PDA

View Full Version : UPig fan delusion

NWADAWG
09-28-2020, 02:25 PM
UPig fans on their hogville board think that hogs are better at WR, CB, and O-line than LSU and therefore have a chance to beat us outright.

I will give hogs a little credit, they do have some talent at WR but not sure better than LSU.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2020, 02:37 PM
UPig fans on their hogville board think that hogs are better at WR, CB, and O-line than LSU and therefore have a chance to beat us outright.

I will give hogs a little credit, they do have some talent at WR but not sure better than LSU.

They can't honestly believe they have more talent than lsu at any position much less those 3.

StarkVegasSteve
09-28-2020, 02:40 PM
Let them keep believing it. Maybe they'll get their players believing it too. And then we can torch them for 600 yards just like we did LSU

NWADAWG
09-28-2020, 02:40 PM
They can't honestly believe they have more talent than lsu at any position much less those 3.

Go read some for yourself. It's good stuff. A little humor hit the spot for me.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2020, 02:43 PM
Go read some for yourself. It's good stuff. A little humor hit the spot for me.

I'll go check it out! always like a good laugh.

TrapGame
09-28-2020, 02:47 PM
Bo Bounds said this morning Arkansas wouldn't have anybody on their defense on the two deep for LSU.

HoopsDawg
09-28-2020, 02:47 PM
you have to be careful making any assumptions after 1 week. could be a tough game.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2020, 02:49 PM
you have to be careful making any assumptions after 1 week. could be a tough game.

No question that you can NEVER take any game for granted much less an SEC game but upig thinking they have more talent than lsu is a tad wrong.

Cooterpoot
09-28-2020, 02:54 PM
They blitzed every play vs UGA. Going to be some plays. Franks is good though. They'll get get some points.

TrapGame
09-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Barry Odom might have a wrinkle or two on the defense but they don't have the talent to shut us down on offense.

Walkerhill
09-28-2020, 02:58 PM

Let?s not read our own press clippings. In a 10 game conference only schedule the mentality has to be that your opponent could beat you any given week.

LSU was overrated based on last year, came in with a downright odd game plan on both sides of the ball and played very sloppy on top of that.

That being said, it should not have been as close as it was, we gifted them 4 turnovers including a pick 6, and they also turned an ill advised wonder duck 50/50 into a passing touchdown (could just as easily been a pick or even a 100 yard pick 6).

Arkansas also gave UGA all they wanted for a half.

So both sides should come in with some confidence. Leach will be preaching that we better be ready to play.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2020, 03:01 PM
They blitzed every play vs UGA. Going to be some plays. Franks is good though. They'll get get some points.

Yeah that LSU D Line was a good warm up for our O-Line.

FISHDAWG
09-28-2020, 03:16 PM
you're right ... that was some entertaining delusional reading there but a few of them get it ... and more than a few don't get it

Commercecomet24
09-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Let?s not read our own press clippings. In a 10 game conference only schedule the mentality has to be that your opponent could beat you any given week.

LSU was overrated based on last year, came in with a downright odd game plan on both sides of the ball and played very sloppy on top of that.

That being said, it should not have been as close as it was, we gifted them 4 turnovers including a pick 6, and they also turned an ill advised wonder duck 50/50 into a passing touchdown (could just as easily been a pick or even a 100 yard pick 6).

Arkansas also gave UGA all they wanted for a half.

So both sides should come in with some confidence. Leach will be preaching that we better be ready to play.

We absolutely have to be rational about our expectations. We have a new offensive and defensive system and guys playing for the first time. We are going to have bumps in the road for sure. We have seen what we are capable of though now with a competent balls out coaching staff and that should give us hope we can compete with anyone, doesn't mean we'll go undefeated but we should have confidence in what our team can do now.

Jack Lambert
09-28-2020, 03:36 PM
This guy sum it up well.

"LSU was 27/46 passing for 345
LSU ran 38 times for 80 yards...

I know, I know... most on here think LSU sucks and we are more talented than them...lol"

TaleofTwoDogs
09-28-2020, 05:23 PM
Link to the Arky board??

redstickdawg
09-28-2020, 05:27 PM
Bo Bounds said this morning Arkansas wouldn't have anybody on their defense on the two deep for LSU.

Similar was said of us prior to Saturday, we need to be ready to play. Piggies will have us as a big target to make a splash for themselves.

TrapGame
09-28-2020, 05:39 PM
Similar was said of us prior to Saturday, we need to be ready to play. Piggies will have us as a big target to make a splash for themselves.

They're already arguing about their D getting completely gassed in the second half and UGA's offense taking over. One poster bets that Costello has a huge fourth quarter on them. And, come on Red, we do have a few guys that would have made LSU's two deep. The absolute trashing of this defense by certain posters was uncalled for.

redstickdawg
09-28-2020, 06:18 PM
They're already arguing about their D getting completely gassed in the second half and UGA's offense taking over. One poster bets that Costello has a huge fourth quarter on them. And, come on Red, we do have a few guys that would have made LSU's two deep. The absolute trashing of this defense by certain posters was uncalled for.

