PDA

View Full Version : Asked the wife

BeastMan
11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
If she wanted to go camping on one of the barrier islands late next spring and fish for 2 days. She responded, "Hell no. Why would I want to do castaway on purpose?"

Lol

SnakePlissken
11-06-2013, 07:08 PM
LOL. I'm not as good looking as she is but I'll go. :-)

Political Hack
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
I talked my wife into going camping when she was six months pregnant... tremendous mistake. she hasn't been back since.

Barking 13
11-07-2013, 09:02 AM
We went camping on our honeymoon.. it was the last time... 30 years ago

FISHDAWG
11-07-2013, 09:55 AM
if she ever tried it she would probably want to go again ... until you have been there and done that it's hard to understand ... especially when you have the entire island to yourself at sunset ... don't give up on her - but if you go, be advised to camp upwind of any fresh water swamps

Political Hack
11-07-2013, 06:22 PM
we went camping on the Maryland Eastern shore about five years ago. Could hear the waves crashing all night and had the island deer coming up and stealing our food. Wild horses ( mostly tame really) were roaming around.

really cool place. It was in a state park. I forget the name but you can probably find it easy.

Found it... cool place if y'all are ever up that way: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/assateague.asp

CadaverDawg
11-11-2013, 04:03 PM
I asked my wife to marry me while we were tent camping a little over 5 years ago. You find a woman you enjoy living in a tent with for 3 days....you've found a keeper.

BeastMan
11-11-2013, 04:07 PM
I asked my wife to marry me while we were tent camping a little over 5 years ago. You find a woman you enjoy living in a tent with for 3 days....you've found a keeper.

Sounds like words of wisdom there. If you could do an outdoor dawg signature only, that's be it

SoJackDog
11-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Mine went overnight on a sandbar once, Once.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2013, 10:06 AM
Mine went overnight on a sandbar once, Once.

Haha!!! Mine went hunting once......Once!!

SpeckleDawg
11-15-2013, 10:14 AM
if she ever tried it she would probably want to go again ... until you have been there and done that it's hard to understand ... especially when you have the entire island to yourself at sunset ... don't give up on her - but if you go, be advised to camp upwind of any fresh water swamps

This. Mine was a bit hesitant, but actually really enjoyed it. Just make sure you have enough bug repellant (candles, spray, therma-cell, everything) or they won't have fun.

M.Fillmore
11-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Mine will cook it, and cook it well, but she ain't hunting or camping