Hill will start getting more publicity as the season goes forward.

Hopefully after today both players stock will rise. :cool:

Cooterpoot
10-03-2020, 09:43 AM
Hill has no shot.

smootness
10-03-2020, 10:02 AM
Hill has no shot.

Agreed. Regardless of his receiving numbers, a RB who doesn't have 1,000 yards or much more will never win it.

hp22
10-03-2020, 10:15 AM
Agreed. Regardless of his receiving numbers, a RB who doesn't have 1,000 yards or much more will never win it.

I dont know man. The game is changing.

But I do get your point. The problem with a back that has 1000 yards receiving is the fact a quarterback on his on team had to throw it. So he would have to balance it out with heisman moments on the ground.

Lord McBuckethead
10-03-2020, 10:33 AM
I believe Hill is going to get more running attempts as the season goes. Maybe 8-10 a game at the highest level. C McCaffrey probably should have won one while at Stanford. Hill could equal his production.

smootness
10-03-2020, 10:51 AM
I believe Hill is going to get more running attempts as the season goes. Maybe 8-10 a game at the highest level. C McCaffrey probably should have won one while at Stanford. Hill could equal his production.

He could possibly near his overall production (though equaling it would be Herculean), but McCaffrey ran for 2,000 yards and caught passes for another 600. He was also Stanford's primary return man and had 2 return TDs. If you nearly flipped that, and Hill had something like 600 yards rushing and 1,300 yards receiving, it's incredibly impressive but doesn't feel the same coming from a RB. Then take into account the subtraction he gets because he's in Leach's system, and he just pretty much can't win it.