I certainly agree that we have guys that would have possibly started for LSU, but just wanting us to not overlook upiggies. Leach has a history of a couple of WTF games every so often.

BeardoMSU
09-28-2020, 06:28 PM
For a fan-base that has an affinity for "squealin", they should do fine Saturday...**

https://metaldevastationradio.com/gallery/image/gallery_image/2275/xxlarge/_v=1545430805

BulldogDX55
09-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Link to the Arky board??

Google "hawgville"

dantheman4248
09-28-2020, 07:45 PM
An understated part of Arkansas's game is that their coach likely literally had the Georgia playbook to study over and game plan against. He knew what Kirby & co we're gonna start with on O. Shouldn't have been a surprise to see them make Georgia sweat early. Then halftime adjustments came and boom, back to reality.

If KJ can withstand the Odom Blitz scheme then this will be another SEC record performance.

TrapGame
09-28-2020, 07:53 PM
An understated part of Arkansas's game is that their coach likely literally had the Georgia playbook to study over and game plan against. He knew what Kirby & co we're gonna start with on O. Shouldn't have been a surprise to see them make Georgia sweat early. Then halftime adjustments came and boom, back to reality.

If KJ can withstand the Odom Blitz scheme then this will be another SEC record performance.

You know what? I completely forgot their coach was the former oline guy at UGA. That makes total sense now.

USS Relf
09-28-2020, 08:06 PM
I am very anxious heading into this game but the one true confidence I take from LSU is Mike Leach's first statements (recorded, at least) in the locker room post-game to the players: "As good as you think this game was, [this game we] played, we have to get better this week. We have to get a week better this week." It is absolutely baptized in "coach speech" but if Leach's mentality right after the biggest win of our program in 5 years was "we have to get better," we're in a very good place right now. And then he's handed the gameball for his debut win and instantly thanks/credits the team for getting him there. I love that s***. He even adds a "Before I get choked up..." JoMo told us what to think, CML is showing us how to think.

Bothrops
09-29-2020, 05:32 AM
Arky can give our defense trouble. Smith and Boyd can move the chains and Burks in the post is a threat.

Maroonthirteen
09-29-2020, 06:04 AM
Come on NWA..... you know what's up.

Arkansas could be playing an NFL team this weekend.....their fans would expect a win.

NWADAWG
09-29-2020, 08:19 AM
Come on NWA..... you know what's up.

Arkansas could be playing an NFL team this weekend.....their fans would expect a win.

This is true. Their hope really is remarkable. Georgia was their 20th consecutive SEC loss.

Yet still, they are more talented than LSU and are about to take down one of the hottest teams in the SEC. Maybe we should hand down the "don't stop believing" to the hog fans.

MStateDawg
09-29-2020, 08:26 AM

They haven't won an SEC game since October of 2017 (nearly 3 full years). I don't even know if Vandy has ever had a drought that long. They aren't gonna be any threat to us.

ShotgunDawg
09-29-2020, 08:30 AM
Their excited guys and they saw reason for hope against UGA. We'd be excited as well.

Thing is though.... UGA is running a prehistoric offense compared to what Leach runs & MSU is light years better at QB than UGA.

Also, Arkansas only has 1 week to prepare

To Arkansas' likely advantage, when looking at Arkansas DC Barry Odom's career, I'm thinking he has experience against Leach

As a GA in 2003 at Missouri, they beat Tech 62-31

In 2009 as a the safeties coach at Mizzou, they did not play Tech

So Odom only has experience against Leach as a GA

2000 Ada HS (OK) (assistant)
2001?2002 Rock Bridge HS (MO)
2003 Missouri (GA)
2009?2011 Missouri (S)
2012?2014 Memphis (DC/LB)
2015 Missouri (DC/LB)
2016?2019 Missouri
2020?present Arkansas (AHC/DC/S)

NWADAWG
09-29-2020, 09:04 AM
They haven't won an SEC game since October of 2017 (nearly 3 full years). I don't even know if Vandy has ever had a drought that long. They aren't gonna be any threat to us.

I believe Vandy's record losing streak is 23. Some level headed UPig fans are a little worried about breaking that.

BiscuitEater
09-29-2020, 09:33 AM
Any comments on their game with Georgia and their 20th STRAIGHT SEC loss?

FISHDAWG
09-29-2020, 01:16 PM
well one delusional fan base is moon-walking anyway ... didn't want to start a new thread but I found this from Tigerdroppings kinda funny

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/any-injuries-from-saturday-/92118891/

Jack Lambert
09-29-2020, 01:19 PM

LSU came at him hard and he got adjusted to the game speed. I feel pretty good about the pass protection going into this week and KJ handling the pressure.

