PDA

View Full Version : Question - Pass Interfernce on Marks

Lord McBuckethead
09-27-2020, 09:09 AM
1st and Goal from the 9. We throw a pass to marks. Marks got destroyed by a DL for pass interference. We get the call, but our next play is 1st and Goal from the 9 again. Why didn't we get it at the 4.5 yard line?

confucius say
09-27-2020, 09:10 AM
Spot foul, right? I think it is a spot foul unless it is more than 15 yards down field. Placed at the 2 if it occurs in the end zone I think

msstate7
09-27-2020, 09:13 AM
Spot foul, right? I think it is a spot foul unless it is more than 15 yards down field. Placed at the 2 if it occurs in the end zone I think

That has to be right, but how stupid is that? What if the PI is behind the LOS, does the offense lose yards?

revdrdawg
09-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Can't be PI behind the line (or in the normal blocking area of the line). That is what they were discussing, whether Marks was far enough across the line for it to be PI.

confucius say
09-27-2020, 09:17 AM
You can have holding against an eligible receiver behind the line though believe. 5 yards and a first down

msstate7
09-27-2020, 09:18 AM
You can have holding against an eligible receiver behind the line though believe. 5 yards and a first down

Yeah, you can't just tackle eligible receivers.

MaroonFlounder
09-27-2020, 09:19 AM
The horse collar on KJ when they picked up the flag is what pissed me off. That was a shot to the head and pulled him down by the back of the helmet.

revdrdawg
09-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Defensive holding can occur in a number of circumstances that don't have to involve a pass play and can occur either side of the LOS. But PI has to have a pass and a receiver that has gotten one yard past LOS.

parabrave
09-27-2020, 11:01 AM
The horse collar on KJ when they picked up the flag is what pissed me off. That was a shot to the head and pulled him down by the back of the helmet.
How about the non PI call on the LSU receiver who pushed off on that TD. Even the announcers said that was a pushoff.

Really Clark?
09-27-2020, 11:34 AM
How about the non PI call on the LSU receiver who pushed off on that TD. Even the announcers said that was a pushoff.

I was ok letting that go, both players were hand checking on that and the refs just let them play. The push was more of an arm extension keeping our DB off and he still had a shot and got his arm in there at the end. But the blatant holds and OL pushing us in the back...my word that was pretty egregious. We probably have 10 sacks or more if not for that.

TNDawg35
09-27-2020, 11:35 AM
If I’m not mistaken it’s cause it was inside the 25 and therefore a spot foul. Outside 25, it’s 15. We were on the 10, it gave us the 9. If it would have been in the end zone, it would have given us the 2.

And he didn’t get held, he got destroyed by a 325lb dlineman.