PDA

View Full Version : Holding and blocking in back

Cowbell
09-28-2020, 12:21 PM
As a former Olineman, I personally love to see refs just letting the big men play. But Saturday might have been the most atrocious non-calls I can remember. They blatantly held us on every play. It will be interesting to see if Leach turns in any complaints to the league office. It says a lot about our young defensive front overcoming that and not letting that be an excuse. Kobe's Jersey was half off the entire game.

msbulldog
09-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Didn't do them one bit of good.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-28-2020, 12:39 PM
I guess it's all about perspective. If you go to Tiger Droppings (LSU message board) there's a lot of complaints that we held their DLs all day. I assume it equaled out for the game.

Commercecomet24
09-28-2020, 12:55 PM
Our DL was pretty impressive saturday. Their OL was holding more than bamas! It's because our DL was getting after them. Was nice to see!

EdDawg
09-28-2020, 01:07 PM
I was only able to watch the 2nd half but I did notice Dolla Bill holding their DE many times that weren't called. He will definitely need to get quicker on his feet, because Leach isn't going to leave a tight end in to chip.

smootness
09-28-2020, 02:20 PM
I guess it's all about perspective. If you go to Tiger Droppings (LSU message board) there's a lot of complaints that we held their DLs all day. I assume it equaled out for the game.

Every team's fans always think the other team got away with holding. Always.

It's because holding is one of the most difficult things to call and there will always be a gray area where they allow a certain amount of it. So you can always find something you think should be called against the opposition while never looking for it against your own team.

Irondawg
09-28-2020, 04:10 PM
Yeah both teams had a big argument against holding. There were a lot of pretty blantant holds on both sides that went uncalled.

lastmajordog
09-28-2020, 05:10 PM
Only thing is Gospel in DOGS football....when they play Bama.....offensive holding on the tide is kryptonite to the officials.......

viverlibre
09-28-2020, 06:52 PM
Many high school coaches teach holding to their o linemen (especially overmatched linemen), their philosophy is, "if the ref starts calling it we'll stop holding."