PDA

View Full Version : Get Mad When Someone Fishes Right Next to You?

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
It's like, come on man. You see me catching fish and you wanna ride my coattails. Every time you get that feeling, think of this video and realize it could be worse... http://video.fieldandstream.com/video/Thousands-of-fishermen-empty-la?src=related&con=outbrain&obref=obnetwork#c=BHDJ451JBD4TF5P6&t=Thousands of fishermen empty lake in minutes - Human Planet: Deserts, preview

http://video.fieldandstream.com/video/Thousands-of-fishermen-empty-la?src=related&con=outbrain&obref=obnetwork#c=BHDJ451JBD4TF5P6&t=Thousands

Barking 13
11-07-2013, 09:00 AM
looks like black friday at walmart..

If it's someone I know I usually don't mind it, unless in a tournament.. but I can't stand for somebody random to just run up and start fishing by me and not say a word... there are some ethics and etiquette involved...

There's a lot of times as many as three boats (my friends and I) will work an area like a train, yakkin' the whole time...

FISHDAWG
11-07-2013, 09:50 AM
I had a couple idiots one day pull up next to me while we were fishing a rig ... they tied off then raised a diving flag and gave me a look of hey-we are going to need some elbow room ... told them I wasn't moving and then proceeded to tie on a speed jig instead of bottom fishing with bait ... they suited up but then took a look at my speed jigging (which was a little exaggerated I will admit) and decided to go find another rig

SoJackDog
11-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Drives me nuts

SpeckleDawg
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
It can be pretty aggravating, especially when you worked hard to find the fish. This spring, my wife and I were fishing a well known reef, for that time of year, and after about an hour of moving from spot to spot we finally found the money spot. We were catching some very nice trout out of one single spot, on almost every cast. Several boats nearby had that angry look, because that seemed to be the only fish biting at the time. After we netted 6-7 nice trout, a charter boat captain pulled right in on top of us and instructed his 3 customers to cast on that spot. They were close enough for me to pick a specific person and hit them with my jig. I know that he is out there to make a living, but I was amazed that he would do that. Also, it should be noted that this doesn't usually happen. I'm normally not that guy that is pulling them in while no one else is.

Political Hack
11-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I get pretty upset when I pull up next to someone and they won't move.

KennyPowers2
11-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Man I have had some bad run ins with assholes in the water. I was fishing a tournament out of pearl river and we ran to Delacroix. We were set up on a little cut where the current ran hard against it when the tide falls. We were sitting there for 20 minutes pitching to this particular spot when out of te blue a coonass runs up on us and parks his boat where I am pitching. He commences to throwing his Cajun anchor and and starts throwing his stupid popping cork. It was the most unbelievable things have ever seen.

Natedogg33
11-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Kind of a long story. I was fishing out of Venice on a comped fishing trip through business. We were fishing with one of the big outfits down there that I will not name. Myself and my buddies were paired with a good guy, but kind of a green horn. We were out near a rig fishing under birds and catching specks. A local saw us catching fish and he'd drive around us to get ahead of us. After about the fourth time, our guide had had enough. He told us to drop our rods and he was getting past the guy and letting him know he was done with it. I'm sitting on the back deck behind the stand up seat. I hear something tapping the side of the boat and look over. I see the anchor, one of those fluke or current anchors, bouncing on the water, he'd forgot to pick it up before running. The damn thing pops up at that instant, I duck, and it wraps around the seat. Literally would've stabbed me in the head. Flustered the shit out of the green horn to say the least. Not sure what my wife would've done with a multi-million dollar fishing operation.

BeastMan
11-21-2013, 11:38 PM
Kind of a long story. I was fishing out of Venice on a comped fishing trip through business. We were fishing with one of the big outfits down there that I will not name. Myself and my buddies were paired with a good guy, but kind of a green horn. We were out near a rig fishing under birds and catching specks. A local saw us catching fish and he'd drive around us to get ahead of us. After about the fourth time, our guide had had enough. He told us to drop our rods and he was getting past the guy and letting him know he was done with it. I'm sitting on the back deck behind the stand up seat. I hear something tapping the side of the boat and look over. I see the anchor, one of those fluke or current anchors, bouncing on the water, he'd forgot to pick it up before running. The damn thing pops up at that instant, I duck, and it wraps around the seat. Literally would've stabbed me in the head. Flustered the shit out of the green horn to say the least. Not sure what my wife would've done with a multi-million dollar fishing operation.

Holy hell thats amazing. What a bad mistake.

In september we were returning from cat island and we saw birds going crazy and what looked like a pool of blood on top of the water. We stopped about 500 ft before the frenzy and cut off the big engine and dropped the trolling motor to get closer not to spook the fish. We get up close and notice that the red blood looking area on top was the biggest ball of baitfish I have ever seen all worked up into a ball in the middle of the mississippi sound. Unfortunately, it was ladyfish that had the bait stacked up and we noticed porpoises now swirling around outside the ball of bait. It wasn't anything worth catching so we were packing up to leave as a couple other boats were pulling up. One came right up to it and didn't cut off his big motor and we heard him say he caught a baby tarpon (really a ladyfish). It was the coolest thing we saw on the water this year but it's crazy how folks don't understand that the big motor scares of fish.