PDA

View Full Version : 50 percent capacity

preachermatt83
09-30-2020, 03:02 PM
The governor increased sporting event attendance to be up to 50% of capacity. Does this apply to colleges too?

Commercecomet24
09-30-2020, 03:04 PM
It should apply to all, yes.

Jarius
09-30-2020, 03:08 PM
We need to sell more tickets immediately if possible.

Jack Lambert
09-30-2020, 03:10 PM
I am sorry but if they do they better assigned seats.

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2020, 03:12 PM
Mask mandate also expires at 5:00pm except for schools and close contact businesses.

FISHDAWG
09-30-2020, 03:18 PM
I'm crediting Leach and Costello

HailStateSZN19
09-30-2020, 03:19 PM
Twitter is saying it's for high school football and extra curricular activities. I haven't seen anything about colleges.

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2020, 03:24 PM
Just HS but likely bodes we’ll for later in the season. Could see A&M and Auburn games at 50%

Homedawg
09-30-2020, 03:26 PM
Not for colleges

Jarius
09-30-2020, 03:28 PM
This is so damn dumb.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2020, 03:29 PM
Well that's bs if it's not extended to colleges. 50% should be 50%. No matter where you are. I understand the thought process is probably that a college gameday is going to bring fans from all over the state whereas high school games are usually only going to involve two towns. But honestly, the same people are going to come to Starkville whether its 25% or 50%. It'll just be whether they have tickets or not.

RocketDawg
09-30-2020, 03:49 PM
Well that's bs if it's not extended to colleges. 50% should be 50%. No matter where you are. I understand the thought process is probably that a college gameday is going to bring fans from all over the state whereas high school games are usually only going to involve two towns. But honestly, the same people are going to come to Starkville whether its 25% or 50%. It'll just be whether they have tickets or not.

Agree that if it makes sense for HS it should be allowable for colleges too, but there's no way they could sell an additional 20,000 tickets between now and Saturday.

Jarius
09-30-2020, 03:53 PM
Agree that if it makes sense for HS it should be allowable for colleges too, but there's no way they could sell an additional 20,000 tickets between now and Saturday.

The hell they couldn’t. People would flock to the game in droves. We just beat LSU.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2020, 03:54 PM

If they offered 20,000 addt. tickets at 6 PM Saturday they might sell out. People want to see this team and people want to see Leach.

HailStateSZN19
09-30-2020, 03:55 PM

Mississippi is low on the "Karen" and "coronabro" population compared to other states. I'm betting they'd have zero problem selling those tickets to people who would love to go to the game and see this team and Leach.

Jarius
09-30-2020, 04:00 PM
We have 8 thousand additional students that usually get tickets we could sell to tomorrow and put in the student section (and spread through other sections outside the student section to maintain virtue signaling).

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2020, 04:06 PM
We have 8 thousand additional students that usually get tickets we could sell to tomorrow and put in the student section (and spread through other sections outside the student section to maintain virtue signaling).

They wouldn't show up if it was too hot, too cold, not a good opponent, couldn't sit with their friends, game was too early......am I leaving any of their usual excuses out? It took them two days to sell their 25% allotment of tickets. In the past we've sold the whole allotment in 4 hours. Don't give them anymore til they prove they can show up and stay.

RocketDawg
09-30-2020, 04:10 PM
If they offered 20,000 addt. tickets at 6 PM Saturday they might sell out. People want to see this team and people want to see Leach.

I dunno - maybe we'll get the chance to find out.

Jarius
09-30-2020, 04:11 PM
They wouldn't show up if it was too hot, too cold, not a good opponent, couldn't sit with their friends, game was too early......am I leaving any of their usual excuses out? It took them two days to sell their 25% allotment of tickets. In the past we've sold the whole allotment in 4 hours. Don't give them anymore til they prove they can show up and stay.

I’m just saying it would not be hard to get rid of the tickets the week after we upset the #6 team in the country. If we have any left over add to the student ticket population and they would sell.

RocketDawg
09-30-2020, 04:12 PM

Well, the weather can't be used as an excuse Saturday. Should be around 60 at game time.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2020, 04:15 PM
I’m just saying it would not be hard to get rid of the tickets the week after we upset the #6 team in the country. If we have any left over add to the student ticket population and they would sell.

