PDA

View Full Version : News on Dak

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Matt Wyatt said at the end of Head to Head today that he is hearing that Dak would fly to College Station from Shreveport for the game this weekend, and he kinda of left it at that.

Is there any chance we would start Dak this weekend after not practicing all week?

Man, I really want Dak to get there and play, but I find it tough to think this is reasonable.

Coach34
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
He'll play- unlikely he will start I'd think

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 07:10 PM
If he is going to play then we may as well start him. He is our best offensive playmaker.

If he sharp enough to play, then why not just start him?

starkvegasdawg
11-06-2013, 07:37 PM
He'll play- unlikely he will start I'd think

Playing may be a good therapy for him. Give him an escape to occupy his mind for a couple hours.

raymond21
11-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I have been told he flew back with team today and is practicing tonight.

Coach34
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
He may start- I'm purely speculating. There is no doubt playing will be good therapy for him and is one place he can get his mind off his problems and enjoy himself.

BUT

I would have to think if Tyler is healthy enough to go, he would get the start simply because of the reps he has had this week. But if Dakota is indeed practicing tonight, then it sounds like he will be the guy on Saturday.

I'm good with it either way

slickdawg
11-06-2013, 09:51 PM
RTGDF with Jrob, Perk, Griffin and Shumpert. If Dak can go, let him.

ShotgunDawg
11-06-2013, 09:56 PM
RTGDF with Jrob, Perk, Griffin and Shumpert. If Dak can go, let him.

Let Dak run the ball 20 times Saturday. He may love to take out some aggression on the Aggies

HoopsDawg
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
He may start- I'm purely speculating. There is no doubt playing will be good therapy for him and is one place he can get his mind off his problems and enjoy himself.

BUT

I would have to think if Tyler is healthy enough to go, he would get the start simply because of the reps he has had this week. But if Dakota is indeed practicing tonight, then it sounds like he will be the guy on Saturday.

I'm dreading this game. It's going to get ugly on National TV. We know A&M is going to drop 50on us. How many can we score playing musical chairs.

BogeyGolfer
11-06-2013, 10:00 PM
On JFF and hope for the best. Thank goodness I have to be in Jackson on Saturday all day and won't be able to watch and get pissed off...

Coach34
11-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I'm dreading this game. It's going to get ugly on National TV. We know A&M is going to drop 50on us. How many can we score playing musical chairs.

I think we will easily score 35+....I think it's a 47-38 type of game

HoopsDawg
11-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I think we will easily score 35+....I think it's a 47-38 type of game

LOL, maybe if Dak can play the whole game and we have 0 turnovers. I'm thinking 52-24.

bully99
11-06-2013, 10:10 PM
Is Matt Wyatt that much out of the loop. Of course he would have gotten the info correct if it was Ole Miss.

woozman
11-06-2013, 10:34 PM

BUT

I agree - I'm good either way too.

DownwardDawg
11-06-2013, 10:37 PM
LOL, maybe if Dak can play the whole game and we have 0 turnovers. I'm thinking 52-24.

I think that was my exact prediction. It was something close to that.

BHildreth3
11-06-2013, 11:22 PM
We better run the ****ing football like there is no tomorrow...no excuses...pound it with all our backs

HunterDawg
11-06-2013, 11:43 PM
On JFF and hope for the best. Thank goodness I have to be in Jackson on Saturday all day and won't be able to watch and get pissed off...

Can't spy JFF with a LB. He will get past him. Has to be a safety, at least. And he has to make great one on one open field tackles on a Heisman quality QB. Not easy.

Everyone has tried to spy him, but they have to make the tackle. No one has yet with any consistency.

tcdog70
11-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Can't spy JFF with a LB. He will get past him. Has to be a safety, at least. And he has to make great one on one open field tackles on a Heisman quality QB. Not easy.

Everyone has tried to spy him, but they have to make the tackle. No one has yet with any consistency.

if we use a spy, it needs to be 22-Wells-he is faster than any safety we have.

Statecoachingblows**
11-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Could it be effective to split the field in half spy on one side blitz the off the edge on the other? Taking away two guys for coverage but a better chance of putting him in a spot to make a rushed decision under some pressure with no where to run on the back side

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 11:53 AM
We better run the ****ing football like there is no tomorrow...no excuses...pound it with all our backs

GOLD

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 11:56 AM
If our gameplan is to put a safety on JFF were done already. Not only will Mike Evans shit on our corners but either one of our safeties wont be able to tackle Manziel. Whitley is a total liability only reason he plays is because the coaches are scared of him, heard that from a player I played with in high school. Totally uncoachable. Anyway we have to keep our safeties deep to help stop the pass or they'll kill us. Jay Hughes going down was such a loss for this defense

slickdawg
11-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I'd play a nickel of sorts, and have Redmond on Evans at all times. Keep Wells on Manziel.

DawgsBite34
11-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd play a nickel of sorts, and have Redmond on Evans at all times. Keep Wells on Manziel.

I agree, Redmond or Love and Wells is prolly the only guy we have on D that could make a play on Manziel. Manziel may give us a few picks

ShotgunDawg
11-07-2013, 12:55 PM
I would take some chances and concede that no matter what we do aTm is going to score and make some big plays. If we all agree that we really can't stop aTm no matter what we do, then I think we should run some really aggressive schemes and blitzes and try to get some turnovers or major tackles for losses.

We don't have to stop aTm to win this game. We simply have to stop them on some possessions and take advantage of that by scoring on ours.

Percho
11-07-2013, 01:42 PM
I would take some chances and concede that no matter what we do aTm is going to score and make some big plays. If we all agree that we really can't stop aTm no matter what we do, then I think we should run some really aggressive schemes and blitzes and try to get some turnovers or major tackles for losses.

We don't have to stop aTm to win this game. We simply have to stop them on some possessions and take advantage of that by scoring on ours.

That is how OM plated TT in this game.

In the final Cotton Bowl Classic game to be held in the Cotton Bowl stadium, the 8-4, #20 Ole Miss Rebels defeated the 11-1, #7 Texas Tech Red Raiders. Tech quarterback Graham Harrell broke the NCAA record in this game for most touchdown passes thrown by anyone in Cotton Bowl Classic history.[

maroonmania
11-07-2013, 02:01 PM
If our gameplan is to put a safety on JFF were done already. Not only will Mike Evans shit on our corners but either one of our safeties wont be able to tackle Manziel. Whitley is a total liability only reason he plays is because the coaches are scared of him, heard that from a player I played with in high school. Totally uncoachable. Anyway we have to keep our safeties deep to help stop the pass or they'll kill us. Jay Hughes going down was such a loss for this defense

That actually makes more sense than any other reason he would still be playing.

deltadawg99
11-07-2013, 04:10 PM
The only LB that is fast enough to spy on Manziel would be Wells. I'm not sure what his official 40 time is, but he can fly.

For whatever reason, Wells seems to be a liability in pass coverage even though he is so fast. It's almost like he has trouble dissecting the play and when the ball is thrown the receiver is already past him.

If you are going to be put a DB on Manziel I would put Justin Cox. Cox struggles some in pass coverage, but seems to be a good tackler.

Homedawg
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM

Coaches are scared of him? Like scared as in he's going to whip there ass? Uncoachable? Damn out coaches are being bullied like Martin! Wow.**