PDA

View Full Version : Prepare for Resentment from Other SEC Fan Bases

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2020, 08:56 AM
Not that it matters, but prepare for resentment from other SEC fan bases.

Most SEC fan bases have natural order of things and in their mind, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, in every other fan base's mind, they believe they are better than Mississippi State.

So when Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, etc win, it's not a big deal to those fan bases because it's fits their world view & maintains their school's status in their mind.

However, when MSU wins, as we saw with Mullen, they become angry because their own significance is disrupted. They believe they are better than MSU and that they deserve more than MSU. Thus when MSU wins, they get angry, hold resentment, and bitch, complain, & ultimately discredit everything MSU does.

Currently, they all think Leach is cute and funny, but soon it'll be their team that gets their ass run off the field, and the resentment and anger will begin to build.

Get ready for it! You're about to hear about how terrible cowbells are, how they should be banned, MSU is cheating in recruiting, etc.

Could get ugly

BrunswickDawg
09-29-2020, 08:59 AM
17' em!

Commercecomet24
09-29-2020, 09:01 AM
It doesn't matter, Leach thrives on that kind of stuff and it will only drive him to win even more. As for me, I've never been a conformist and I like it. Screw the rest of em. What's the saying: "We all we got, we all we need!"

SaintDawg
09-29-2020, 09:02 AM

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 09:04 AM
When Leach brings in a couple of legit 5* WRs the cries up North will be deafening.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2020, 09:05 AM
It doesn't matter, Leach thrives on that kind of stuff and it will only drive him to win even more. As for me, I've never been a conformist and I like it. Screw the rest of em. What's the saying: "We all we got, we all we need!"

Yup. We got the right guy for it, but you know it's coming. What's funny is that we've been to 10 straight bowl games, but for whatever reason, most older fans have an inferior view of us.

smootness
09-29-2020, 09:10 AM
You'll see additional resentment because all of them will be wondering 'What if?' especially the schools who have legitimately considered it like Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. Even some of the blue bloods will be wishing they had pulled the trigger on him. He's the guy everybody is scared to pull the trigger on but wary of letting somebody else get as well. And somebody else just got him, and now their worst fears are being realized - that he is as good as they imagined but coaching someone else.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2020, 09:11 AM
Yup. We got the right guy for it, but you know it's coming. What's funny is that we've been to 10 straight bowl games, but for whatever reason, most older fans have an inferior view of us.

Exactly right! I can picture Leach giving the team this speech:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-doE5gvU20

Jack Lambert
09-29-2020, 09:15 AM
Arkansas fans will be bitching about cowbells Sunday.

BiscuitEater
09-29-2020, 09:23 AM
There are huge chunks of UT, Hog and especially Kentucky fans that have been begging for the Pirate EVERY time the HC job comes up. They see the possibilities and 'how' he takes lesser star players and improves them as he builds a team.

My Kentucky friends have wanted him back since the Hal Mumme days!

Dannyripms
09-29-2020, 09:25 AM
I've had so many people say that we just beat them cause LSU sucks this year and they'll be lucky to win 2 games this year. Of course these are ole piss fans. I told them I hope LSU beats the brakes off them. Their argument is they hung 600 yards on florida so they think they'll trash LSU. HAHA.

Jarius
09-29-2020, 09:26 AM
Look on TRANT this morning. Every single one of them are downplaying our win against LSU. They don't want it to be true so bad. They will rationalize it until we show up on their doorstep and whip their ass.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 09:28 AM
I've had so many people say that we just beat them cause LSU sucks this year and they'll be lucky to win 2 games this year. Of course these are ole piss fans. I told them I hope LSU beats the brakes off them. Their argument is they hung 600 yards on florida so they think they'll trash LSU. HAHA.

A bad secondary has always been a Todd Grantham weakness. I know om fans that were flying high after that game. They thought Kiffin was an offensive genius. All of a sudden they stopped posting on FB 2/3rds through our game in BR. They haven't posted since.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2020, 09:29 AM
Look on TRANT this morning. Every single one of them are downplaying our win against LSU. They don't want it to be true so bad. They will rationalize it until we show up on their doorstep and whip their ass.

That's ok, let em keep downplaying us.

Extendedcab
09-29-2020, 09:50 AM

Hey, I'm an older fan (62 :cool:) and I despise the inferiority complex MSU and some percentage of fans have. I have always been of the mind set we (MSU) are just as good if not better than the competition. I am glad ML does not have this same self demeaning attitude! Full steam ahead, kick ass and take names!!

SheltonChoked
09-29-2020, 09:59 AM
17' em!

ditto

This isn't 1974 with Shug Jordon outlawing cowbells.

FISHDAWG
09-29-2020, 10:30 AM
Lotta wool above ... and a long way to go

R2Dawg
09-29-2020, 12:32 PM

Most SEC fan bases have natural order of things and in their mind, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, in every other fan base's mind, they believe they are better than Mississippi State.

So when Alabama, LSU, UGA, Florida, etc win, it's not a big deal to those fan bases because it's fits their world view & maintains their school's status in their mind.

However, when MSU wins, as we saw with Mullen, they become angry because their own significance is disrupted. They believe they are better than MSU and that they deserve more than MSU. Thus when MSU wins, they get angry, hold resentment, and bitch, complain, & ultimately discredit everything MSU does.

Currently, they all think Leach is cute and funny, but soon it'll be their team that gets their ass run off the field, and the resentment and anger will begin to build.

Get ready for it! You're about to hear about how terrible cowbells are, how they should be banned, MSU is cheating in recruiting, etc.

Could get ugly

Yep already happening and it has always been that way. The blue bloods want us to stay in our lane. We have slowly come up on them without them realizing it the past 12 years. They have never liked us when we do. I remember a lot of hate in the JWS domination of late 90s.

msbulldog
09-29-2020, 12:35 PM

Could get ugly

Well then 17 'em and feed 'em fish heads!

StateDawg44
09-29-2020, 12:42 PM
All any of that means is that you must be doing something right.

Haters gonna hate.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 12:55 PM
All any of that means is that you must be doing something right.

Haters gonna hate.

Yep.

2008: "That Coach Croom is good coach just give him some more time."

2009: "That Mullen is a son of a bitch!"

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2020, 04:48 PM
Arkansas fans will be bitching about cowbells Sunday.

No doubt. Our 20k like every other team, but we all get to have cowbells. I called it early Sunday morning. People are going to be saying its not fair.

Todd4State
09-29-2020, 05:32 PM
Too bad so sad.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2020, 05:40 PM
No doubt. Our 20k like every other team, but we all get to have cowbells. I called it early Sunday morning. People are going to be saying its not fair.

As my grandfather used to say "A fair is a place you go to ride, rides, life ain't a fair"!

Jack Lambert
09-29-2020, 06:19 PM

The SEC is allowing for each school to pipe in 70% of thier normal crowd noise. It is going to be loud in Davis Wade.