PDA

View Full Version : One thing we can all agree with, and a question to follow

CliffDawg39339
11-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Whether you are a Mullen Fan or the opposite, you have to agree, this snowball that began around 600 days ago has gotten huge and is bearing down on Starkville. Most every thread on every board says the same thing. Calls are coming in on radio shows. everyone has their own story about their Cigar friend being fed up, I have one, and it's true. The M club is supposedly tAlking about Mullen during games, and so on. The next two weeks will likely compound this. Without sharing my opinion in this thread, I'm just curious as to how anyone thinks that this situation is gonna improve?

Fan base wise, things are about as bad as they can get, and no matter how many people wanna say the magic words to make it stop, it's not going to.

In regards to the program, do we currently claim any momentum? We are split as a fan base, does anyone see that getting better? I'd love to discuss how this could get any better in the situation we are in, and not make it about HUD.

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Don't worry we have basketball season starting soon

Coach34
11-06-2013, 11:13 PM
our program direction comes down to our games vs UPig and Ole Miss. If we win them both- Mullen returns. Lose one or both- and all Hell will break loose

HoopsDawg
11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
It's pretty simple. You have to win in Hogland and then you have to beat Ole Miss or at least keep it close. If Ole Miss comes into Starkville and wins by double digits, look out.

Coach34
11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't worry we have basketball season starting soon

I'm ****ing stoked about basketball. A team that plays its ass off for 40 minutes? Who wouldnt be excited?

CadaverDawg
11-06-2013, 11:16 PM
It could get better immediately with an upset in one of our next two games..or it sHoUlD

Coach34
It's pretty simple. You have to win in Hogland and then you have to beat Ole Miss or at least keep it close. If Ole Miss comes into Starkville and wins by double digits, look out.

If Ole Miss wins period its going to be ugly- there is no close in that game right now

ShotgunDawg
3 Things:

1. Winning cures everything

2. If this is as bad as it gets, a 4 and 4 record and statistically beating a top 15 team, then the next 10 years should be a blast.

3. We have beat this dead horse long enough. Everyone is tired of this discussion.

HoopsDawg
11-06-2013, 11:20 PM
If Ole Miss wins period its going to be ugly- there is no close in that game right now

If we beat Arkansas and lose a tight, well played and well coached game to Ole Miss, I don't think Scott or the administration can pull the trigger.

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm ****ing stoked about basketball. A team that plays its ass off for 40 minutes? Who wouldnt be excited?

I'm excited too and not because I think we'll make a postseason run but because we will see a lot of improvement but mostly I'm excited that we now have a full bench. Really looking forward to seeing Bear Wilson.

CliffDawg39339
11-06-2013, 11:26 PM
I don't know that I agree coach. I think all hell is upon us, most fans would say those wins are not gonna happen, but a win over Arkansas and ole miss seem to be bandaid wins and this picks up next year.

CliffDawg39339
11-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Yea...

Coach34
11-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Really looking forward to seeing Bear Wilson.

do what? There is like a 5% chance he plays basketball. And if he does- he will hardly play if any until Feb

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 11:33 PM
do what? There is like a 5% chance he plays basketball. And if he does- he will hardly play if any until Feb

He'll make it by SEC play. I have faith

Coach34
11-06-2013, 11:34 PM
He'll make it by SEC play. I have faith

I seriously doubt he plays

preachermatt83
11-06-2013, 11:35 PM

This^^^

Dawg61
11-06-2013, 11:37 PM
I seriously doubt he plays

I'd like to bet my last 10 vCash that DeRunnya "Bear" Wilson plays basketball for MSU this year. Can you make that happen? Thanks

hacker
11-07-2013, 12:02 AM
He said this week he still planned on playing bball.

engie
11-07-2013, 12:43 AM
I think he'll play basketball if we don't go bowling. Why wouldn't he? That's an extra 5 weeks to get in basketball shape and acclimated to get ready before conference play...

Coach34
11-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Bet is set up in the betting forum

dickiedawg
11-07-2013, 08:27 AM

Hey, that's exactly what the football team did against LSU.

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey, that's exactly what the football team did against LSU.

we'll played sir.

what's funny to me in all of this is the admin has been tryin to put out the word that CDM is safe no matter what, yet they never signed that extension...

Also, they don't realize that Mullen is about to be the sacrificial lamb because of their stupidity. They're the ones who botched the schedule this season. Mullen hasn't lost to anyone outside of the top 15 this year, but at Mississippi State that's ground for termination!!!! No... what should be grounds for termination is having 5 top 15 teams on your schedule and being dumb enough to schedule another one.

msstate7
11-07-2013, 09:07 AM

Football season could be over thanksgiving

Homedawg
11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
I'd like to bet my last 10 vCash that DeRunnya "Bear" Wilson plays basketball for MSU this year. Can you make that happen? Thanks

I heard ray speak not long ago. He basically said, 6-5 basketball players were a dime a dozen. 6-5 wr w his abilities were special. I'll side w coach. Less than 5% he plays hoops.

Big4Dawg
11-07-2013, 09:45 AM
we'll played sir.

what's funny to me in all of this is the admin has been tryin to put out the word that CDM is safe no matter what, yet they never signed that extension...

Also, they don't realize that Mullen is about to be the sacrificial lamb because of their stupidity. They're the ones who botched the schedule this season. Mullen hasn't lost to anyone outside of the top 15 this year, but at Mississippi State that's ground for termination!!!! No... what should be grounds for termination is having 5 top 15 teams on your schedule and being dumb enough to schedule another one.

I'm sick of this excuse. It doesn't matter that we lost to top 15 teams, it's everything else. Getting slaughtered in games, barely beating Bowling Green and Kentucky, etc.

Tbonewannabe
11-07-2013, 10:43 AM
[/B]
I
I'm sick of this excuse. It doesn't matter that we lost to top 15 teams, it's everything else. Getting slaughtered in games, barely beating Bowling Green and Kentucky, etc.

It isn't that we lose to top 15 teams, we look like Alcorn St when we play them. We are pretty much on par with UK but we just win all the games we should win and not slip up and lose to BG and Troy.

Mullen has won those games like UAB and Troy. Under Croom and sometimes Jackie we would lose those.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Gawd I hope we get Muschamp