PDA

View Full Version : Luginbill on OOB

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 08:33 AM
* Rush 3, drop 8 w/ this offense and Leach will run the ball. Luges has seen him do it before in games he's called.

* He still thinks Leach should run the ball more (especially since Kylin is the best back he's ever had).

* This offense is a master work and when it hums on all cylinders it's a symphony.

* Leach isn't overlooking Arkansas and neither is the team.

* Kylin Hill's draft stock took off like a rocket Saturday.

* Costello could have a legit Heisman campaign.

* Don't fall for the LSU is down crap. They have plenty of talent but they got out coached all day long on both sides of the ball.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2020, 08:40 AM
I think Mike will run the ball more (although KJ is so damn accurate, I'm not sure he has too)

However, with LSU playing man to man coverage, he had to throw it. LSU was trying to stop the run on us. If teams drop 8 & rush 3 then we'll run it

HailStateSZN19
09-29-2020, 08:45 AM
I'm sick of the "LSU lost so much" BS that so many talking heads are pushing.

Whether we upgraded these positions or not, we lost: starting QB (Tommy), starting LT (Phillips), starting C (D. Williams), starting RG (Reese), starting TE (Farrod), 2 starting WR (Guidry and Thomas) on offense. On defense, we lost starting DE (Rivers), senior DT (Autry), NG (Lovett), LB (Willie), LB (Washington), Safety (Brian Cole), Safety (Landrews), CB (Dantzler), CB (Tyler Williams) and CB/Safety (Jarrian).

LSU was dead last like 130th in returning production on both sides of the ball. Guess what, we were around 115th. That ain't no damn excuse.

We broke in an ENTIRE new staff this offseason.

They bring in 4 and 5 stars to replace guys. We insert walk-ons and low 3-stars.

They're just lucky we turned it over 4 times or we woulda beat them by 20-21 points.

Commercecomet24
09-29-2020, 08:53 AM

Whether we upgraded these positions or not, we lost: starting QB (Tommy), starting LT (Phillips), starting C (D. Williams), starting RG (Reese), starting TE (Farrod), 2 starting WR (Guidry and Thomas) on offense. On defense, we lost starting DE (Rivers), senior DT (Autry), NG (Lovett), LB (Willie), LB (Washington), Safety (Brian Cole), Safety (Landrews), CB (Dantzler), CB (Tyler Williams) and CB/Safety (Jarrian).

LSU was dead last like 130th in returning production on both sides of the ball. Guess what, we were around 115th. That ain't no damn excuse.

They bring in 4 and 5 stars to replace guys. We insert walk-ons and low 3-stars.

They're just lucky we turned it over 4 times or we woulda beat them by 20-21 points.

Bravo, sir! We outplayed and outcoached them plain and simple!

Johnson85
09-29-2020, 10:04 AM

"LSU lost so much" it's not an excuse for LSU. They were in a much better position than us, but we upgraded coaching and the QB position and got a good WR transfer. There's no excuse for LSU to not do the same or better than us. We won the offseason and that allowed us to beat them pretty solidly even with some first game sloppiness.

But it is relevant when trying to figure out exactly how good this makes us. I think LSU is going to be a pretty good team by the end of the year because they have a lot of talent and I think their defense will be good; we made them look bad b/c they tried to go man so much, which I can sort of understand based on how our WRs looked in the past. I'm not sure how good they are right now. Probably better than we made them look because they probably will be able to man up a lot of other teams. I think their biggest question is OL. Did we get to the QB and shut down the run b/c we have more talent than people realized and Arnett put them in the right position? Did we get to the QB b/c LSU's OLine just hasn't meshed yet? Did we get to the QB b/c LSU's OLine just doesn't have the talent this year? Hopefully the first possibility is the answer, in which case we're about to have a special year. If it's one of the other two, then we're still about to have a really fun year. Pretty good place to be in.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 10:10 AM
The one thing they need to worry about in BR is O's ability to bring in an offensive staff capable of producing a quality SEC QB. They lucked up with Joe Burrow (and Joe Brady). The Slim Reaper ain't Joe Burrow. If he's the best they got they're in trouble for the foreseeable future.

Johnson85
09-29-2020, 10:36 AM
The one thing they need to worry about in BR is O's ability to bring in an offensive staff capable of producing a quality SEC QB. They lucked up with Joe Burrow (and Joe Brady). The Slim Reaper ain't Joe Burrow. If he's the best they got they're in trouble for the foreseeable future.

O needs a new OC. He got lucky with Brady. Burrow looked pretty pedestrian the year before. The problem is he's not going to fire Ensminger, so he needs somebody capable of being an OC and willing to not be an OC. Not impossible as how much credit Brady got shows it's not a bad way to go. But not as easy as just offering an established OC $2M to come take over for Ensminger.

StarkVegasSteve
09-29-2020, 11:09 AM
O needs a new OC. He got lucky with Brady. Burrow looked pretty pedestrian the year before. The problem is he's not going to fire Ensminger, so he needs somebody capable of being an OC and willing to not be an OC. Not impossible as how much credit Brady got shows it's not a bad way to go. But not as easy as just offering an established OC $2M to come take over for Ensminger.