Lord McBuckethead
09-29-2020, 01:20 PM
They will move the ball on us, probably better than LSU. They are built to run and Franks is better than dude at LSU. He also tends to throw picks when you get close him or flash in his face.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 01:27 PM
They will move the ball on us, probably better than LSU. They are built to run and Franks is better than dude at LSU. He also tends to throw picks when you get close him or flash in his face.

But, LSU couldn't run on us. I thought for sure that was going to be our Achilles Heel on defense, more so than our secondary. I was shocked we kept LSU's ground game so low.

Captain Falcon
09-29-2020, 01:52 PM
I have little doubt that someone is going to put up a ton of points on us and limit the Air Raid before the year is over, and it could happen more than once and/or sometime soon.

But I have major doubts that Arkansas is the team to do that. I realize that almost any improvement from them is going to feel like major progress considering how bad the Morris years were. But they still have a long way to go.

This would be a really bad loss by us. There is a reason why we are almost a 3 touchdown favorite and most people have us covering that. I could see them getting some yards and points on us, but I have no faith in them stopping the Air Raid. Heck, even Moorhead put up 51 and 52 on Arkansas two years in a row. I struggle to see a scenario where they can keep up with our offense barring some major COVID absences or a ton of turnovers.

R2Dawg
09-29-2020, 03:02 PM
well one delusional fan base is moon-walking anyway ... didn't want to start a new thread but I found this from Tigerdroppings kinda funny

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/any-injuries-from-saturday-/92118891/

Dang that was funny

WPS
09-29-2020, 03:59 PM
You know what? I completely forgot their coach was the former oline guy at UGA. That makes total sense now.

UGA has a new OC so I?m not sure how similar the scheme is from their old offense. Either way Odom is a huge upgrade at DC over Chavis.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 04:07 PM
UGA has a new OC so I?m not sure how similar the scheme is from their old offense. Either way Odom is a huge upgrade at DC over Chavis.

You're right about Odom. The defense looked way more salty than last year.

Jarius
09-29-2020, 04:09 PM
Their excited guys and they saw reason for hope against UGA. We'd be excited as well.

Thing is though.... UGA is running a prehistoric offense compared to what Leach runs & MSU is light years better at QB than UGA.

Also, Arkansas only has 1 week to prepare

To Arkansas' likely advantage, when looking at Arkansas DC Barry Odom's career, I'm thinking he has experience against Leach

As a GA in 2003 at Missouri, they beat Tech 62-31

In 2009 as a the safeties coach at Mizzou, they did not play Tech

So Odom only has experience against Leach as a GA

2000 Ada HS (OK) (assistant)
2001?2002 Rock Bridge HS (MO)
2003 Missouri (GA)
2009?2011 Missouri (S)
2012?2014 Memphis (DC/LB)
2015 Missouri (DC/LB)
2016?2019 Missouri
2020?present Arkansas (AHC/DC/S)

The day I get excited about losing to anyone we play’s 3rd string quarterback by 27 points is the day someone needs to make me stop watching MSU football.

Ari Gold
09-29-2020, 05:11 PM
Hog fans need to have one thing on their mind..
Beating OM in a few weeks. If not they are staring 0-10 in the face...

BeardoMSU
09-29-2020, 05:16 PM

This. For a team that hasn't beaten a conference foe since 2017, one would think they'd be a little more humble, lol....

msbulldog
09-29-2020, 05:29 PM
But, LSU couldn't run on us. I thought for sure that was going to be our Achilles Heel on defense, more so than our secondary. I was shocked we kept LSU's ground game so low.

One reason LSU had low run numbers was they passed more because they were behind.

TrapGame
09-29-2020, 06:01 PM
One reason LSU had low run numbers was they passed more because they were behind.

They tried to run the ball to keep our offense on the sideline and it didn't work. They tried to run it on 1st down several times with minimal gain. We put them in 3rd downs they couldn't convert. They couldn't get a ground game going at all.

Jack Lambert
09-29-2020, 06:13 PM

The score was either three points or tied for most of the of the game.

Ari Gold
09-30-2020, 07:13 AM
LSU won’t finish worse than 6-4
The prob lose at home to Bama and at Fla..
the will split with Aub and AM at worse.

WPS
09-30-2020, 12:01 PM

Missouri may be winnable, but that's a long ways away. The A&M game is always close and they didn't look too hot against Vandy.

Could see Tennessee and maybe even LSU (both at home) being competitive too. We played with Ole Miss, A&M, Kentucky and Missouri most of the game last year just need to finish better. Our potential game-winning drives last year against A&M and Kentucky both ended in the red zone.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-30-2020, 01:23 PM

They didn't mention the defense?

3rdGen
09-30-2020, 02:10 PM
This is true. Their hope really is remarkable. Georgia was their 20th consecutive SEC loss.

Maybe we should hand down the "don't stop believing" to the hog fans.

OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE!