PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Article On Leach, Mumme Air Raid

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2020, 08:18 AM
Haven't seen this article posted anywhere but it deserves. Fantastic read about the air raid that really gives you some insight about what we'll see

SheltonChoked
09-25-2020, 08:40 AM
Haven't seen this article posted anywhere but it deserves. Fantastic read about the air raid that really gives you some insight about what we'll see

For all of you that want to know why our WR will be better this year, here is the quote:

"That's the beauty because you're only practicing 20 plays too. You run these plays against every look, against every blitz. You're not trying to call a perfect play into a perfect defense. You're just calling what you do well against anything."

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2020, 09:01 AM
For all of you that want to know why our WR will be better this year, here is the quote:

I think one thing we'll all notice tomorrow is how much faster we play. Guys will be playing at their level speed instead of slow like JoMo's offense

Cowbell
09-25-2020, 10:07 AM
I think one thing we'll all notice tomorrow is how much faster we play. Guys will be playing at their level speed instead of slow like JoMo's offense

Leach brought this up last night and his talk show. He even mentioned the defense running at a much faster pace now too.

SheltonChoked
09-25-2020, 10:20 AM
I think one thing we'll all notice tomorrow is how much faster we play. Guys will be playing at their level speed instead of slow like JoMo's offenseThe ironic thing is Leach's purpose is the same as what JoMo said was this goal, take what the defense gives him. Everyone has a read (if my defender does this, I do this), but from what I can tell, it's one read each. But it does make one simple play more like 10 plays to defend, but only 2 plays to learn. And that's the "Magic". It's also why he doesn't move the WR around.

ShotgunDawg
09-25-2020, 10:51 AM
The ironic thing is Leach's purpose is the same as what JoMo said was this goal, take what the defense gives him. Everyone has a read (if my defender does this, I do this), but from what I can tell, it's one read each. But it does make one simple play more like 10 plays to defend, but only 2 plays to learn. And that's the "Magic". It's also why he doesn't move the WR around.

One major difference Leach drills home that Joe does nor is "never pass up an open WR" and "take what the defense gives you and take it NOW"

The result of this is the ball just gets out much quicker

SheltonChoked
09-25-2020, 11:37 AM
One major difference Leach drills home that Joe does nor is "never pass up an open WR" and "take what the defense gives you and take it NOW"

The result of this is the ball just gets out much quicker

Joe also had 3 -4 in play reads for each player, and had to find the perfect play. Leach thinks every play is the right play.

Leroy Jenkins
09-25-2020, 02:29 PM
There is an old saying "A good plan executed on time is better than a perfect plan executed too late."

The epitome of Leach vs Moorhead.