Does he get desperate enough to offer it to Hugh?

defiantdog
09-29-2020, 11:15 AM
LSU has always and will always run majority man to man on defense..... Bama's the same way. Both teams teach their DBs to run a cover 3 hybrid where they run man to man, but drop to an under route if they see the receivers cross or stay on the line. Our receivers ran on every play. They jumped off the line and acted like they were getting the ball on every play. Not one of them stood still or jogged threw a route. It's not as simple as saying they should've transitioned to a zone. Leach would've burned them down the middle if they ran a zone. Rushing 3 will only hurt a defense because they'll be running more and get winded faster.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 11:20 AM
Does he get desperate enough to offer it to Hugh?

Interesting...

Covering up rapes...Taking money from children's charities...Hiring Hugh Freeze as OC is not that big of a jump down there.

Percho
09-29-2020, 12:02 PM
I believe the difference in the game was we punted 3 times and they punted 7 times. The reason they punted 7 times was because their RB's had less than 100 yards. They could not stay on the field running the ball and we hit all those big 3rd down plays.

msu15
09-29-2020, 01:11 PM
I think Mike will run the ball more (although KJ is so damn accurate, I'm not sure he has too)

However, with LSU playing man to man coverage, he had to throw it. LSU was trying to stop the run on us. If teams drop 8 & rush 3 then we'll run it

You just contradicted your sig lol

Captain Falcon
09-29-2020, 02:02 PM
You'll never see Kylin have a 25-30 carry game again. But even Borghi had a few 15 carry games last year. In fact, Borghi only had one game all last season with fewer carries than what Kylin had on Saturday.

My guess is he has a 100 yard game or two on the ground this season, it just won't come with as many carries as he got last year. But if teams start zoning us a lot then yeah he's going to get more touches whether it be as rushes or as passes out of the backfield.

SheltonChoked
09-29-2020, 03:32 PM
You'll never see Kylin have a 25-30 carry game again. But even Borghi had a few 15 carry games last year. In fact, Borghi only had one game all last season with fewer carries than what Kylin had on Saturday.

My guess is he has a 100 yard game or two on the ground this season, it just won't come with as many carries as he got last year. But if teams start zoning us a lot then yeah he's going to get more touches whether it be as rushes or as passes out of the backfield.

Leach said in postgame that they were surprised LSU kept collapsing down and due to that they went over the top.

Expect to see someone try and stop that by keeping safeties deep, and that's when Kylin will get his extra carries/short passes/shovel passes.

Remember, Costello played with Bryce Love when he ran for 2100 yards. He knows what having an NFL Running back does to open up the passing game.

Turfdawg67
09-29-2020, 04:08 PM
LSU has always and will always run majority man to man on defense..... Bama's the same way. Both teams teach their DBs to run a cover 3 hybrid where they run man to man, but drop to an under route if they see the receivers cross or stay on the line. Our receivers ran on every play. They jumped off the line and acted like they were getting the ball on every play. Not one of them stood still or jogged threw a route. It's not as simple as saying they should've transitioned to a zone. Leach would've burned them down the middle if they ran a zone. Rushing 3 will only hurt a defense because they'll be running more and get winded faster.

Wow, you've come a long ways since this asinine post...

"We're gonna need to score 100 points a game to even compete. LSU lost a lot of defensive players and replaced them with 4 and 5 stars. We lost a lot and replaced with a walk-on that some folks seem to be comparing to Abram. Take the glasses off boys. I thought we were gonna win 4, but that may be pushing it."

Cowbell
09-29-2020, 04:28 PM

"We're gonna need to score 100 points a game to even compete. LSU lost a lot of defensive players and replaced them with 4 and 5 stars. We lost a lot and replaced with a walk-on that some folks seem to be comparing to Abram. Take the glasses off boys. I thought we were gonna win 4, but that may be pushing it."

Cold! Lol

Turfdawg67
09-30-2020, 04:48 PM
Cold! Lol

It's what I do best... call out the hypocrisy and the douchiest fans. How can you possibly think that way before week 1 and then be talking strategy for the rest of the season?? Sorry dumbass, sit back and enjoy that we don't have to score 100 pts a game!

Cowbell
09-30-2020, 06:01 PM
It's what I do best... call out the hypocrisy and the douchiest fans. How can you possibly think that way before week 1 and then be talking strategy for the rest of the season?? Sorry dumbass, sit back and enjoy that we don't have to score 100 pts a game!

I agree. Just like C34 coming out with his analysis on Sunday

Jack Lambert
09-30-2020, 07:35 PM
If that son of a bitch is so smart and knows it all why isn't his coaching making 5 million a year? I am so sick of these ass holes on radio who think they know shit when most of them couldn't win at tiddlyWinks. Matt is the only show I will listen to.

Extendedcab
09-30-2020, 08:08 PM
Get em Jack! :o

bobtail bob
09-30-2020, 08:40 PM

Not all heroes wear capes

ShotgunDawg
09-30-2020, 10:00 PM
Not all heroes wear capes

You could put traffic barrels out on defense and, if they’re in the right spot, you’ll slow the offense to some degree.

This staff puts players in the right spot & plays the players that most consistently get there.

Turfdawg67
10-01-2020, 07:26 PM
You could put traffic barrels out on defense and, if they’re in the right spot, you’ll slow the offense to some degree.

This staff puts players in the right spot & plays the players that most consistently get there.

It's intoxicating. I've been this excited a handful of times and unfortunately been let down most of the time. I was sitting, in the Georgia Dome, with my cowbell in hand for the SEC Championship, and was just happy to be there! 2014 set me up for bigger things... damn you DM. We really could have won it all. You put Leach in that same scenario... I think we do win it all!