PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bob Gibson

basedog
10-03-2020, 09:38 AM
In my lifetime, he was the greatest, go look at his stats especially WS stats. Dude was a gamer like non other.
Just a great athlete, maybe the best strike thrower I ever saw or watched!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2020, 11:38 AM
One of my heroes growing up! I read his book at least a hundred times! Baseball was a different game then and he was one of the most intense competitors of all time! What a great pitcher he was!

Also was a great collegiate basketball player at Creighton and could've played in the nba. Was a dang good hitter too!

RIP Bob!

Todd4State
10-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Really bad day all around for the Cardinals. Bob Gibson passes away on the heels of Lou Brock passing away, got knocked out of the playoffs, Yadier's contract ran out, and Mo is still the GM.

Gibson was an absolute badass. Probably the model for intimidating pitchers. He also played for the Globetrotters.

Indndawg
10-03-2020, 02:33 PM
One of my heroes growing up! I read his book at least a hundred times! Baseball was a different game then and he was one of the most intense competitors of all time! What a great pitcher he was!

Also was a great collegiate basketball player at Creighton and could've played in the nba. Was a dang good hitter too!

RIP Bob!

I maybe very wrong, but didn't he hit 2 HR's in one game?

Joebob
10-03-2020, 02:49 PM
In my lifetime, he was the greatest, go look at his stats especially WS stats. Dude was a gamer like non other.
Just a great athlete, maybe the best strike thrower I ever saw or watched!

Hate to hear this. As a Giants fan, I hated having to go up against Gibson, even when Juan Marichal was pitching. Not only could they never beat him, they were lucky if they didn't get shut out. He was a true bad ass.

Commercecomet24
10-03-2020, 02:58 PM
I maybe very wrong, but didn't he hit 2 HR's in one game?

You're correct! Dude was one heckuva an athlete! Could really run too! If his knees hadn't gone bad he would've put up even bigger numbers!

Commercecomet24
10-03-2020, 02:58 PM
Hate to hear this. As a Giants fan, I hated having to go up against Gibson, even when Juan Marichal was pitching. Not only could they never beat him, they were lucky if they didn't get shut out. He was a true bad ass.

Man you're going back to the good ole days! I miss the baseball I watched growing up! Gibson and Marichal 2 legends!