Would they though? I mean I think you'd get a little bit more reaction and buy in but I don't know how much more. I mean god forbid we keep from the bars or house parties. This is a different student population than we've ever had and it's a different Starkville. These kids don't remember the end of Jackie and Croom. These are Dan Mullen MSU kids. They've only ever known us to be good. In the 2000s and early 2010s MSU was the only show in town. You had 2-3 bars and you went there after the games. Now I'd bet that more kids go for a quarter and then go drink at the bars for the rest of the game if they go to the game at all.

Dawgology
09-30-2020, 04:19 PM

In their defense they have had Covid fear drilled into their brains by the school and faculty. We have several interns from MSU this semester and I really feel for them. It's not talked about a whole lot but our college students are dealing with a lot of crap from many opposing sides at an age where they are supposed to be trying new things and learning about themselves. This is really wearing on them. I mean, it's having a profound impact on them. Hell, we have highschool seniors that didn't even get a senior year last year and it's looking like a bunch of the same for this year also. I really hate it for them. All of this bs that has been going on the past year will have ramifications on our children and young adults for years to come...more than it will for those of us that are already adults.

RocketDawg
09-30-2020, 04:25 PM
Would they though? I mean I think you'd get a little bit more reaction and buy in but I don't know how much more. I mean god forbid we keep from the bars or house parties. This is a different student population than we've ever had and it's a different Starkville. These kids don't remember the end of Jackie and Croom. These are Dan Mullen MSU kids. They've only ever known us to be good. In the 2000s and early 2010s MSU was the only show in town. You had 2-3 bars and you went there after the games. Now I'd bet that more kids go for a quarter and then go drink at the bars for the rest of the game if they go to the game at all.

Do most of the kids actually go to bars and drink? Most of them are under 21. Are the bars that loose with the law?

Jarius
09-30-2020, 04:32 PM

Yea they would. Part of the reason people didn’t want tickets at 25% is because the atmosphere was going to be trash. These kids also experienced 2 years of Moorhead so they aren’t all Mullen students.

Commercecomet24
09-30-2020, 05:14 PM
This is so damn dumb.

Agreed. Stupid as heck!

starkvegasdawg
09-30-2020, 05:24 PM
Mayor of Starkville has tweeted out the mandate still holds for Starkville. Not sure how she can supersede state law but it is what it is.

msbulldog
09-30-2020, 05:45 PM
from the new order;

m. College and University Outdoor Stadiums: Attendance at events held in college and
university outdoor stadiums shall be permitted subject to the following limitations:
i. Seating Capacity:
1. Bowl seating: Bowl seating shall be limited to a maximum of 25%
seating capacity depending on space available to ensure a minimum of
six feet of social distancing between persons not in the same household.
2. Club areas: Indoor club areas shall be limited to a maximum of 75%
seating capacity depending on space available to ensure a minimum of
six feet social distancing between persons not in the same household,
with an additional 25% seating capacity in any outdoor seating areas.
3. Suites: Suite capacity shall be limited to a maximum of 75% seated
capacity (indoor and outdoor) depending on space available to ensure
a minimum of six feet social distancing between persons not in the
same household.
ii. Outdoor Social Gatherings Around College and University Stadiums:
All game day/event day social gatherings outside college and university
stadiums shall be strictly prohibited. This prohibition applies to all tailgating,
picnics, fanfare areas, and the like.

Maroonthirteen
09-30-2020, 05:47 PM
We may have 8k in student ticket sells on regular years. Maybe 10k In really good years.

There isn't 8k students waiting to buy tickets. Especially when they are all driving back home every Thursday and Friday. At least the ones know aren't spending much time In Starkville, because of covid.

Jarius
09-30-2020, 06:41 PM
Before we beat LSU you would have been correct. If you gave people the option now, students or not, we would sell as many tickets as possible very quickly. If students had an actual reason to stay in Starkville on the weekends they would. I don’t look for part of that problem to change until after the election with Starkville’s current idiot mayor.

StarkVegasSteve
09-30-2020, 06:58 PM
Before we beat LSU you would have been correct. If you gave people the option now, students or not, we would sell as many tickets as possible very quickly. If students had an actual reason to stay in Starkville on the weekends they would. I don’t look for part of that problem to change until after the election with Starkville’s current idiot mayor.

Did I imagine this or was it very controversial how she even got elected?

Cooterpoot
09-30-2020, 07:27 PM
Mayor of Starkville has tweeted out the mandate still holds for Starkville. Not sure how she can supersede state law but it is what it is.

Most cities are keeping the mandate. Rural areas are not. Then you e got the businesses that require them too.

terradawg
10-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Oh man, the weather is going to be perfect Saturday night! October is my favorite month of the year; good weather, good football...