PDA

View Full Version : Lets give it up....

BeardoMSU
09-26-2020, 06:57 PM
for our defensive effort today. The offense is a literal video game, but I'm super happy with how, all things considered, the defense played today.

Hambone
09-26-2020, 07:00 PM
I’ll second that! DC called one hell of a game!

There is going to be a lot of sore Tigahs in the morning!

KOdawg1
09-26-2020, 07:01 PM
Absolutely. I'll eat some crow. I expected them to be terrible, but they showed great fire and effort today. We're still ultra thin at some spots, but I feel much better about this defense after today

maroonmania
09-26-2020, 07:02 PM
Had a very rough 3rd Q. Other than that, they were solid all day long. Very proud of their effort.

Bdawg
09-26-2020, 07:03 PM
Even more proud after Emerson went out. We are razor thin back there and we still looked in position. I don't remember a busted coverage all day. Major props to our DC!!!

Cooterpoot
09-26-2020, 07:04 PM
LSU has some issues, but we covered them and got pressure. And we hit hard and tackled well. VERY surprised!!

Bdawg
09-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Had a very rough 3rd Q. Other than that, they were solid all day long. Very proud of their effort.

Turnover had them in bad spots too

SailingDawg
09-26-2020, 07:05 PM
for our defensive effort today. The offense is a literal video game, but I'm super happy with how, all things considered, the defense played today.

No question. Great pressure, how many sacks?

Cowbell
09-26-2020, 07:06 PM
Yeah this DC is the real deal

SaintDawg
09-26-2020, 07:08 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!! That's all I can say. That and I'm out of Four Roses. Drank a half bottle watching the game. Hail 17 State baby!!!!

BeardoMSU
09-26-2020, 07:09 PM
No question. Great pressure, how many sacks?

They said 7 at one point, but that might've been before their last drive.

gravedigger
09-26-2020, 07:09 PM

Let's also realize that absolute certainty is not any indication of credibility.

Matter of fact, it's an example of the opposite.

R2Dawg
09-26-2020, 07:10 PM
Yeah the D brought it today, wow what a year and new coaches make.

HailStateSZN19
09-26-2020, 07:12 PM
Where you at @Coach34?!?!

starkvegasdawg
09-26-2020, 07:12 PM
If they'd call some of the 47 holding penalties lsu had they would have looked even better.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2020, 07:15 PM
Yes sir, Beardo! We played tough, physical and disciplined!

Fader21
09-26-2020, 07:16 PM
There was a busted coverage on the INT. I don't think the safety got over in time. Luckily we hit the arm of the QB which caused a bad throw. Could of easily been a TD

hp22
09-26-2020, 07:21 PM
My favorite part:

Each haymaker LSU threw, we punched right back

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-26-2020, 07:21 PM
Arnett really did an amazing job all round, and the assistants. Boys had good fundamentals, a good attitude, were diciplined, and knew theri assignments. Arnett had them confused all game. Our backup CBS looked better than their starters.

Also, GO LONDON CRAFT!!! dude took shit here for being a unknown walk on but dude didn't get beat once

shoeless joe
09-26-2020, 07:25 PM
Even more proud after Emerson went out. We are razor thin back there and we still looked in position. I don't remember a busted coverage all day. Major props to our DC!!!

The furdge pick was a busted coverage. He had turned the wideout loose with no safety...but it worked out

HRTFXR
09-26-2020, 07:47 PM
Did anyone else notice the lack of all of the player jiving and posturing that was so prevalent the past few years? In the past, our team looked ridiculous with all of the extracurricular BS (especially when they couldn?t back it up with actual dominating play against the opponent). It was very refreshing to see a team focused on PLAYING like winners than LOOKING like ?FB players.? The change in discipline is readily apparent and welcomed.

maroonmania
09-26-2020, 07:50 PM

Anyone have anything on the extent of his injury?

Commercecomet24
09-26-2020, 07:50 PM
How about are new fg kicker? Dude was lights out and right down the middle. Made the clutch 43 yarder in 4th quarter to give us the lead.

Jack Lambert
09-26-2020, 07:54 PM
7 Sacks.

SailingDawg
09-26-2020, 07:55 PM
Did anyone else notice the lack of all of the player jiving and posturing that was so prevalent the past few years? In the past, our team looked ridiculous with all of the extracurricular BS (especially when they couldn?t back it up with actual dominating play against the opponent). It was very refreshing to see a team focused on PLAYING like winners than LOOKING like ?FB players.? The change in discipline is readily apparent and welcomed.

I did notice that on our touchdowns.

Joebob
09-26-2020, 07:56 PM
How about are new fg kicker? Dude was lights out and right down the middle. Made the clutch 43 yarder in 4th quarter to give us the lead.

Glad you mentioned him. What a difference it makes to have a guy like him. If nothing else, he doesn't break you back with missed chip shots after a long drive.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-26-2020, 08:02 PM
Glad you mentioned him. What a difference it makes to have a guy like him. If nothing else, he doesn't break you back with missed chip shots after a long drive.

Christmann has been pretty solid... for Ruiz to beat him out I figure he's pretty good, like "50 yarders are more than 50/50". His kicks tonight looked like they'd be good from 50

Commercecomet24
09-26-2020, 08:08 PM
Christmann has been pretty solid... for Ruiz to beat him out I figure he's pretty good, like "50 yarders are more than 50/50". His kicks tonight looked like they'd be good from 50

Yes sir, strong kicks and dead center, also notice how quick he got the ball in the air. That's very underrated for kickers.

DownwardDawg
09-26-2020, 08:08 PM

Great point. Looked like we had been there before. Not like a bunch of idiots posturing and getting their asses beat.

Commercecomet24
09-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Great point. Looked like we had been there before. Not like a bunch of idiots posturing and getting their asses beat.

Yes very refreshing to see!