PDA

View Full Version : I Despise Larry Templeton More and More Everyday

Spiderman
09-27-2020, 11:49 AM
I wanted and prayed for Leach to come here when Jackie left.

Templeton as usual, tries to be Bama and hires a Bama reject.

What could have been.

Bothrops
09-27-2020, 11:54 AM
Well we got him now

Spiderman
09-27-2020, 12:29 PM
Well we got him now

Agree, but he's 58 now. In a related note, anyone seriously believe if we hired Napier or Judge we'd be this happy today?

99jc
09-27-2020, 12:30 PM
I wanted and prayed for Leach to come here when Jackie left.

Templeton as usual, tries to be Bama and hires a Bama reject.

What could have been.

most here will never know the full extent of Templeton's damage to MSU! He is and always will be a Weasel. I've known him since he was a grad assistant living in Pecan Acres. Everything was about him and his advancement.

msbulldog
09-27-2020, 12:31 PM
Agree, but he's 58 now. In a related note, anyone seriously believe if we hired Napier or Judge we'd be this happy today?

Hell no!

TrapGame
09-27-2020, 12:36 PM

NOPE!!!

I think this is Leach's last stop and it's going to be his best. He is going to make us into a national brand. Our recruiting profile will go up significantly. And we will be playing Florida in the SECCG in the near future.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-27-2020, 12:39 PM
Guys, Larry works for the SEC and he has our backs!

https://bookshelfery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/frank-underwood-eye-roll-gif-watch-a-twinkie-new-clip-from-l-a-slasher-gif-94639.gif

State82
09-27-2020, 01:42 PM
anyone seriously believe if we hired Napier or Judge we'd be this happy today?

No. Freaking. Way.

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 01:44 PM
His sorry ass had the attitude that we could only hire assistant coaches as head coaches. I think our success rate on that is 25%. And the 25% was Greg Byrne's hiring of Mullen.

Jack Lambert
09-27-2020, 01:44 PM
most here will never know the full extent of Templeton's damage to MSU! He is and always will be a Weasel. I've known him since he was a grad assistant living in Pecan Acres. Everything was about him and his advancement.

He stayed too long. We did get to final four and SEC football championship under him.

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 01:46 PM

No. And I think we dodged a bullet by not hiring Judge. He's inexperienced and we don't need that now. Napier has been barely winning close games. Makes me wonder if he is focusing on leaving after this year?

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 01:46 PM
He stayed too long. We did get to final four and SEC football championship under him.

Because of Sherrill- a coach LT didn't want to hire.

99jc
09-27-2020, 01:47 PM

i want to add an addendum: We did get to final four and SEC football championship in spite of him.

msu15
09-27-2020, 02:16 PM

Really? I wasn't even born yet, what was the story there and who did he want?

War Machine Dawg
09-27-2020, 02:42 PM

I don't remember who he wanted, but I've heard it before and was very unimpressed with the name. But basically JWS was a Dr. Z hire. Dr. Z told LT that we were hiring The Kang and LT better get on board with it. The rest is history. JWS showed us what we could potentially do and taught us to believe, gave us a sense of self-confidence. We regressed some under Croom, who was a 100% LT hire. But Greg Byrne and Mullen came along, building on the foundation laid by JWS. Thanks to The Kang, Byrne and Mullen, we had the confidence to revolt and demand swift change when Moorhead took us back down the crapper. And now we have Leach. God Bless Dr. Z, his foresight and JWS for giving us a good foundation for the future.

AmiteDog
09-27-2020, 03:41 PM
I don?t think the older MSU fans could have handled Leach back in the early 2000s. The league was still pretty much a 3 yards and a cloud of dust league and most MSU fans wanted that. The Leach offense would have given many of our blue hairs a heart attack. We needed the ineptness of Croom to finally get many fans to understand that we couldn?t do it the traditional way. Even then we had many that took years to accept what Mullen was doing. Hell we still have a good many that aren?t happy with anything but an I formation.

Commercecomet24
09-27-2020, 04:07 PM
I don't remember who he wanted, but I've heard it before and was very unimpressed with the name. But basically JWS was a Dr. Z hire. Dr. Z told LT that we were hiring The Kang and LT better get on board with it. The rest is history. JWS showed us what we could potentially do and taught us to believe, gave us a sense of self-confidence. We regressed some under Croom, who was a 100% LT hire. But Greg Byrne and Mullen came along, building on the foundation laid by JWS. Thanks to The Kang, Byrne and Mullen, we had the confidence to revolt and demand swift change when Moorhead took us back down the crapper. And now we have Leach. God Bless Dr. Z, his foresight and JWS for giving us a good foundation for the future.

