PDA

View Full Version : Leech is proof the head guy makes a difference quickly---

redfishdawg
09-26-2020, 07:11 PM
It seems like decades ago we had to listen to Moorhead whine.

Leech took mostly Moorhead talent, brought in a QB transfer and now defeated the defending national championship team in his debut in Starkville.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2020, 07:17 PM
Yep better to have any army of donkeys led by a lion than an army of lions led by a donkey.

R2Dawg
09-26-2020, 07:23 PM
True, true

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2020, 07:29 PM
No learning curve?

MagicDawg
09-26-2020, 09:49 PM
It seems like decades ago we had to listen to Moorhead whine.

Leech took mostly Moorhead talent, brought in a QB transfer and now defeated the defending national championship team in his debut in Starkville.

...actually, in his debut in ON THE ROAD IN BATON ROUGE.

The discipline and just plain competence on display in this first appearance are so encouraging.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2020, 09:52 PM
And he sounds disappointed about it!!!! That what I love!! We gonna get much better as the season progresses.

ShotgunDawg
09-26-2020, 09:56 PM
And he sounds disappointed about it!!!! That what I love!! We gonna get much better as the season progresses.

We lost the turnover battle 4-1 and his QB only completed 60% of his passes.

That's what everyone needs to understand here. We were magical today, but there's another level we can play at

Liverpooldawg
09-26-2020, 10:01 PM
The QB was the difference. That guy is REALLY LEGIT. It's amazing how much difference a consistently CATCHABLE ball makes with a receiving corps. Best passing QB I've ever seen at MSU, and I am old enough to remember Dave Marler. I still have the rags of one of his tear away jerseys.

Todd4State
09-26-2020, 10:16 PM
The QB was the difference. That guy is REALLY LEGIT. It's amazing how much difference a consistently CATCHABLE ball makes with a receiving corps. Best passing QB I've ever seen at MSU, and I am old enough to remember Dave Marler. I still have the rags of one of his tear away jerseys.

I'm old enough to remember when you said we couldn't replace Dan Mullen.**

Cooterpoot
09-26-2020, 10:21 PM
And Spurrier proved you can polish a turd. Our WR play was as good as I've seen and it's some of the same guys. We really got screwed by Gonzo and Jomo's boy.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2020, 10:44 PM

Hahaha!!! Nice!!

hp22
09-26-2020, 11:11 PM
The biggest difference to me:

When we got punched, we punch back. We faced adversity and we were up to the challenge he each time.

We play controlled but angry. On all sides of the ball. I think about the early hit on Brennan by brule. I think about Shavers lowering his shoulder instead of going out of bounds. I think Jordan Davis running across the field to make a tackle to keep the guy in bounds. I see some young guys on that defense that have an edge.

We play hard.

Todd4State
09-26-2020, 11:22 PM

When we got punched, we punch back. We faced adversity and we were up to the challenge he each time.

We play controlled but angry. On all sides of the ball. I think about the early hit on Brennan by brule. I think about Shavers lowering his shoulder instead of going out of bounds. I think Jordan Davis running across the field to make a tackle to keep the guy in bounds. I see some young guys on that defense that have an edge.

We play hard.

I honestly thought that after LSU tied it at 34 that the wheels were going to come off for us because that's what always happened in the past. Instead we shut them out on defense and scored 10 on offense to put the game away.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2020, 11:27 PM
I honestly thought that after LSU tied it at 34 that the wheels were going to come off for us because that's what always happened in the past. Instead we shut them out on defense and scored 10 on offense to put the game away.

This. I'm shocked as a lifetime MSU fan. I thought it was over when LSU tied the game. I was pleasantly surprised!! We may not be "out" of a game anytime Leach is coach.

Todd4State
09-26-2020, 11:39 PM
This. I'm shocked as a lifetime MSU fan. I thought it was over when LSU tied the game. I was pleasantly surprised!! We may not be "out" of a game anytime Leach is coach.

And realistically that's all I can ask for as a fan.

Have a chance to win against blue bloods- if we do this sometimes we'll beat them like we did today and also under Jackie.
Beat the SEC and P5/G5 teams we are supposed to beat 90% of the time. The Vanderbilts, Arkansas's, USM's, Tulane's, and etc.
Beat any FCS team 100% of the time.

Liverpooldawg
09-27-2020, 12:19 AM

That remains to be seen. Today was REALLY fun. I won't detract from it, even if you just tried to.

bulldawg28
09-27-2020, 05:21 AM

We play hard.

This all day. Our team has an attitude. Even the young guys were playing mean. It was old school MSU football. We physically beat them.

Cowbell
09-27-2020, 05:45 AM
This all day. Our team has an attitude. Even the young guys were playing mean. It was old school MSU football. We physically beat them.
And I honestly think this is why Leach is here. He knew we had the kind of players he needed. This is already the best defense he has probably ever had.

BrunswickDawg
09-27-2020, 06:14 AM

The other adjustment we will need to make as MSU fans is to quit poor-mouthing our wins.

I don't want to hear any of the "SEC is down" BS people throw out any time we beat a blue blood. No, the SEC isn't down - we just knocked their dicks in the dirt because we are better! LSU has a top 5 talent roster, and we mopped the floor with them. If they go in a tail spin from this (and they could), they still have top talent - they are just weak.

New sheriff in town fellas.

Dawgface
09-27-2020, 08:01 AM

Many of us had that thought at the time. All I wanted to see this year was a more enjoyable product on the field. We certainly got that yesterday. And hopefully a lot more fun to come this year......