PDA

View Full Version : Regardless if we win or lose on Saturday

It_Could_Happen
11-07-2013, 02:44 AM
I just want to see this team rally around their QB. I'm 18 and lost a grandfather to cancer this past February. Can't imagine what would it would be like losing a parent. This team and fan base need to rally around Dak.

On another note, I see us coming out and playing inspired football Saturday, but in the end I think Evans is to much.

A&M 42
State 40

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 09:04 AM
agreed. just want to see some good football and relentless effort.

I still think about leaving the Arkansas game in 2010 and how proud I was of the team. We lost, but they played with guts and grit and it was one of the best games I've ever seen.

CJDAWG85
11-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Couldn't agree more. One of the few losses I wasn't mad leaving the stadium. That team left everything out on the field.

BulldogBear
11-07-2013, 09:34 AM
I left mad. Not at the team. At the stupid rule. ...Anywhere else on the field...ANYWHERE.... when the ball is fumbled and goes out of bounds forward of where the fumble occurred, the offense retains possession and gets the ball at the point of the fumble. Why should it be any different in that case? The other team did nothing to gain possession just like when the ball goes out of bounds anywhere else. Perhaps if it went out the back of the endzone it should be touchback but not if it goes into the endzone and out of bounds. STUPID STUPID ARBITRARY RULE.

CJDAWG85
11-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Never thought about it like that, but that's a really good point. Almost as bad as getting a safety on your 4 yard line.

Schultzy
11-07-2013, 10:18 AM
I left mad. Not at the team. At the stupid rule. ...Anywhere else on the field...ANYWHERE.... when the ball is fumbled and goes out of bounds forward of where the fumble occurred, the offense retains possession and gets the ball at the point of the fumble. Why should it be any different in that case? The other team did nothing to gain possession just like when the ball goes out of bounds anywhere else. Perhaps if it went out the back of the endzone it should be touchback but not if it goes into the endzone and out of bounds. STUPID STUPID ARBITRARY RULE.

We took a 7 point lead in the 2nd half and then gave up an 80 yard td on the first play of the next possession on a short pass to the running back because why!?
Our safety was way out of position. Guess who. Same thing still going on today and in many games since, this is what frustrates me as a State fan, watching the exact same mistakes over and over.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2013, 10:55 AM
agreed. just want to see some good football and relentless effort.

I still think about leaving the Arkansas game in 2010 and how proud I was of the team. We lost, but they played with guts and grit and it was one of the best games I've ever seen.

I 100% agree. I just want to see
Relentless effort in the 2nd half.

slickdawg
11-07-2013, 11:07 AM
We took a 7 point lead in the 2nd half and then gave up an 80 yard td on the first play of the next possession on a short pass to the running back because why!?
Our safety was way out of position. Guess who. Same thing still going on today and in many games since, this is what frustrates me as a State fan, watching the exact same mistakes over and over.

That same guy that made this play in that game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7fW1eu1Aw

Schultzy
11-07-2013, 11:30 AM
That same guy that made this play in that game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj7fW1eu1Aw

He also made a great interception of Cam Newton in the end zone to save a td. He has made some great hits and very nice plays in his career.
Trying for the interception last week that he obviously couldn't get to instead of pushing the guy out of bounds I'd what I'm talking about here. I wish we wouldn't allow walk in td's because of poor decisions as a senior.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I just don't see this even being close. But I agree about being there for Dak

slickdawg
11-07-2013, 12:19 PM
We will either play a close competitive game with a chance to win, or we will mail in the rest of the season.