Yes sir! My feelings exactly!

Spiderman
09-27-2020, 04:30 PM

yep

Jarius
09-27-2020, 04:54 PM
I don?t think the older MSU fans could have handled Leach back in the early 2000s. The league was still pretty much a 3 yards and a cloud of dust league and most MSU fans wanted that. The Leach offense would have given many of our blue hairs a heart attack. We needed the ineptness of Croom to finally get many fans to understand that we couldn?t do it the traditional way. Even then we had many that took years to accept what Mullen was doing. Hell we still have a good many that aren?t happy with anything but an I formation.

People will get over things pretty quickly if you win, and he would have won bigly.

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 05:43 PM

What WMD said as far as the story goes. LT wanted Bobby Wallace if I remember correctly. He was a former MSU player who had a lot of success at D2 North Alabama and had been a DC under Felker. Eventually he ended up at Temple and he didn't win much there although Temple is definitely a bad job.

People will get over things pretty quickly if you win, and he would have won bigly.

Leach had been with Mumme at Kentucky and we all saw what a pain in the ass it was to defend the Air Raid when they were together. It seemed like every time we played them it ended up like 38-35. Mumme had zero defense though and I would have been all for pairing up Leach and Joe Lee Dunn in the late 1990's. No offense to Sparky Woods- no pun intended- but I bet we go 12-0 in 1999 with Leach and that defense. It would have been scary.

In some ways MSU fans are going to be more accepting of doing something like the Air Raid. But there is definitely the sect of MSU fans that think the only way we can win is to run the ball all the time too. Which is why I think Napier was so popular with some of our fans. Mike Leach will probably change that though.

99jc
09-27-2020, 06:13 PM
What WMD said as far as the story goes. LT wanted Bobby Wallace if I remember correctly. He was a former MSU player who had a lot of success at D2 North Alabama and had been a DC under Felker. Eventually he ended up at Temple and he didn't win much there although Temple is definitely a bad job.

Leach had been with Mumme at Kentucky and we all saw what a pain in the ass it was to defend the Air Raid when they were together. It seemed like every time we played them it ended up like 38-35. Mumme had zero defense though and I would have been all for pairing up Leach and Joe Lee Dunn in the late 1990's. No offense to Sparky Woods- no pun intended- but I bet we go 12-0 in 1999 with Leach and that defense. It would have been scary.

In some ways MSU fans are going to be more accepting of doing something like the Air Raid. But there is definitely the sect of MSU fans that think the only way we can win is to run the ball all the time too. Which is why I think Napier was so popular with some of our fans. Mike Leach will probably change that though.

This is exactly the way it went down Todd!

redstickdawg
09-27-2020, 07:29 PM
We need a stature to Doc Fogelsong who finally pulled the trigger and brought in new fresh blood. We have progressed exponentially since he (LT) left.

Todd4State
09-27-2020, 09:58 PM
We need a stature to Doc Fogelsong who finally pulled the trigger and brought in new fresh blood. We have progressed exponentially since he (LT) left.

You're right but the problem is LT is like the Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. He's always lurking around in the shadows and has some small influence even though he is "gone".

Bothrops
09-27-2020, 10:04 PM

I didn't know he was 58, I thought he was early 60's for some reason.

No, we would most likely be bitching right now.

maroonmania
09-27-2020, 10:30 PM
No. And I think we dodged a bullet by not hiring Judge. He's inexperienced and we don't need that now. Napier has been barely winning close games. Makes me wonder if he is focusing on leaving after this year?

What I can't understand is we were ready to hire Joe Judge (ZERO college experience), but per Rosebowl, Cohen decided not to offer the job to Joe Brady. I guess the only difference is that Judge was an MSU guy. Maybe Cohen figured we would be a stepping stone for Brady.

maroonmania
09-27-2020, 10:32 PM
I didn't know he was 58, I thought he was early 60's for some reason.

No, we would most likely be bitching right now.

He turned 59 in March but he was 58 when he took our job.

Spiderman
09-28-2020, 07:09 AM
What I can't understand is we were ready to hire Joe Judge (ZERO college experience), but per Rosebowl, Cohen decided not to offer the job to Joe Brady. I guess the only difference is that Judge was an MSU guy. Maybe Cohen figured we would be a stepping stone for Brady.

Judge was Croom 2. He was gonna come in here and whip everybody into shape the "right way". We dodged a big bullet if he was offered the job, and Cohen lucked out the Giants offered him if he did offer him the job.

lastmajordog
09-28-2020, 05:11 PM
Spider I really appreciate this post by you.....